Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    I am very observant, and have an amazing gift......to notice that I am almost the only one posting here.

I may in fact "be" that tree falling in the forest.....and nobody hears!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I am very observant, and have an amazing gift......to notice that I am almost the only one posting here.

Are you sure there is no sound?

just because i dont speak doesnt mean i dont listen

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    just because i dont speak doesnt mean i dont listen
    My quick assessment....you are a far better person than I, to listen more than you talk. In fact, listening is one of the most valued attributes. Talkers are a dime a dozen, but listeners are invaluable!!!

Using the title as a guide....

Anything goes good with a nice win, and a QB that might be "the one"!!!!!

Sometimes I think we should be more like animals. I mean, we as humans have obvious needs, of health. That's why we have toilets. Nothing wrong with that. It's how we function. And yes, people often shy away from the topic, or giggle when certain things are said, or when mentioned publicly, almost get queasy.

Animals on the other hand, tend to do their business publicly, and just walk on like nothing happened. Why be ashamed? It's life.

Does it ever dawn on you that we humans are attracted to most of what nature brings. Could it be part of our DNA? Almost everyone I know loves mountains and lakes and valleys and green grass and blue skies and starry nights and sparkling rivers and creeks and the aroma that comes from many of those sources....I still think the smell in a forest of pine trees after a rain, or on a warm day, might be my fav. Though I am big on so many others. All in all, nature has so much to offer, and we seem to really connect to it.

So here's the deal folks....lets leave it in good shape. That's the noble thing to do.

Call me a homer, but I luv that Tony Kornheiser, he of Pardon The Interruption and so many other sports gigs, waves the Canadian flag at the end of every show. He doesn't have to do that (they don't need to beg for us to watch), but it still feels good. Thx Tony!!!

Quote Originally Posted by johntbronco View Post
    Are you sure there is no sound?

Hey JT...went right by this one!! My mistake.

But my observation....

Do you think Simon and Garfunkel ever thought about changing their song to "Sound Of Crickets"?

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...B6A&FORM=VIRE0
    Last edited by CanDB; 12-04-2019 at 08:00 AM.

I see new health food stores opening, seems like every month around here. Good food choices. Fresh. Tasty.

But I wonder how many of them will succeed. As much as folks are eating more sensibly, folks are not all eating more sensibly. The hunger for a juicy steak or a big cheeseburger, or desserts, or various versions of fried foods never fully subsides for many.
    Last edited by CanDB; 12-04-2019 at 02:32 PM.

We are losing a pillar of our family soon. And watching it unfold, like every one I have observed in past, is painful. There is nothing like death. The impact can be like a hard kick in the gut, so hard that one can hardly breath. And it's the sadness, and the changed lives of those we care about that is even more painful, because one hopes (maybe believes) that the beloved person we have lost is no longer in any form of pain.

Those who remain suffer well beyond.

And though we may think we are ready for such loss, when it occurs we are usually not nearly as prepared as we had hoped.

Hey JT...went right by this one!! My mistake.

But my observation....

Do you think Simon and Garfunkel ever thought about changing their song to "Sound Of Crickets"?

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...B6A&FORM=VIRE0
    My observation on this is:

Did you notice that even though we are not in the "answer question with a question" thread, we are still asking each other questions with a question?

I see new health food stores opening, seems like every month around here. Good food choices. Fresh. Tasty.

But I wonder how many of them will succeed. As much as folks are eating more sensibly, folks are not all eating more sensibly. The hunger for a juicy steak or a big cheeseburger, or desserts, or various versions of fried foods never fully subsides for many.
    I am enjoying that there are a few more "healthy" fast food places. One I like is called "modern market". It gives you the ability to eat somewhat healthy and still eat like fast food. It is pricier, but not too out of line.

We are losing a pillar of our family soon. And watching it unfold, like every one I have observed in past, is painful. There is nothing like death. The impact can be like a hard kick in the gut, so hard that one can hardly breath. And it's the sadness, and the changed lives of those we care about that is even more painful, because one hopes (maybe believes) that the beloved person we have lost is no longer in any form of pain.

Those who remain suffer well beyond.

And though we may think we are ready for such loss, when it occurs we are usually not nearly as prepared as we had hoped.

Sorry D - I hate to hear of loss. It's a painful cycle of life...you have my sincere condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by johntbronco View Post
    My observation on this is:

Did you notice that even though we are not in the "answer question with a question" thread, we are still asking each other questions with a question?
    Ha ha....I did observe that as well!