Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Having a really good, high paying job is wonderful. People usually earn that position. But being really good at the job that suits you (even though lower in status), is just as wonderful.

Here are 10 miscellaneous "facts" in no particular order as I see them:

The Beatles are the best band ever

A cold beer on a hot day is a worthwhile experience

Apple is always welcome in a dessert
    (But so is chocolate!!)

Babe Ruth was the best home run hitter ever, because he hit way more home runs than anyone in his era

Nature is probably the cheapest cool thing there is!

Bobby Orr was the best hockey player ever....changed the game, could skate, stickhandle, shoot, and be physical

A great day is when my wife and kids are all happy (this is my #1)

I love having four seasons, but autumn is something else!

Not even sure how my life would be without sports

Not asking for too much, but peace of mind is always near the top

(that's a ten pointer for now...maybe more to come in future)

^^^I left out coffee, because that would be a given (and I just remembered)!

Haha....

I have sometimes offered this advice to my daughters: If you have a choice between a nice guy and a nice guy with a good career and financial smarts, go with the guy with the money. Nothing wrong with a nice guy with some cash.. (it's a bonus for picking a nice guy)

Based on the amount of fluff in the dryer filter, it's only a matter of time before all our clothes, towels, etc., disappear.

Living in a condo with lots of "not young" folks can be difficult. I like to think I wash our vehicles regularly, but these dudes are crazy that way! It can be dirty outside, and when I look around, most vehicles are perfectly clean. Yes, there is a small carwash, but cmon, I can't keep up with them!!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Living in a condo with lots of "not young" folks can be difficult. I like to think I wash our vehicles regularly, but these dudes are crazy that way! It can be dirty outside, and when I look around, most vehicles are perfectly clean. Yes, there is a small carwash, but cmon, I can't keep up with them!!
    I have a 12+ year old car with 248,000 miles on it and still running great. I wash it umm, whenever it rains on it and maybe twice a year. It does look a little like a golf ball the last 18 months as it was hit by a hail storm. I don't think not washing it, considering it's mileage and age has affected it much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    I have a 12+ year old car with 248,000 miles on it and still running great. I wash it umm, whenever it rains on it and maybe twice a year. It does look a little like a golf ball the last 18 months as it was hit by a hail storm. I don't think not washing it, considering it's mileage and age has affected it much at all.
    Good stuff! We have a new vehicle (which my wife gets to drive most of the time), and we still have an '08....with around 80,000 kms (approx. 50,000 miles), and even though I get offers for it, I might just keep that puppy for the long term. But the good news, I don't feel as obligated to wash it, like the other one.
    Last edited by CanDB; 12-13-2019 at 01:52 PM.

Whenever we look back in time, say even just 20 years, it is easy to make light of how backwards the world appeared, particularly in technology, compared to now. So I often wonder, how much are we going to be laughed at? And how soon?

My Dad, bless him, was a good, loyal customer, but sometimes when he went shopping, he'd sample the goods (maybe a grape or two, or some other small goody). I assume he thought what was ok in Italy, was ok in Canada.....if it was ok in Italy! But him and his brother, my wonderful Uncle, would shop together, and say nice things to the staff, and basically win over their hearts as they stole the goods right in front of their eyes!!

Not trying to insult, but I do believe it takes a lot of work to make a really bad cheeseburger.

I remember going to a golf restaurant, and we know the guy who was running the place. His comment made me chuckle to myself... "I make a good hamburger." And I thought, so do most people I know, on their grills.

Having said that...you do need to put the right ingredients together, and cook accordingly.

Why is it that when I say I'll have my coffee with "room for cream", a number of folks fill it right to the top of the cup?

Or maybe....these folks like to mess with others:

Last edited by CanDB; 12-17-2019 at 08:20 AM.

I have wondered, had I been born in another country, how different would I be? Would I have most of the same values, or would my "environment" be a bigger influence, given it could be a country in war, or in constant flux. I like to believe that the better side of us would remain, but that could be a hopeful assumption. My gut tells me though, that if it was another quality country, there would be more likelihood of similar mindset and values.

A couple of years ago when my wife and kids (who don't even live here!) convinced us to get a puppy, I was against it. And after the first day or two, I was even more against it. But my wife said to give it time, and that I would grow to really love it.

(2 years later) Why is she always right?

We put our style, or mark on things, and that's what identity is all about. When we are in new situations, those that may not fit like a glove, we find a way to make them fit nicer. Like a new dwelling. Or a job, where we follow the description as much or as little is needed. We bring our own skills/experience/creativity... wherever we go.

Do your own thing!!