Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The "Anything Goes" Thread

I thought I'd start a thread that might work, using the perfect name of this forum. If the mods want me to change it, out of respect for the forum itself, I'd go with "Observations Of Everyday Folks". Don't get me wrong, but I prefer the title I chose initially, because it seems to describe what I am trying to promote in this thread.

~~~~~~~

Here's the premise. This thread is for anyone to throw down observations they make, whether they be of interest, humour, "what the heck is that about??", or anything that can be neatly scribed in a fairly short space, and hopefully add the tiniest sliver of value for other members, as they drop by. This is not necessarily about responding to one another's observations, but it is definitely not off limits....which is basically saying, you are always welcome to respond to one another, in this valuable MB.

~~~~~~~~

So here's my first.....

How is it that folks that go to work out at the gym are often seen driving around in circles, trying to find a slightly closer parking spot???

I am never surprised that the same dude who spends $50,000 or more on a vehicle, is the same person who will make a fuss over a small tip.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I am never surprised that the same dude who spends $50,000 or more on a vehicle, is the same person who will make a fuss over a small tip.
    I used to be in a group where we hunted for forclosure deals. (with some but not great success).
    Anyway, we would walk up to a door where the owner is about to have his 200-250k house was about to go into forclosure.
    But....you look outside the house and they have a cherried out almost new truck probably worth 60 k in the driveway. lol

Quote Originally Posted by johntbronco View Post
    I used to be in a group where we hunted for forclosure deals. (with some but not great success).
    Anyway, we would walk up to a door where the owner is about to have his 200-250k house was about to go into forclosure.
    But....you look outside the house and they have a cherried out almost new truck probably worth 60 k in the driveway. lol
    Yesss.

Here's a related one:

People sell their place for tons of money, and have little trouble taking the money, but have little respect cleaning up for the new owners.

Dbacks are often great players, but there's a reason many of them are not on O....

Just my observation, and reawoken by Dizz's thread, but are Poodles gradually taking over the world? It seems that if you are not some sort of "oodle", you are not trending upward!

Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

^^^^^when I heard the video, I thought it was a contestant on Wheel of Fortune"

Today's:

How is it possible that my car dealership has seemingly misplaced the hub caps from our winter tires, and our new summer tires (that are stored by them for reasonable cost), for the same vehicle? Might have to keep all my tires in the condo going forward!

Why are corporations allowed to harass the general public with robo calls? Why are the laws in favor of these corporations......not the gen pub? Aren't our electeds supposed to have our best interests as priority?

Oh ...... it must be their own best interest to take kickbacks ..........

We're in the biggest mess of corruption there's ever been. It's so thick it probably can't be fixed without revolution

[how's that for anything goes] robo calls to revolution
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

^^^^keep 'em coming dizz….and everyone of course!

Maybe I am an old goof, but sometimes it annoys me when, after committing a serious foul against someone else...often in sports, the person involved reads some written statement that apologizes, and sounds so forthright, when it's usually all about covering their butts. Don't get me wrong, it is the correct thing to do, but I wonder how many of these dudes are more concerned about their fines/penalties than the scripted message that was probably written for them.

Do you ever hear or even say a word you have not used for ages? So much so that you almost forget how it works in a sentence. Most words easily fit a sentence, but some of the more complex ones only sound proper if they follow a certain guideline so to speak.

I try to use the words I have learned often enough that I maintain the vocabulary I have. It's exercising the vocabulary muscles. Maybe even try to add some new ones.....you know, the non slang type.

Language is powerful.

I often notice.....that the things that I thought might be an issue in a new residence, or in some new setting (school, work, club), are often not such a big deal, and we in fact, might even embrace someday. One example, decades ago when we moved to a place just outside the city, with a 2 acre property, there was this train track just beyond the deepest part of our land. We knew it was not a typical track, because it was only used for small trains, and very seldom. Our kids were young, so it presented some concern, though the track was higher up and not easy to stumble across.

After a while we realized that we liked it! A nice touristy train was sometimes observed, and it was fairly slow. I'll never forget one afternoon when my kids and I were playing nearer the back, and that train slowly cruised by. The folks on the train waved at the kids, and they waved back. It was so cool!
    Last edited by CanDB; 11-23-2019 at 10:46 AM.

Are you like me, in that you tend to like people who like you? At first that sounds cool, but it may not be. Say the person is a real jerk, but I overlook, given I am a bit blinded by the good feeling I get from them.

I think we all have to be careful not to fall for the "apparent" warmth from another person. As I say, it could be legit, but that does not necessarily mean they are of good spirit. Also, they could be conning us as well.

Tread smartly. If a person likes you for all the right reasons, that's a great thing!