Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    They made the movie The Grudge here (and in a nearby town). I hope they took the scary female when they left.

I love football....but isn't it a bit weird that a big chunk of football is trying to throw a person down onto a hard piece of ground???

How is that big strong men who play sports will take a hard body check, or block, or tackle, or get though a hockey fight.....and hardly make a face, BUT when someone touches them near the helmet (football), or taps them on the wrist (hockey), or similar minor contact when a penalty might be drawn, they look like they've been attacked by a big mob group with weapons??!!! And lets be real, soccer is about the biggest drama of all time, when the diving begins. In fact, they dive so much, they should be registered in swimming.
    Last edited by CanDB; 01-07-2020 at 12:35 PM.

Murmurations, quite the sight.

Quote Originally Posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
    Murmurations, quite the sight.

Soooooo interesting!!!

Thx pal!

My boyz and I met for one of our breakfast meetings, and once again, solved many of the world's problems. Which makes me curious, given we have solved world problems so many times, I am not sure how there could be any left.....plus many are the same ones we solved already!

Most things are "relative"....but relative almost doesn't compute when dealing with extreme cold!!!!

Why is it every time I forget my phone, I come across something worth a photo op? I think we might of saved a pigs life today. We were walking the dogs in the desert and a javelina runs out in front of me, look up and there was a band of coyotes watching him run away... think we interrupted their hunting... AZ wildlife is kinda boring, or maybe I'm kinda boring, that this was my excitement for the day...

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia23 View Post
    Why is it every time I forget my phone, I come across something worth a photo op? I think we might of saved a pigs life today. We were walking the dogs in the desert and a javelina runs out in front of me, look up and there was a band of coyotes watching him run away... think we interrupted their hunting... AZ wildlife is kinda boring, or maybe I'm kinda boring, that this was my excitement for the day...
    Good story J! Boring is in the eyes of the beholder. Your story sounds kinda exciting to me!!

When newspapers have issues getting their product to your home (we still like the paper), and they drop it off one, even two days later....should it not be called, "Olds"?

Playing organized sports was easier than I thought. Prior to, it took some skill to determine who was on your team, because we did not wear uniforms. Had to make some really quick decisions. But in organized sports, it was almost too easy, because all I had to do is look for this colour or that!

From my perspective, sometimes old things are better. I was reminded of it listening to Peter, Paul and Mary sing the classic "500 Miles", which is performed in their way, almost haunting in how it grabs me. There are so many "older" things that still shine, in spite of time, in spite of advances, in spite of the pretence that older is not cool, or trendy. I can name dozens of things off the top of my head whereby older was maybe better. The 60s music scene was for sure. The air we breathe. Gas prices!! (even with inflation factored in).

This is not a knock on advancement and change, and all the great things that come with passing of time. But it's still cool to like what the past had to offer, and salute the progress / innovation / uniqueness that was ahead of its time...back then.

I believe I have a meat tooth and a sweet tooth. Luckily the rest of my teeth aren't up to something too bad.....oh wait, there's that coffee tooth.

If nothing else I've learned, there is one fairly simple fact....that putting even the smallest effort into finding "common ground" is far wiser than to seek division.

I wonder..... do people who utilize a restaurant gift card, just calculate the tip on the lower cost of the bill rather than the original amount? If so, they are not exactly being fair to the staff, who in such situations (unless they provide poor service), probably deserve a better outcome.