Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    When newspapers have issues getting their product to your home (we still like the paper), and they drop it off one, even two days later....should it not be called, "Olds"?

Playing organized sports was easier than I thought. Prior to, it took some skill to determine who was on your team, because we did not wear uniforms. Had to make some really quick decisions. But in organized sports, it was almost too easy, because all I had to do is look for this colour or that!

From my perspective, sometimes old things are better. I was reminded of it listening to Peter, Paul and Mary sing the classic "500 Miles", which is performed in their way, almost haunting in how it grabs me. There are so many "older" things that still shine, in spite of time, in spite of advances, in spite of the pretence that older is not cool, or trendy. I can name dozens of things off the top of my head whereby older was maybe better. The 60s music scene was for sure. The air we breathe. Gas prices!! (even with inflation factored in).

This is not a knock on advancement and change, and all the great things that come with passing of time. But it's still cool to like what the past had to offer, and salute the progress / innovation / uniqueness that was ahead of its time...back then.

I believe I have a meat tooth and a sweet tooth. Luckily the rest of my teeth aren't up to something too bad.....oh wait, there's that coffee tooth.

If nothing else I've learned, there is one fairly simple fact....that putting even the smallest effort into finding "common ground" is far wiser than to seek division.

I wonder..... do people who utilize a restaurant gift card, just calculate the tip on the lower cost of the bill rather than the original amount? If so, they are not exactly being fair to the staff, who in such situations (unless they provide poor service), probably deserve a better outcome.

There are many ways to look at life. You can believe in fate, or faith, or luck, or timing or a bunch of things....likely combined as your overall belief system. And though I do not adhere as I should, if unsure, perhaps the best way to approach life is by objectively seeking the better outcome on every single decision you make. That is not totally realistic, but think of it. We probably make hundreds of decisions every day, many of them being very small. "Should I go here first or there?" But in a pragmatic world, if you choose the smarter decision most of the time, and especially on the priority ones, you will likely be a success in one way or another.

Now....bad luck, fate, timing or whatever, could make a mess of that theory, but I think the odds are good if you follow that plan.

We watch The Grammies….usually. But they seem to have at least one too many categories that the same people compete against. I get Song of The Year, and Album of The Year, but do they need a Record of The Year as well? Maybe I have things misinterpreted a little, but for me, one for an individual song and one for an album works just fine.

Listen, I think Billie Eilish and her brother are fantastic, and I love some of their music! But it seems to me, and this is not the first time, mostly the same folks are against each other for one extra award. And in this case, one too many awards going to the same folks.