Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    We are fortunate to live in a nice condo. Most of the people we've met are great! But there are always a few....you know who's. I've learned that a few of them complain over little rules. Not surprised. You can never escape those who need to complain or whine.

My take is this: You need basic rules, almost everywhere, just to maintain what you believe in as a community. But too many rules can be a sign of poor harmony among the group. Further, I believe that rules can be stretched a wee bit, if most folks are benefitting by it....rather than a number of folks watching one another for the smallest of "extensions". It can become a community that loses instead of gaining, because if you have a culture that supports one another, and you let things go when prudent to do so, you are better off than having a place that supports the whiners and complainers.

This is not aimed at this board......I have always believed the statement I make over my decades of interactions with others in various organizations/clubs/etc., and it is ripe for reviewing given the recent condo experience that I have heard about. Like I say, we really like this place, and are even more fortunate because we are in a corner location, with very few people around. (But good people at that!).

I am big on customer service. For as long as I go back in that industry, it accounts for 2/3rds or more of customer loyalty.

But it seems to me, and some of my buddies, that customer service is in decline mode. Seems like calling for support leads to lengthy, incorrect responses. Not all the time, but often. I can give loads of other examples of poor service, including a number of not so positive experiences with the company I used to work for.

I am not sure if it's the new world we live in, where online has left service behind, or companies are cutting budgets to base levels, or employees are distracted, or whatever?

Don't get me wrong, I still receive good, even excellent service in many places. That's mainly why I go back.

Throughout my life I've observed a few things. One of the constants I note.....it's better to live, smile and laugh, then to just live.

I wonder what Turkeys mark on their calendars on days like this?

Last edited by CanDB; 11-28-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I wonder what Turkeys mark on their calendars on days like this?

If a tree falls in the forest, and I hear it, does that mean I have really good ears?

I am very observant, and have an amazing gift......to notice that I am almost the only one posting here.

I may in fact "be" that tree falling in the forest.....and nobody hears!

I am very observant, and have an amazing gift......to notice that I am almost the only one posting here.

Are you sure there is no sound?

just because i dont speak doesnt mean i dont listen

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    just because i dont speak doesnt mean i dont listen
    My quick assessment....you are a far better person than I, to listen more than you talk. In fact, listening is one of the most valued attributes. Talkers are a dime a dozen, but listeners are invaluable!!!

Using the title as a guide....

Anything goes good with a nice win, and a QB that might be "the one"!!!!!

Sometimes I think we should be more like animals. I mean, we as humans have obvious needs, of health. That's why we have toilets. Nothing wrong with that. It's how we function. And yes, people often shy away from the topic, or giggle when certain things are said, or when mentioned publicly, almost get queasy.

Animals on the other hand, tend to do their business publicly, and just walk on like nothing happened. Why be ashamed? It's life.

Does it ever dawn on you that we humans are attracted to most of what nature brings. Could it be part of our DNA? Almost everyone I know loves mountains and lakes and valleys and green grass and blue skies and starry nights and sparkling rivers and creeks and the aroma that comes from many of those sources....I still think the smell in a forest of pine trees after a rain, or on a warm day, might be my fav. Though I am big on so many others. All in all, nature has so much to offer, and we seem to really connect to it.

So here's the deal folks....lets leave it in good shape. That's the noble thing to do.

Call me a homer, but I luv that Tony Kornheiser, he of Pardon The Interruption and so many other sports gigs, waves the Canadian flag at the end of every show. He doesn't have to do that (they don't need to beg for us to watch), but it still feels good. Thx Tony!!!

Quote Originally Posted by johntbronco View Post
    Are you sure there is no sound?

Hey JT...went right by this one!! My mistake.

But my observation....

Do you think Simon and Garfunkel ever thought about changing their song to "Sound Of Crickets"?

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...B6A&FORM=VIRE0
    Last edited by CanDB; 12-04-2019 at 08:00 AM.