Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Life can get complicated. But at its very essence there are still some very simple, proven, wise approaches to take.....

Get the facts, and draw from experience/common sense. Very simple assessment, but still way up there in the "how to deal with problems" list.

Some days the smartest thing you do is wash your hands a little bit longer.

From my experience.....it shows much more strength/maturity to agree with someone you do not get along with (when you are on the same page), then to only disagree with them.

The Animal crossing.
    Be
    sure
    to
    watch
    the
    credits
    at
    the
    end

Quote Originally Posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
    The Animal crossing.
    Be
    sure
    to
    watch
    the
    credits
    at
    the
    end

What a busy little bridge!!

Growing up in The Great White North, it was pretty much a given that we would play hockey and curl, often on the coldest of nights (luckily in enclosed building!!). Curling was often made fun of by those who did not understand the game, and I 'get' the reasoning. But once you play you will realize it is a game of many skills. It is a wintery sort of game (on ice), but has different skill requirements, including some physics, chess, conditioning (if you are sweeper), good technique, and vision/accuracy of course.

Try it out! If nothing else, we canucks learned the art of socializing after the game!!

Many of us want to be wealthy. But if one is wise with their spending, they can be wealthier than those who have lots of money, but have a lack of control in how they spend.

One can also be wealthier in everything non monetary, and typically those are the best aspects of life.

If a tree falls in the forest...……

shouldn't someone consider moving it aside? (maybe that's what the animals do)

If I can be blunt....

I mean....

Lets be smart, not panic, get the facts, use common sense....and move forward. And if need be, send a message to someone who has a responsibility, and make sure they are doing their job.

We can beat anything.....but we should never beat ourselves.

Kaya Scodelario
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

^^^^^

Interesting....

Garbage has a lingering bad name. But you'd think that the super race that we are, we'd know that food (and other things) and all that goes with it look wonderful in stage one, when we prepare to eat it, but not so wonderful when we finish, throw it out, and dispose. It's like we turn on a good friend, knowing all along what is going to happen!!

Over the decades, I have been accustomed to seeing folks lose (at whatever they are into) but usually offer congratz to their opponent, and even show support. But in these times, and more so in some places, I see a growing trend of losing and being gracious as unrelated outcomes. I prefer the trend reverse itself back to the way it was.

Sometimes when we're minding our own business, things just get in the way. Not exactly what we bargained for, but there will be plenty of good by staying on that correct path.