Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    I am surprised how many of the folks from my generation (and other ones) ended up normal, given the sometimes strange and dark Nursery Rhymes and Fairy Tales we were subjected to. Read through some of them and note the cruelty, injury, evil and so forth. Not even sure what we learned!!!

Ever notice how some people will take the time to try to prove you wrong, but never seem to interact otherwise, even if they probably agree on many things you typically believe....

Sometimes humility can give us some real relief, as we learn to accept what we did not plan for, and help us see our way through it. It's a part of the human condition that is not always sought out, but is a trustworthy ally in rougher times.

These days we are down to a 10 gallon...for now

I have always enjoyed Aquariums be it mine I have had over the years or others.
    Came across these folks who rescue Fish if needed, quite the operation.
    (Sadly the Lady of the house has been in a Hospital for awhile so Josh and his Dad are carrying on.)

A Fish Story

Quote Originally Posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
    I have always enjoyed Aquariums be it mine I have had over the years or others.
    Came across these folks who rescue Fish if needed, quite the operation.
    (Sadly the Lady of the house has been in a Hospital for awhile so Josh and his Dad are carrying on.)

A Fish Story

Very cool!

Looking for something new to kill the time?

We were given a card game called "the game" and it is a lot of fun. 1-5 player game where the idea is to eventually discard all 98 cards into the 4 piles. It's addicting trying to beat it, and (way) more often it will beat you. Even the non game playing people are enjoying this one. Give it a try!

Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Looking for something new to kill the time?

We were given a card game called "the game" and it is a lot of fun. 1-5 player game where the idea is to eventually discard all 98 cards into the 4 piles. It's addicting trying to beat it, and (way) more often it will beat you. Even the non game playing people are enjoying this one. Give it a try!
    thx pal!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    thx pal!
    You bet- The main reason I mentioned it is because I am one of those non gamers.....even I don't feel trapped playing this one.

Every so often the dog gets a tummy ache....at 3 am!!!

Have to take her out for a walk, because she won't go on the balcony...not lately anyway.

Not much happening outside at 3 am....though I'd much rather be in bed.

Not her fault.

I've known a number of folks in my long life who seldom or never admit they were/are wrong (even when the facts verified it).

They thought that was a strength, when in truth, it's a real weakness.

I wish I had heavier weights at home these days. Oh well, quantity works! And his might not happen...

The dynamics of potential spring flooding also incorporate concerns over the "apex". It's a very scientific and complicated formula of ground moisture before winter and the freezing thereof, winter snow, spring rain, melt temperatures, sunlight, wind at key junctures, flow from the south, and more. Having a well designed floodway that reroutes the higher water around the city, is a saviour, but even so, it can not guarantee complete safety. But the innovativeness of folks way back, who had dissenters, often has been the great equalizer in that complicated formula I mention.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I've known a number of folks in my long life who seldom or never admit they were/are wrong (even when the facts verified it).

They thought that was a strength, when in truth, it's a real weakness.
    I think we all know people like that. Some just can't let go. Sometimes it feels like this:

Side note: I'd like to do this to the ants in the house.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

#Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    I think we all know people like that. Some just can't let go. Sometimes it feels like this:

I don't know about you, but I admit I am wrong on average, more often than I like to convey. Maybe just small stuff most of the time, like getting a fact not just right. Sometimes I read something and miss out on a key word, for example. Then again, when you interact a lot (here there and everywhere), you are going to be inaccurate the odd time.

But some of us admit we're wrong more than necessary, while others pass on by....like it's cool to always be right. It's like it's beneath them to be human....when in fact they are tarnishing their image. Not a recommended way to go.

Like I say, we know who they are....they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post

Hate ants in the house. Gave my dogs' bones for the first time in forever over the weekend and one buried it in the back yard, then dug it up and brought in covered in all kinds of ants.... I wish they knew better....

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris