Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I don't know about you, but I admit I am wrong on average, more often than I like to convey. Maybe just small stuff most of the time, like getting a fact not just right. Sometimes I read something and miss out on a key word, for example. Then again, when you interact a lot (here there and everywhere), you are going to be inaccurate the odd time.

But some of us admit we're wrong more than necessary, while others pass on by....like it's cool to always be right. It's like it's beneath them to be human....when in fact they are tarnishing their image. Not a recommended way to go.

Like I say, we know who they are....they don't.
    Maybe they don't think the proof is correct and that's why they don't apologize? I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia23 View Post
    Hate ants in the house. Gave my dogs' bones for the first time in forever over the weekend and one buried it in the back yard, then dug it up and brought in covered in all kinds of ants.... I wish they knew better....
    Maybe he thought he was giving you a gift? Hey, Mom, here's some more pets for you!
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

#Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Maybe they don't think the proof is correct and that's why they don't apologize? I don't know.

Maybe he thought he was giving you a gift? Hey, Mom, here's some more pets for you!
    It's ok....at some point it's a weakness. That's my take. I've seen my share in my travels - business/socially/sports/government/other. They tend to need to be right, but don't do the "wrong" well.

I have a theory that is not exactly my own. That even though we are not advised to eat or drink certain things, when we do indulge, unless it can have serious side effects, the pros outweigh the cons. If you feel good because of it, and it makes you happy for a while, that can sure give you a boost on a less than wonderful day! The good feelings you get may even extend your life, in my opinion, if done responsibly.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post

he's pretty stingy with his gifts... didn't want to give it up for two seconds to have the ants washed off... Much better gift than a dead bird one of my other pups once brought in for me. Dogs are awesome, always thinking of others.

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris

You learn a lot about people in tough times.

I love planning to travel.....I guess I can still plan.

What I have missed most for this time of year is watching our granddaughter easter egg hunt. I just miss her in general... we talked last night on facetime.... that kid always cracks me up. She has a little sister on the way in about two weeks. Super excited for the arrival of granddaughter number 2.

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris

What I have missed most for this time of year is watching our granddaughter easter egg hunt. I just miss her in general... we talked last night on facetime.... that kid always cracks me up. She has a little sister on the way in about two weeks. Super excited for the arrival of granddaughter number 2.
    Yes, the human side of it all. I have posted about my daughter and her American bf, who are very close, having to be apart until the border reopens. I guess there are millions of such examples that you and I mention. Those are the tough ones throughout this period. But the only solace I can offer anyone is that we are lucky that we have such good technology, in that we can actually see and talk to one another. Not so the old days.

Not sure that is good enough compensation, but it's a small lining of silver.

It's been a long, cool, late winter/spring so far....not the weather for going for walks or sitting on the balcony.....

AND I LOVE IT!

Slow melt.....less chance for a flood.

One thing I have relearned these days....I prefer my wife's cookies to almost anything in stores.

I've said it before and maybe in more than one place, but....

HEALTHCARE WORKERS ROCK!!!!!

My wife's birthday is coming soon. Not exactly how it was planned (trip and all), but that can wait. But we are sure going to get messy eating cake, potato chips, big breakfast, her favourite dinner meal (via take out from a good restaurant), and whatever junk we have!! Make the most of this milestone birthday. Junk and all!!

Followed by a number of days of exercise, including stairs and nice walks. And much less junk....

Congrats on granddaughter number 2 !
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

#Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Big Day in this household. There will be cake.

Red 98

Kareem rises to the top