Page 63 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
    I've never witnessed a Broncos team want to lose as badly as this team. They systematically self-destruct almost on a weekly basis.

Did anyone have any doubt they'd find a way to blow a 20 point lead in the 2nd half?

I'm no conspiracist, but it's so bad that, it looks as if their unraveling is planned.

I've found myself saying this on these boards a few times already this season, and I'll say it again: Good teams find ways to win and bad teams find ways to lose.

I thought today's loss (or what I had counted as a loss before the game) would be pretty tolerable, as I expected a fairly lopsided game. But the Broncos like to devise new ways to crush the souls of their fans, give them hope for a win, and then hit the self-destruct button. These are the most painful losses.

I'm not in the mood to analyze the x's & o's as to why the Broncos are in the shape they're in, I've done that at other times. This is a venting post as a fan who hates watching his team poop the bed week after week.

OK, I'm done. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Then he needs to start and I think he did this week. We got 6 more games not reason to sit him

*LJ for M.V.P*
    He hasn't practiced once. Throw him out there now, he is going to play poorly. Then you're going to complain he's a bust without him even getting to practice. It's a foolish idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoyearound View Post
    I disagree why not start him? If the only benefit for starting Allen is to be a safeguard for Lock because we are afraid of his development then we really are doing bad business. There have been several qbs that had to he placed in the fire. Allen Minshew Brissett. You have to get him out there. See if he can play well, scout him now.

Give him something to build off on going into the offseason. We arent making the playoffs and Allen isnt going to be our future but I do feel we need to keep him as backup and if Lock isn't the guy well maybe Allen can be our placeholder until we get a true Qb.

I hate the term...project Qb we've had too many of those...Lock should be ready if his number is called.
    He hasn't practiced. What makes anyone think he can go out and play without practicing? He will fail without practice.

In 2018 through 10 games the Broncos lost six games by an average of 7.8 points. In 2019 through 10 games the Broncos lost seven games by an average of 7.6 points. The team has one more loss this season and the average loss per game is only slightly lower. I donít think this team is playing better than last season. Losing is losing. Objectively, theyíre worse with seven losses through 10 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    Lock shouldn't play this year. He hasn't practiced. He's had no reps. He's built no chemistry with any of our receivers. Bring him in now, how many reps is he going to get? Not many.

We're honestly much better off getting an extended look at Allen. Lock came in as a project. He wasn't going to be ready to start early. That goes double now that he hasn't practiced the first 11 weeks of his career.

Start him at any point this year, all you do is risk Lynching him. Starting a project with minimal reps is setting up for failure. Throw him to the wolves this year, and you risk losing any chance of proper development.
    Lock practiced all last week. 10% of the first team snaps went his way according to Fangio. That's already a ton, even for a QB2, but I'd bet it stands to raise this coming week. The team clearly wants him to play asap, despite what they may say. Lock will likely play the Chargers game, if the Bill's game goes this same way for Allen and the team, that is.

I donít know what people are expecting out of Lock, I want to see him play as much as anybody, but in reality he wonít be any better than Allen at this point.

Allen was making his 2nd ever start and 1st road game against a good team, with a porous oline, rookie TE, and a starting WR making his first start this year. He played good enough to win all things considered.

I get it, Lock needs reps, but you gotta at least give Allen a chance.

It's not an excuse, it's facts. You can't play a rookie QB that hasn't practiced once and expect anything other than failure.
    Again, I'm not sure how you missed it, but it was huge news. Lock practiced all last week and received a much more significant than normal amount of the 1st team snaps.

We will likely see Drew Lock make an appearance to the starting lineup in the month of December.

Once we arrive at 8 losses, there's no reason to not give him a look.

He hasn't practiced once. Throw him out there now, he is going to play poorly. Then you're going to complain he's a bust without him even getting to practice. It's a foolish idea.
    Come on. How can you repeat the same thing so many times and not look it up once?

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/11/1...dent-practice/
    https://1043thefan.com/2084583/excit...ay-of-practice
    https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/l...-bit-better-in
    https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...in-the-making/
    https://www.denverpost.com/2019/11/1...w-lock-return/
    https://mobile.twitter.com/ZacSteven...24109231505408
    https://twitter.com/ZacStevensDNVR/s...313218561?s=20
    https://twitter.com/ZacStevensDNVR/s...092464640?s=20

Whenever the contract talk about CHJ comes up we typically hear, ďWe have to have CHJ, he shuts down every teamís #1 receiver every weekĒ. Today was another example of CHJ failing to deliver. CHJ was playing 5-7 yards off Diggs and was easily beaten. In the TNF game vs KC he was beat badly by Hill, even though Hill had to slow down to wait for the pass by Moore. CHJ is still a good CB, but the talk of shutting down every #1 receiver isnít accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Again, I'm not sure how you missed it, but it was huge news. Lock practiced all last week and received a much more significant than normal amount of the 1st team snaps.
    I must have missed the news. But nonetheless, you can't expect much from one week of practice. He needs at least a couple weeks more of practice, and even then I don't think we could expect great things from a rookie that's missed half the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    I donít know what people are expecting out of Lock, I want to see him play as much as anybody, but in reality he wonít be any better than Allen at this point.

Allen was making his 2nd ever start and 1st road game against a good team, with a porous oline, rookie TE, and a starting WR making his first start this year. He played good enough to win all things considered.

I get it, Lock needs reps, but you gotta at least give Allen a chance.
    What for? What long term benefit does it accomplish? Give Lock meaningful reps we arent going anywhere this season. Hey if Lock shines with all our ineptitude than maybe you have your guy. If he struggles well there is tape for him to look at and learn from. I dont get what you get for starting allen the rest of the season and keeping your Qb who you want to invest in on the sideline.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Whenever the contract talk about CHJ comes up we typically hear, ďWe have to have CHJ, he shuts down every teamís #1 receiver every weekĒ. Today was another example of CHJ failing to deliver. CHJ was playing 5-7 yards off Diggs and was easily beaten. In the TNF game vs KC he was beat badly by Hill, even though Hill had to slow down to wait for the pass by Moore. CHJ is still a good CB, but the talk of shutting down every #1 receiver isnít accurate.
    He still does a damn fine job. Outside of that play Diggs didnít do much against him, maybe one or two short catches, the other big one was against the other Harris if Iím not mistaken. And the TD had as much to do with Kareem Jackson getting sucked into the action in front of him as it did Harris. It looked like Cover 3 and the only time a post should be completed against it is between the CB and S, the only other time itís completed is if the S lets the post route get behind him as it did on that play.

I must have missed the news. But nonetheless, you can't expect much from one week of practice. He needs at least a couple weeks more of practice, and even then I don't think we could expect great things from a rookie that's missed half the season.
    It's not about that. It's good evaluation. We could field a good team next year let's say Lock wins the job. At least he won't be in his first nfl start he would be ready to go. Instead of learning on the go and wasting some games while he gets it down. Do it now in a lost season.

I must have missed the news. But nonetheless, you camt expect much from one weeknof practice. He needs at least a couple weeks more of practice, and even then I don't think we couod expect great things from a rookie that's missed half the season.
    Whoís said they expect great things, or wins for that matter? Where are you getting that narrative? The point is to get reps, activate him within the three week window and get game experience in 2019. Game experience will help him learn what to build on for 2020 and/or help the Broncos consider whether or not to draft another quarterback.