• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dolphinsneu
    Bench Warmer
    • Mar 2016

Denver @ Minn!!!

The Monday game reminded me of a game in 2006 Between SF and Den, after which we tragically lost Darrent Williams.

A tie would have gotten the Broncos in the playoffs. A loss would put the Chiefs in.

The Broncos had the ball in overtime, and a chance to run the clock out and get a tie.

Mike Shannahan chose to play aggressively, and the 49ers ended up kicking a field goal to, leave them, as the cbs.sportsline.com glogger said, "Dancing in Kansas City."

Is my memory right on this?

The other reason I remember it is because it is one of the few times I have rooted against Miami. Miami was playing Indy and if they won, Indy would be the 4 seed, and NE the 3 seed. Because Miami lost that game, the AFC title game was played in Indy that year.

On the topic of the MNF game, I would not have thrown two passes. I would called a draw play on one of the first two plays. If it worked, then I would have opened it up. If not, I would have just run out the clock and taken the tie.

I think it's an interesting question to ask football fans: How would have you have played it in that situation?
    Last edited by dolphinsneu; 11-13-2019, 10:12 PM.
  • broncolee
    Football Immortal
    • Jan 2007

A tie is better than a loss.
    Stop Feeding The Trolls, Please!!!!!

Comment

• Rich_C
      Captain
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by dolphinsneu View Post
      The Monday game reminded me of a game in 2006 Between SF and Den, after which we tragically lost Darrent Williams.

A tie would have gotten the Broncos in the playoffs. A loss would put the Chiefs in.

The Broncos had the ball in overtime, and a chance to run the clock out and get a tie.

Mike Shannahan chose to play aggressively, and the 49ers ended up kicking a field goal to, leave them, as the cbs.sportsline.com glogger said, "Dancing in Kansas City."

The other reason I remember it is because it is one of the few times I have rooted against Miami. Miami was playing Indy and if they won, Indy would be the 4 seed, and NE the 3 seed. Because Miami lost that game, the AFC title game was played in Indy that year.

On the topic of the MNF game, I would not have thrown two passes. I would called a draw play on one of the first two plays. If it worked, then I would have opened it up. If not, I would have just run out the clock and taken the tie.

I think it's an interesting question to ask football fans: How would have you have played it in that situation?
      This is a VERY loaded question. FOr my answer I'd revert back to the Dallas game. WHen you look at that game you see that the Cowgirls were moving the ball fairly well via the air attack but were getting killed on the ground. SO the question is IF your offense was doing a good job then you go for the win. IF they were struggling a bit or at all then you need to look at the bigger picture. Your record currently has you 2 games ahead of everyone in the division. A lass puts everyone within 1. A tie keeps everyone two games back, especially since one of the teams who is chasing you is the one you're playing. SO unless you straight up win - or you basically KNOW you can. TAKE THE TIE!

Comment

• Hadez
        Football Immortal
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by dolphinsneu View Post

The Denver game you were talking about was essentially two teams that seemed neither were playing good enough to win from what I remember.

The MNF we just watched was two good teams both making great plays in order to try and win. Both making plays on offense and defense.

I do not think the two games had anything in common.
        What is Grit? - Angela Duckworth
        effort x talent = skill
        effort x skill = achievement
        How much time do you invest into your dream? 10 hours a week? 20 hours? 40 hours? 80 hours? 120 hours?

Comment

• Wolphman007
          Practice Squad
          • Jan 2006

Denver @ Minn!!! Where to watch in Los Angeles

DEN @ MINN 10am PST

Game day and you need to watch your Denver Broncos but don't know where to watch with your fellow Bronco fans?

If you live in the Los Angeles area here are a couple spots (please let me know of any others):
          Hollywood - Jamesons Irish Pub: Home of Broncos Country Hollywood and a great LA fanbase! On Hollywood blvd right in the heart of Hollywood! Great crowd each week, great drink and food specials just for the Bronco fans! One whole side of the place just for us and loud audio for the Bronco games. We bring the noise with the traditional Mile High Chats and a couple we've come up with on our own

Culver City - Rush Street bar and grill: Very big bar/restaurant, two stories and outside roof patio with tv's. Lot's of TV's all around, audio for the games and awesome food!!

Marina Del Rey - Brennans: Home of the Turtle races!! One of the original Bronco bars in Los Angeles. Go see Cynthia and the crowd. Serving up your standard bar fair and libations.

Come out and cheer on your Denver Broncos!!!

#BroncosCountryHollywood
          #BroncoGang

Comment

• DenverBlood
            Football Immortal
            • Nov 2005

That’s awesome. I wish i had a place like that here in Alabama. For now I stick to NFL Sunday ticket.

Wish i had the nerve to take the risk to start my own bar like that. But I never see many Broncos fans at the restaurants in town that have Sunday ticket. So I don’t even think a Broncos bar could garner interest here.
            sigpic

Comment

• Sam_Z
              Banned User
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
              That’s awesome. I wish i had a place like that here in Alabama. For now I stick to NFL Sunday ticket.

Wish i had the nerve to take the risk to start my own bar like that. But I never see many Broncos fans at the restaurants in town that have Sunday ticket. So I don’t even think a Broncos bar could garner interest here.
              You never know! I know Denver and the surrounding communities are probably a lot bigger than the town you are in but in places like Littleton and Golden there are actually Chicago bears bars, green bay packer bars. There’s even an Arizona Cardinals bar here in Lakewood. LOL

Comment

• dizzolve
                Orange Rush
                • Mar 2009

It's time to revamp the entire kicking roster

Wadman............ I'm not even going to go into his issues. we all have seen them. NFL punters don't shank at the rate this guy does. Sorry Wadman, but we're used to GOOD kickers in Denver.

We're losing games because of these guys

McManus is no longer a clutch kicker. A little pressure and it's a miss no matter how close it is. I'm tired of it and I've lost all confidence in both kickers.

Meanwhile Matt Prater is -if anything- better than he was when he was pushed out of Denver by John Elway. And he was great then.

These are the kinds of issues coaches don't need to have to worry about. Personnel Dept needs to find quality kickers and be done with it.

As far as I'm concerned, McManus was just as big a contributor in the big loss as anyone
                The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• dizzolve
                  Orange Rush
                  • Mar 2009

When I think back to the Tebow season. Our kicking game was solid and was a huge factor in winning those close comeback wins.

So while we were trying to find a QB at the time, we were able to lean on the ST and Defense.

We really could use that kind of consistency in kicking. It's worth the extra little salary the good ones cost. Seems like Elway was trying to save money on Colquitt and Prater which in the grand scheme of things isn't that much of the cap. Yet is so huge to a team's peace of mind and success.

A punter who can help us play the field position game ............. I mean right now -- it's nonexistent.

A FG kicker who can kick clutch under pressure kicks ........... and even regular kicks -- is no longer a Bronco

Comment

• EddieMac
                    Canuck Mod, eh!
                    • Feb 2004

I’ll defend Prater being let go when he was...

He a sip of liquor away from a long suspension...

He was the second highest paid kicker and both thomas needed re-upping... ( potentially)

He hadn’t kicked a clutch kick in a long time prior

He was having a stinky pre-season.

Prater was looking good back then too..,,

But ya. He has turned it around in the years since..
                    sigpic

Comment

• Peerless
                      Football Immortal
                      • May 2004

I was worried about MacManus early on when he was missing easy extra points.

Comment

• beastlyskronk
                        Football Immortal
                        • Jun 2007

McManus just needs to stick with the fundamentals, not sure why he decided to go with the narrow stance on a 43 yard kick, shouldn’t be a huge threat of a block.

But Wadman is garbage, he has got to go. I’m shocked he made it to year 2.

Comment

• dizzolve
                          Orange Rush
                          • Mar 2009

I wanted to believe in McManus getting over his misses, but at some point confidence is lost. I'm to that point. And Wadman is obviously a liability

Comment

• tgn
                            Practice Squad
                            • Sep 2004

tight end run play

was it me , or did i see 3 times today the same tight-end-running-across-the-formation run play that we ran on the first play of the reason? none of them worked. what's with the obsession.

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
                              team preacher
                              • Mar 2008

I don’t know, but they need to quit running it. They’ve run it about 5 times this year with Fant and I don’t think it’s gained positive yardage yet.
                              sigpic
                              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Working...
                              X