Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vic Fangio “very unpleasant” Jason La Confora

Posting here because there’s always going to be that nasty attacking response from someone with narrow minded thinking that ruins the convo in GD

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/b...mpression=true
    Bradley Chubb has an Aaron Donald type ability to disrupt and wreck games!

Vic Fangio struggling to connect with players and coaches

was browsing through twitter this morning and came across this gem of a read, enjoy!

Broncos coach Vic Fangio has been having a difficult time connecting with players and coaches in his first season in Denver, with his often gruff demeanor rubbing many the wrong way and creating internal tension within the team, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the situation.

Fangio, long considered one of the elite defensive minds in football and a highly-successful coordinator, is a head coach for the first time at age 61, and that transition has been rough, the sources said. His defense has been strong, but the team sits at 3-6, and there has been plenty of internal strife.

Fangio has had issues with offensive assistants, the sources said, and at one point top receiver Emmanuel Sanders in essence walked out on the team, leading to his eventual trade. Lines of communication have been strained, and Fangio has been quick to dispute play calls and come across as overbearing on the headsets, sources said, which has created issues in-game and otherwise.

"There is a negative reaction to almost every offensive play call," said one source with knowledge of the situation.

Other sources noted a disconnect between the offense and defense as well, with Fangio's "people skills," in their minds, lacking. There is almost no discussion beyond football, sources said, and that, coupled with some staff and personnel issues as well as lingering angst over an eventual sale of this franchise, has created a difficult climate around the team.

"Pretty much everyone gets treated like (crap)," said one source with knowledge of the situation, "but if anything I think it's brought the (coaches) on offense closer together."

There were questions as to how well veteran quarterback Joe Flacco fit the offense at this stage of his career, as he lacks mobility, was stuck behind a poor pass-protecting line and unable to operate with a moving pocket and the boots and waggles emphasized in the offense. First-time starter Brandon Allen executed more of those staples last week with Flacco out for the season.

General manager John Elway, who has churned through coaches since taking over, is under increasing pressure in recent years with drafts, trades and free-agent signings often not panning out. Denver could be headed to its third straight losing season, something that has happened only once since the move from the AFL to the NFL in 1970 (1970-73).

The Flacco trade was a bust, recent first-round pick Garret Bolles has been woeful at tackle and the free-agent signing of Ja'Wuan James at the other tackle spot has been roundly panned this season as well. Elway's difficultly identifying quarterbacks and offensive linemen in particular has set the franchise back. Elway and team president Joe Ellis essentially have autonomy to run the club as it operates within the trust set up by late owner Pat Bowlen, though by 2021 some league and ownership sources believe this team could be positioned for sale pending the various lawsuits it is facing from Bowlen's heirs
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/b...son-in-denver/

bolded the important part. of course the homers around here would defend elway to their last dying breath but dude simply can't figure anything out. can't figure out his coaching staff, can't figure out how to bring in even a mediocre starting QB, muffs on draft picks. it's as if elway isn't as good of a GM as everyone thought and manning made him look better than he actually is.

elway's current coaching staff causing "internal strife" you say? yes, more of that please!
    Last edited by baphamet; 11-17-2019 at 09:34 AM.

damn you beat me to it

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Posting here because there’s always going to be that nasty attacking response from someone with narrow minded thinking that ruins the convo in GD

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/b...mpression=true
    Not a good sign, but losing creates tension in every locker room. I just hope this doesn't become some narrative that might effect our FA interest with offensive players in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Not a good sign, but losing creates tension in every locker room. I just hope this doesn't become some narrative that might effect our FA interest with offensive players in the future.
    to be fair, that's very true. but after 4 years of this isn't it time to start holding people accountable? the broncos are starting to look like the browns, always a new coaching staff that look inept, yearly QB turntable, losing year after losing year. don't get me wrong i'm all for it, i'm just saying!

Denver are 3-6 because they lack talent on offense (and partly due to 2 blown calls), no matter who the coach is. The D has been really good. We are a classic example of a team who does have talent on the roster but lacks a QB and the OL is not great. Like a lot of teams if we can find the QB then things will fall into place, although that is hard to do. Hopefully Lock pans out.

I don't think the Chargers are in a position to gloat though. You were one of our 3 wins, and actually have a pro bowl QB but have completely wasted his career by failing to surround him with a competent OL and not giving him as much surrounding talent as you should of. He always seems to be carrying the team way too much season after season.

Get this I heard that Jason La Conforas source is Joe Flacco, also heard that when we all thought Joe Flacco was criticizing Scangarello, he was actually criticizing Fangio for interfering and overruling offensive play calling.

Call Flacco bitter all you want but at least he’s attempting to testify to the truth.

Also heard there is been a similar disconnect between Mike Manchak and Rich Scangarello.

Completely two different styles, Manchak is the best at what he does in a power blocking scheme. however he’s forced to run a zone blocking scheme and is very dissatisfied in Denver right now.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Denver are 3-6 because they lack talent on offense (and partly due to 2 blown calls), no matter who the coach is. The D has been really good. We are a classic example of a team who does have talent on the roster but lacks a QB and the OL is not great. Like a lot of teams if we can find the QB then things will fall into place, although that is hard to do. Hopefully Lock pans out.

I don't think the Chargers are in a position to gloat though. You were one of our 3 wins, and actually have a pro bowl QB but have completely wasted his career by failing to surround him with a competent OL and not giving him as much surrounding talent as you should of. He always seems to be carrying the team way too much season after season.
    the chargers OL has been a failure for sure but he has lots of talent around him, more than he ever has except for maybe 2006. the broncos defense always plays us tough, they do have a good defense still.

Get this I heard that Jason La Conforas source is Joe Flacco, also heard that when we all thought Joe Flacco was criticizing Scangarello, he was actually criticizing Fangio for interfering and overruling offensive play calling.

Call Flacco bitter all you want but at least he’s attempting to testify to the truth.

Also heard there is been a similar disconnect between Mike Manchak and Rich Scangarello.

Completely two different styles, Manchak is the best at what he does in a power blocking scheme. however he’s forced to run a zone blocking scheme and is very dissatisfied in Denver right now.
    Its so hard to know the truth without being there. With the D having a really good season and the O being pretty awful and costing us games its only natural for there to be some disconnect IMO

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    the chargers OL has been a failure for sure but he has lots of talent around him, more than he ever has except for maybe 2006. the broncos defense always plays us tough, they do have a good defense still.
    I like Henry, and KA is a good number 2 receiver but there is not a lot else that will scare a D and it seems that way every year. Gordon coming back helps but I just don't see the targets.

I would argue that at the start of the season the Broncos with - Lindsay, Sanders, Sutton, and Fant - had more talent on offense (at skill positions) then the Chargers and we all know that our offense is pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Its so hard to know the truth without being there. With the D having a really good season and the O being pretty awful and costing us games its only natural for there to be some disconnect IMO
    This is true! The bad thing is that it seems to be a trend in Denver because disconnects and behind the scene controversy seems to be the norm here in Denver now, at least for the last 3-4 seasons.

This is true! The bad thing is that it seems to be a trend in Denver because disconnects and behind the scene controversy seems to be the norm here in Denver now, at least for the last 3-4 seasons.
    Yep. I have to admit that as much as I like Elway he is a big problem and does not seem to be held accountable. I thought he did a brilliant job when PM was here to put together such a dominant D that went on to win the SB, although having PM certainly helped attract some of that talent.

Since PM retired there was always going to be a rebuild phase but he seems to miss on too many draft picks, makes too many bad FA signings, and I hate it when he says we are not re-building but trying to win now. While that may sound admirable the truth is that until we properly commit to a full rebuild we will keep chugging along with 5-6 wins a season and going nowhere.

Being completely impartial and neutral I think JE has been one of the worst GM's over the last 3-4 years.

to be fair, that's very true. but after 4 years of this isn't it time to start holding people accountable? the broncos are starting to look like the browns, always a new coaching staff that look inept, yearly QB turntable, losing year after losing year. don't get me wrong i'm all for it, i'm just saying!

People have been held accountable we have gone through coaches, QBs, etc. It's not ideal but it happens with every franchise. What doesn't happen with every franchise is winning SBs. Our fan base holds our team to higher standards and the main reason for that is John Elway.

Right now he is his worst enemy. He created the expectations of success and hes fallen short the past few years. I for one think we have some nice pieces in place so I expect the storyline to change soon.

was browsing through twitter this morning and came across this gem of a read, enjoy!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/b...son-in-denver/

bolded the important part. of course the homers around here would defend elway to their last dying breath but dude simply can't figure anything out. can't figure out his coaching staff, can't figure out how to bring in even a mediocre starting QB, muffs on draft picks. it's as if elway isn't as good of a GM as everyone thought and manning made him look better than he actually is.

elway's current coaching staff causing "internal strife" you say? yes, more of that please!
    Jason lacanfora

Lmao!! The guy who’s lost all his major Tv jobs

That guy

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Jason lacanfora

Lmao!! The guy who’s lost all his major Tv jobs

That guy
    You laugh so you don’t cry, We all get it.

Yet if I said Elway was dictating things again but if Confora contradicted the statement, you’d go quote his article so just close it already.

Again you laugh so you don’t cry!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 11-17-2019 at 03:23 PM.