Fangio having trouble connecting with coaches & players...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mojo0730
    Football Immortal
    • Oct 2006

Fangio having trouble connecting with coaches & players...?

This has Rich Scangarello's name written all over it...
    sigpic
  • fraguela09
    Byner of Buckner?
    • Oct 2006

Most of the coaches and players stink anyway.... so either listen to your HC or leave.

Comment

• mojo0730
      Football Immortal
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
      Most of the coaches and players stink anyway.... so either listen to your HC or leave.
      Pretty much my feelings about it.
      sigpic

Comment

• johnlimburg
        Ring of Famer
        • Sep 2009

Scrangerello wasn't qualified for the job in the first place, and I don't see any improvement in terms of his feel for the game and the reactionary play-calling he comes up with. I dislike coaches who force their scheme on their players and fail to adapt, and that was on full display with a lot of the concepts Scrangerello asked Flacco to do. I just don't understand the tight-end runs, the draws on 3rd down, the lack of commitment to the run game week in and week out, it just feels messy. I don't want to hear that he has a rookie quarterback playing, Allen proved that he can move the ball with his arm when trusted, I just think this offensive coaching staff is bad. It also doesn't help the talent they are working with up front isn't the greatest, but the coaching staff isn't doing the guys any favours in my opinion. I hate firing coaches but Scrangerello isn't convincing me he deserves to be kept around.

Comment

• fraguela09
          Byner of Buckner?
          • Oct 2006

Scang is typical of his generation... He’s in love with his own ideas and feels the world should afford him the respect he imagines he deserves. He doesn’t want to actually earn it, but wants to hit ground running with everyone kneeling to his greatness.

Meanwhile, his ego won’t accept submission, especially to an older fart. Experience is meaningless bc only Scang knows what is truly valuable.

Give me a break. So what... Fangio yelled and me and won’t praise me. Boo freaking who.

Comment

• beastlyskronk
            Football Immortal
            • Jun 2007

I have a hard time believing this article as it means the players and coaches are basically admitting to being soft and can’t handle criticism. They want Vic to ask them how their family is doing before telling them what to do? Sounds ridiculous. Sure there’s definitely tension that’s what happens when you’re losing and losing the way that we have lost

Comment

• elway7777
              Captain
              • Sep 2008

Get off Scangarello already. He's not doing bad. Refs cost us this game. We were supposed to get blown out by the Vikings. Both, Scang and Vic, are legit and doing miracles with this young team. Vic is exactly what this team needs. I'm glad he's Not operating a country club like Vance did. Our young team is going through what most young teams do. I bet we win 70-80% of the close games we are losing this year. Have patience. We are trending in the right direction. We just drubbed a really good team for 3/4 of the game.

Comment

• mojo0730
                Football Immortal
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by elway7777 View Post
                Get off Scangarello already. He's not doing bad. Refs cost us this game. We were supposed to get blown out by the Vikings. Both, Scang and Vic, are legit and doing miracles with this young team. Vic is exactly what this team needs. I'm glad he's Not operating a country club like Vance did. Our young team is going through what most young teams do. I bet we win 70-80% of the close games we are losing this year. Have patience. We are trending in the right direction. We just drubbed a really good team for 3/4 of the game.
                I think the criticism of Scangarello is the feeling the source(s) of the article is him, friend. Not that he is or isn't doing a bad job (which is an entirely different conversation).
                sigpic

Comment

• TheAsianPA
                  Captain
                  • Oct 2015

Been hearing this isn't truly confirmed.
                  Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• mojo0730
                    Football Immortal
                    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                    Been hearing this isn't truly confirmed.
                    Well I have to believe someone on the Broncos side told La Canfora this (true, false, or a matter of perspective), and it's clear it's an offensive coach. La Canfora wouldn't have made this up.
                    sigpic

Comment

• BroncoDrej
                      Hall of Famer
                      • Oct 2013

Game is on the defense. They let Minnesota score 27 points in the 2nd half.

Comment

• jflee66
                        Bench Warmer
                        • Dec 2017

Originally posted by elway7777 View Post
                        Agree, this team is on the rise. Just about any team in the league would be 500 with this schedule. Nobody likes losing and the way were losing is disappointing. We need continuity now and a pillar for a coach. First year OC needs time to learn. If we keep changing when questions arise, then it will be a coaching turnstile year after year. Get the Off. a QB and we'll be PO contenders.

Comment

• Dotst
                          Special Teams
                          • Nov 2015

I was harping on Scang after awhile and I have to agree this offense is looking better with Allen than Flacco. Is it the better play calling or is it because Allen isnt a statue? Probably both. But this game was not on Scang. The defense giving up all those TDs did NOT help us win that game. If we go prevent defense to start the 3rd quarter, we win this game. Who cares if they get TDs as long as it takes them 5-6 minutes per possession. Double Diggs with a safety over the top of him and we win no issues

Comment

• broncolee
                            Football Immortal
                            • Jan 2007

Maybe this is why Fangio took 40 years before getting a head coaching job, if the story is accurate.
                            Stop Feeding The Trolls, Please!!!!!

Comment

• Jonny_Quest
                              Playmaker
                              • Dec 2010

I think in some ways this could be the perfect season.

The team is getting better every week, and our young talent is developing quickly. We're losing a lot of games because of bad calls, and a few unlucky breaks. Kind of hoping this continues, and we end up picking in the top 5 every round. A third good draft, and another full offseason of this coaching staff's focus on fundamentals and teaching, and we could be a breakout team in 2020.

Comment

Working...
                              X