Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 87
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    6,564
    McCoy was fired because he kept calling plays from his ginormous playbook that they never walked through or practiced, and nobody knew what the hell to do.

    A bunch of players and Scangarello have come out and said La Canfora's report is completely false, and La Canfora has failed to name any sources.

    Scangarello is new, with arguably a worse Oline than McCoy had, QBs are a wash, rookie or always injured tight ends.

    I still say we're tanking, and the 4 games we gave up leads in the 4th quarter of were intentional. Nobody wants to admit, or thinks it's bad etc. We'd be 7-3 if we won those games. The players aren't rebelling, the coaches aren't rebelling, everything seems pretty calm for as bad of a season as it's been.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    482
    Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    McCoy was fired because he kept calling plays from his ginormous playbook that they never walked through or practiced, and nobody knew what the hell to do.

    A bunch of players and Scangarello have come out and said La Canfora's report is completely false, and La Canfora has failed to name any sources.

    Scangarello is new, with arguably a worse Oline than McCoy had, QBs are a wash, rookie or always injured tight ends.

    I still say we're tanking, and the 4 games we gave up leads in the 4th quarter of were intentional. Nobody wants to admit, or thinks it's bad etc. We'd be 7-3 if we won those games. The players aren't rebelling, the coaches aren't rebelling, everything seems pretty calm for as bad of a season as it's been.
    I think it's a stretch to say we're intentionally tanking. The 3 games we lost with a last second FG were helped by penalties. Not like Fangio slipped the refs a $20 and told them to call a penalty. And the Vikings game we just blew. I'd very much the DC told the defense to quit in the 4th quarter.

    These players are giving their all. They're trying to win. Unfortunately, we just aren't making the plays we need to make in close games.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Red 98 - Red 98
    Posts
    15,201

    Fangio having trouble connecting with coaches & players...?

    From the outside looking in I just don't see it. And from what the players are saying ....... that story was wrong. Probably a guy or 2 like Emmanuel Sanders who was disgruntled and gone who now sees talking junk as .......no longer effecting him negatively.

    I remember when he was traded I said in a post on these boards, 'I wonder if Sanders ends up spilling the beans with the way things are really going around here'. If anyone of the players said anything it was likely Sanders.

    I think Vic is a easy going personality in general that probably does get uncompromising during game day for a lack of better words. I believe Elway was looking for a guy who could not only get the job done but who could work well with Elway himself. Elway likes the guy if you ask me ................ like I always say though ....... I can only surmise how things really are because I am far removed from those relationships.
    Red 98

    Kareem rises to the top

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,576
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...in-denver/amp/

    This has Rich Scangarello's name written all over it...
    the mans 61 years old.

    With all the young bucks in the league of course theres going to be a disconnect. This is why guys like Philips/Turner/Schottenheimer/Mike Shanahan just dont work at HC in the NFL now.

    Its a youth movement and these older coaches work best as consultants or coordinator rolls. The players just dont connect with theses coaches.

    Bottom line this is ELWAYS fault. Kyle Shanahan was available for the picking and was the hottest coach at the time.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,804
    Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    the mans 61 years old.

    With all the young bucks in the league of course theres going to be a disconnect. This is why guys like Philips/Turner/Schottenheimer/Mike Shanahan just dont work at HC in the NFL now.

    Its a youth movement and these older coaches work best as consultants or coordinator rolls. The players just dont connect with theses coaches.

    Bottom line this is ELWAYS fault. Kyle Shanahan was available for the picking and was the hottest coach at the time.
    The ability to build relationships and connect with people isnít dependent on age. Wade Phillips had great relationships with the players when he was in Denver. Relationships are developed in different ways.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    8,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    The ability to build relationships and connect with people isnít dependent on age. Wade Phillips had great relationships with the players when he was in Denver. Relationships are developed in different ways.
    I think his point is that itís different when itís a head coach vs a coordinator.

    Wade as a head coach was mediocre. The same goes for Norv Turner and Romeo Crennell. These guys are top notch as coordinators. They are not good head coaches.

    This is what makes it a bit frustrating when people try to say Fangio is a good head coach or even a better one than VJ. They use the defensive improvement as their excuse. All heís really proved, so far, is that heís a better coordinator.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    16,238
    Pete Carrol is older than all those guys. Fantaztic7 is right

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,804
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    I think his point is that itís different when itís a head coach vs a coordinator.

    Wade as a head coach was mediocre. The same goes for Norv Turner and Romeo Crennell. These guys are top notch as coordinators. They are not good head coaches.

    This is what makes it a bit frustrating when people try to say Fangio is a good head coach or even a better one than VJ. They use the defensive improvement as their excuse. All heís really proved, so far, is that heís a better coordinator.
    Pete Carroll builds strong relationships with players and heís 68 years old. He was a coordinator and made the transition to head coach. I donít buy the argument that older coaches canít connect with players.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,804
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Pete Carrol is older than all those guys. Fantaztic7 is right
    Haha you beat me to the post! Nice job!!!

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    8,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Pete Carroll builds strong relationships with players and heís 68 years old. He was a coordinator and made the transition to head coach. I donít buy the argument that older coaches canít connect with players.
    I wasnít arguing against your point. I was just pointing out that the other poster seemed to making the point that thereís a difference between someone being a coordinator vs that same person being the head coach.

    Coaches certainly canít use age as an excuse. At the same time, Carroll might be the exception, not the rule. If heís the only one we can point to as a near 70 year old man being able to relate to young players, there might be an argument for getting younger coaches.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,804
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    I wasnít arguing against your point. I was just pointing out that the other poster seemed to making the point that thereís a difference between someone being a coordinator vs that same person being the head coach.

    Coaches certainly canít use age as an excuse. At the same time, Carroll might be the exception, not the rule. If heís the only one we can point to as a near 70 year old man being able to relate to young players, there might be an argument for getting younger coaches.
    An argument for hiring coaches based on age has no merit. Bill Belichick is 67 and believes in building long term relationships based on mutual respect and trust. Bruce Arians is 67 and seems comfortable building relationships. While not nearly as successful as Belichick heís had success as a head coach. Mike Zimmer is 63 and heís had success as a head coach.

    Hiring young coaches seems to be trendy with a lot of fans. Being young, older or somewhere in between doesnít matter. Being able to coach effectively is the main thing.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    19,465
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    I wasnít arguing against your point. I was just pointing out that the other poster seemed to making the point that thereís a difference between someone being a coordinator vs that same person being the head coach.

    Coaches certainly canít use age as an excuse. At the same time, Carroll might be the exception, not the rule. If heís the only one we can point to as a near 70 year old man being able to relate to young players, there might be an argument for getting younger coaches.
    Bill Belichick? Iíd say so.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Pete Carroll builds strong relationships with players and he’s 68 years old. He was a coordinator and made the transition to head coach. I don’t buy the argument that older coaches can’t connect with players.
    Does Pete act anything like grandpa Fangio?

    Fangio eats dinner at 330 and in bed by 800 while Petes out all night getting sloppy with the boys.

    Are you seeing the disconnect? Petes a wild card since he feels and acts like hes still in his prime.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,804
    Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Does Pete act anything like grandpa Fangio?

    Fangio eats dinner at 330 and in bed by 800 while Petes out all night getting sloppy with the boys.

    Are you seeing the disconnect? Petes a wild card since he feels and acts like hes still in his prime.
    I wasnít comparing Pete Carroll to Vic Fangio. A point was made about older coaches not being able to connect with young players. People connect and build relationships in various ways. Carroll, Belichick, Arians and Zimmer to name a few are older and theyíve been successful coaching young players.

    I donít know whatís true or not from the article. Sounds like growing pains with a team struggling to win games.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,669
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoDrej View Post
    Game is on the defense. They let Minnesota score 27 points in the 2nd half.
    How many points did the Broncos put up in the 2nd half?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •