tight end run play

was it me , or did i see 3 times today the same tight-end-running-across-the-formation run play that we ran on the first play of the reason? none of them worked. what's with the obsession.

I donít know, but they need to quit running it. Theyíve run it about 5 times this year with Fant and I donít think itís gained positive yardage yet.

if your line can not block, why would you run across it from side to side and expect the whole thing to hold up? have to run downhill so you have one spot to block at. This will never work without a better o-line.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I don’t know, but they need to quit running it. They’ve run it about 5 times this year with Fant and I don’t think it’s gained positive yardage yet.
    Yep. Pull that page out off the play book and burn it.

Quote Originally Posted by tgn View Post
    was it me , or did i see 3 times today the same tight-end-running-across-the-formation run play that we ran on the first play of the reason? none of them worked. what's with the obsession.
    They tried it twice yesterday, which makes it three times on the season. It's gone for -12 yards on those three attempts, and lost yardage each time they've called it.

There was a similar looking play early in the game, but that one counted as a pass play as it was a shovel pass to Fant. It gained yards, but not enough for the first.

One things is for certain - the end arounds to Fant need to stop.

I like the idea of getting the ball to your playmakers and causing mismatches but there are better ways

Khalfani Muhammad with his blazing speed makes sense
    for that type of play, but a less agile TE makes less sense.