Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Last play of the game, how was that not pass interference?

Look at the last play of the game again, Kearse has ahold of Fant's jersey and yanks him down to the ground, can someone please explain to me how that was NOT pass interference??

The real travesty was the penultimate play of the game, in which Tim Patrick was mugged during his attempt to bring in the pass. Fant blatantly pushed off on the last play, and easily could've been OPI if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Fan View Post
    Look at the last play of the game again, Kearse has ahold of Fant's jersey and yanks him down to the ground, can someone please explain to me how that was NOT pass interference??
    As ABQ said Fant pushed off first so at that point I think they just let it play out.

It’s wasn’t pass interference. Even with a review, Fant pushed off, defender grabbed jersey and Allen threw the ball so damn hard and early no one could catch it.

I thought the PI was on that first down play. CB Kearse actually tugged down on WR’s facemask. Ten times more hold then what they called on our TE drive before.

The Broncos got more plays than they should have at the end. They were running out of time when Zimmerman called an inexplicable timeout. We don’t need to be complaining about non calls that wouldn’t have been overturned anyway. We need to be asking why Fangio doesn’t have better time management skills. Zimmerman bailed him out with that timeout.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Exactly. We had first and goal last game and three ball 3 times and had to settle for a FG.... we get down inside 10 and ran 4 plays and got nada...

RZ offense and 4th Q defense is why we are 3-7 instead of 8-2.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    The Broncos got more plays than they should have at the end. They were running out of time when Zimmerman called an inexplicable timeout. We don’t need to be complaining about non calls that wouldn’t have been overturned anyway. We need to be asking why Fangio doesn’t have better time management skills. Zimmerman bailed him out with that timeout.
    Fangio had to use the last timeout on 4th down. There was confusion on the play so that was a good decision. If you don’t get that play right it’s game over, so that was a good timeout. On the designed run Allen should have gone out of bounds. There was plenty of time for four plays if he just got out of bounds. That was a good timeout by Zimmerman. He wanted to get his defense set.

Clock management wasn’t the issue at the end. Confusion with the play called on 4th down was the issue. After the timeout Allen made a great play but needed to get out of bounds. He needed to be aware of the situation. Run out and they’ve got ~28 seconds left, more than enough for 4 plays.

It was a blatant push off by Fant, should of been offensive pass interference if anything. Refs allowing guys to jockey a bit like that on 50-50 balls is fine by me, as long as it's called consistently both ways, and we have no basis to argue officiating cost us there, none.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    It was a blatant push off by Fant, should of been offensive pass interference if anything. Refs allowing guys to jockey a bit like that on 50-50 balls is fine by me, as long as it's called consistently both ways, and we have no basis to argue officiating cost us there, none.
    I disagree, I think Patrick catches the TD as his hands were in good position but raking his face mask forced his eyes of the ball

Patrick play was clearly a face mask grab, just like the defensive holding tug that was
    missed on the Fangio challenge.

That was the first down play, and it clearly should’ve been called (bc they just called a phantom off holding call on DEN moments prior).

So, there was a penalty on MIN on 1st and Goal, but not in the final play.

I think, if anything, they could’ve flagged Fant for pushing off, and you know refs would’ve if we catch that ball...

I was referring to the "last play of the game" as the thread title was discussing. I personally don't like 50-50 balls like that on game ending situations, fourth down attempts, etc. I would prefer to see a quarterback sit in the pocket and play what is in front of him, try to get a sight throw or improvise if nothing is there. I noticed on the final play as well, 3 of the 5 routes you could see run on the broadcast angle were all short of the end zone anyway. Regardless, Allen rushed that final throw and Fant had little to no chance at making a play, but a pre-determined passing play like that is something I am not a fan of on a walk off play.

Really though, does it matter? This team is setting records for ineptitude: 3 games without a sack or turnover, allowing 20+ point comeback in second half, allowing TD's on 4 straight drives in the second half. They did not deserve to win this game.

If McManus wouldn’t have shanked the FG a little earlier we wouldn’t have needed the TD

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    If McManus wouldn’t have shanked the FG a little earlier we wouldn’t have needed the TD
    Very true! And if they didn't lose that challenge they would've had another time out left to use and settle things down. But that's how they are going, they are close but no cigar, lots of "what if's" and "should've, could've, would'ves" this season that have them snake bitten, and even though they are close it still ends up as a loss, AGAIN.....

I watched that play again and I do now see that Fant pushed off first.