Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    After rewinding the play 3 times, both teams committed a foul so a no call is ok. I know this is off topic but why don't we try at least 1 time to force the ball to Sutton on the last 3 plays of the game?

And I know he was trying for the touchdown at the end but it's too bad that Allen didn't run out of bounds around the 5 or 6, they would've stopped the clock and had 27 seconds left for first and goal from the 6.

But hindsight is 20/20 isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by ABQBronco25 View Post
    The real travesty was the penultimate play of the game, in which Tim Patrick was mugged during his attempt to bring in the pass. Fant blatantly pushed off on the last play, and easily could've been OPI if anything.
    Exactly. Blatant facemask that pulled his whole helmet down. Another call missed by this crappy NFL referee crew. As for the last play, like everyone else has stated, Fant made a terrible play and obviously pushed off to create space. Offensive PI all the way.

I really feel like the NFL has gone backwards with the officiating this year specifically. The PI calls or non calls with the ability to be challenged are really pathetic. Fans didn't all of the sudden become stupid, when a call is missed as badly as some of these are why not fine officiating crews?

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Fan View Post
    Very true! And if they didn't lose that challenge they would've had another time out left to use and settle things down. But that's how they are going, they are close but no cigar, lots of "what if's" and "should've, could've, would'ves" this season that have them snake bitten, and even though they are close it still ends up as a loss, AGAIN.....

I watched that play again and I do now see that Fant pushed off first.
    I know itís not what most people want to hear, but the reality is weíve been competitive in every game, which tells me our rebuild process might be working. This team plays hard to the whistle and we do have some young talented players from the last two drafts. I think dumping Elway and this coaching staff this offseason would be a mistake. There is hope that if Lock pans out we can be a pretty good team.

I'm just happy the Broncos had a chance to win on the last drive/play of the game. This team is capable of beating any team but it just isn't there yet and probably won't be this season. They should've won this game considering the lead they had but OTOH they were competitive, played hard for the most part, against a good team AND they lost ... perfect.

Look at the last play of the game again, Kearse has ahold of Fant's jersey and yanks him down to the ground, can someone please explain to me how that was NOT pass interference??
    It was

There was lots of penalties in that last series. Good officials will tend to swallow the whistle that late in games........ especially home teams. Is it logical? Not exactly, but I'll always fall on the side of allowing players to decide games rather than err on the side of technically perfect or even ghost calling.

What really bothers me is we saw some tick tack hold earlier in that drive on US ...... on Lindsey's long run to the left (mighta been a screen) where the back up FB was called for holding which was a TERRIBLE call ........and in a critical situation. We had to convert a 4th down because of it and lost 10 yards.

Our offense overcame a LOT in that last drive. I'm proud of what they did there. Just need to get it done knowing officials will swallow the whistle late.

NOW ..............consistency is the big problem here. Lots of crews will call whatever they see whenever they see it no matter how blatant. Some might say well if it's a penalty it's a penalty. But we need to get these damned officials off the scales of outcome and by letting em play late ..... generally that works.

I'm not saying you're wrong OP ........ just saying that's they way it usually was ........and is supposed to be. But that's not how it is a lot of the time now a days.

NFL needs to let these guys play
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

It was, in my opinion, a perfect no call. Fant initiated things with his push off. Had he caught the ball, I think the refs would have thrown a flag. Kearse did grab as he lost his positioning, but overall Fant caused the more obvious offence.

To those folks who have been saying that we seem not to get any breaks, or tend to get bad calls, or whatever....after 10 games, you are who you are. In our case, a competitive team that just needs a little more. And I ask you all to imagine if we had a quality QB this season. No doubt in my mind, we're at least 5 and 5, probably 6 and 4.

Hence the continued plea by some of us to find your long term starter.....SOON.

And I know he was trying for the touchdown at the end but it's too bad that Allen didn't run out of bounds around the 5 or 6, they would've stopped the clock and had 27 seconds left for first and goal from the 6.

But hindsight is 20/20 isn't it?
    Even after not getting out of bounds he needs to have the awareness to know that itíll take far longer to call a play on the run than to just run up and spike it.

If Zimmer hadnít called the timeout, we likely only get one maybe 2 shots at the endzone. Maybe theyíre disjointed and it works but Iíd much rather see him clock it with 20 seconds left. That way at least there can be a threat of a run play because youíd have enough time to spike it again and still get one more shot at the endzone.

My biggest gripe aside from the PI on Patrick was that Hamilton was out there. Heís done absolutely nothing out there and isnít a threat at all. Put Spencer in, at least he has utility as a gadget player drawing attention away from others. Go with any combo of Freeman, Lyndsay, or Booker and see if they get a one on one against a LB. Run a bunch set and see if someone can sneak out of it wide open. Hell, run another read option with Allen with an option to toss it out to a WR if the defense plays the run option well. 3 straight fades is something you do when you have Julio, Hopkins, Beckham, those types of WRs. Sutton is on his way to establishing himself as a WR that tilts 50/50 balls to our favor so at least give him 1 especially since Rhodes has been beat like a drum all season and has gone from a top 10 CB to a bottom 10 CB overnight.

If you blow a 20 pt. second half lead, the problem isn't a play that depends on a subjective call by the ref. If you blow that lead, you deserve to lose and the last play of the game should have never been a factor. I refuse to ever blame refs for a loss when the team has a big lead.

none of that matters. They were leading 20-0 at the half and then went 3-27 in the second half. Only scoring 3 and allowing 27...that was the problem. Why was it up by 10 in the 4th quarter were they not playing deep over Diggs and not covering Rudolph? Those are the big questions, not why wasn't PI called. If they are relaying on PI calls to win the games then they have much bigger issues.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    none of that matters. They were leading 20-0 at the half and then went 3-27 in the second half. Only scoring 3 and allowing 27...that was the problem. Why was it up by 10 in the 4th quarter were they not playing deep over Diggs and not covering Rudolph? Those are the big questions, not why wasn't PI called. If they are relaying on PI calls to win the games then they have much bigger issues.
    Agreed. Regardless of all the ďpiecesĒ we have, our record is a true reflection of who we are. Bad teams constantly repeat the same mistakes that put them in situations to lose, instead of win. We lost several games by blowing 4th Quarter leads, almost all in the same manner. Thatís exactly what bad teams do. Heck, the 0-16 Browns had 8 losses by 1 score!

So I have to agree that why we blew a 20pt lead is the bigger issue, by far.

I mixed this play up with the Tim Patrick one. The Fant one was probably more on Fant than the defense but the DB did tug Fant's jersey. The defense tug was almost after the pass was incomplete though.

I think after our offense saw 2 pass plays with 1-2 egregious defensive PI with no calls, Fant may have thought, they're gonna let us play -- so I'm going to be physical too. That's why he pushed off so blatantly. And there was no call ...........maybe if he catches it the ref thinks otherwise, but the officials swallowed their yellow diapers
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

All I was asking was how a defensive player can grab a TE by the jersey and fling him down to the ground and it not be called pass interference. It was then pointed out to me that said TE pushed off first and he did and I saw that when watching the play again so the refs just figured it was a washout. I wasn't complaining that this should've been called, I wasn't saying that this is why we lost the game, I do realize that the game was lost in many other ways in many other areas and to be up by 20 and piss it away is terrible, but I merely was asking about that defensive back's play on that play, I do understand the logistics of the game.

All I was asking was how a defensive player can grab a TE by the jersey and fling him down to the ground and it not be called pass interference. It was then pointed out to me that said TE pushed off first and he did and I saw that when watching the play again so the refs just figured it was a washout. I wasn't complaining that this should've been called, I wasn't saying that this is why we lost the game, I do realize that the game was lost in many other ways in many other areas and to be up by 20 and piss it away is terrible, but I merely was asking about that defensive back's play on that play, I do understand the logistics of the game.
    no one knows what PI is anymore...