Got a new puppy!

I lost my lab a couple years ago now. And I finally found the right time (if there really ever is a right time) to take on the ginormous challenge of raising a puppy. .....properly. Went and got a labradoodle. These dogs shed very little.

Here he is. I'm mixed on names so far. We've got a few we're kicking around.....Chess, Dutch, Bay, Dizzy (why not lol), Ism. But we're still undecided. Open to ideas for names. Anything strike you when you see him here?

Here he is 12 weeks or so

Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

So cute! I love the picture on the right.

Dizzy.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    I lost my lab a couple years ago now. And I finally found the right time (if there really ever is a right time) to take on the ginormous challenge of raising a puppy. .....properly. Went and got a labradoodle. These dogs shed very little.

Here he is. I'm mixed on names so far. We've got a few we're kicking around.....Chess, Dutch, Bay, Dizzy (why not lol), Ism. But we're still undecided. Open to ideas for names. Anything strike you when you see him here?

Here he is 12 weeks or so

Dizzy seems appropriate for some reason.....
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

I like Dizzy....
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

How about Sutton?

I love Labradoodles!!! They are beautiful. So often I have taken our "Cockapoodle" for walks, and we meet an LD, and they always come across as good dogs, that just happen to look really good!!! If we hadn't moved to a condo, and I could have had a bigger dog, that's one of the ones I'd look for. I like the Golden Doodles too.

Dizz is cool. "LD" might be ok.

Do you really like some other Broncos......maybe "Lindsay", or "Miller", or "Chubb" or some other fav, from now or in the past. Maybe stay away from current QBs for now.
    Last edited by CanDB; 11-18-2019 at 03:44 PM.

Awe, I love him! Such a good looking pup! Especially love the bottom photo. Very hard to adopt another after losing one. Even with your new friend, you will have have the great memories of your lab.

I like Dizzy out of the names you mentioned. I look at him and my first name for him is Mac. Then I always have to add to names to give my dogs nick names and would probably end up with Big Mac for him... Anyways, enjoyed the pictures of your new pal! No matter what name you choose for him, I'm sure it will be fitting!

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris

Thanks everyone

Funny that a lot of those Bronco names actually make good dog names. Like Sutton, Miller, Chubb lol, even Lindsey. Of the Bronco names listed I like Sutton.

My mom and sister like Dizzy too --they don't know my forum name. This little knucklehead is making me dizzy

Thanks for all your comments. I'm really happy to have him but it is hard in the early days. But the investment is well worth the troubles.

I have 2 brothers. One lent me his dog for a week for socialization and training techniques. I actually raised that dog. I have a pic of him on this site somewhere -he's got a hat on. My other brother is going on vacation for T-Giving and I'll be watching his 2 dogs for 2 weeks so that all should help me get this guy off on the right foot.

Older well behaved dogs really do help train little numbskull pups like this one (I kid he does have a nice long gaze into the eyes which is a good sign) He's just so young he knows NOTHING yet.
    Red 98

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Thanks everyone

Funny that a lot of those Bronco names actually make good dog names. Like Sutton, Miller, Chubb lol, even Lindsey. Of the Bronco names listed I like Sutton.

My mom and sister like Dizzy too --they don't know my forum name. This little knucklehead is making me dizzy

Thanks for all your comments. I'm really happy to have him but it is hard in the early days. But the investment is well worth the troubles.

I have 2 brothers. One lent me his dog for a week for socialization and training techniques. I actually raised that dog. I have a pic of him on this site somewhere -he's got a hat on. My other brother is going on vacation for T-Giving and I'll be watching his 2 dogs for 2 weeks so that all should help me get this guy off on the right foot.

Older well behaved dogs really do help train little numbskull pups like this one (I kid he does have a nice long gaze into the eyes which is a good sign) He's just so young he knows NOTHING yet.

All,puppies are disaster. That’s why they are so cute.... so we don’t kill hem, haha

Dizzy could be short for. Dizzaster! Haha
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Cool puppy!

Thanks all! He's doing really well. We've had decent weather here lately so I've left the back door open and he's now choosing to relieve himself outside! I didn't even really do any training on that front yet. I'm really surprised about this.

I think borrowing my brother's dog this week might have accelerated his potty train learning process ........ only I'm not the trainer. The older dog is.

I will say though yesterday for some reason he was being strange. He was crying for NO REASON. for like an hour. It's really disturbing when your dog is crying and you can't tell why. You want to solve his problem but there is no solution. I still don't know what that was about. He's just being puppy?

But the worst crossed my mind of course...... like did he swallow stones or ....... eat something he shouldn't have? ........but he's fine now!
    Red 98