• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diesel51
    Lost Sheep
    • Jul 2004

Am I the only one?

I don’t know why so many are so upset/irritated about this season. It’s kind of going like many of us expected. I’m actually excited about the Broncos looking forward. We aren’t getting blown out. Guys playing hard. Competing well. We are building for sure, but I feel good about what we’ve got going on.

Am I the only one like this?
    Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
    Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
    Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs
  • darryn16
    Captain
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by diesel51 View Post
    I don’t know why so many are so upset/irritated about this season. It’s kind of going like many of us expected. I’m actually excited about the Broncos looking forward. We aren’t getting blown out. Guys playing hard. Competing well. We are building for sure, but I feel good about what we’ve got going on.

I'm sure you are not the only one, but as for me, I don't fall into this category. Until the management can prove they are capable of evaluating and drafting good talent, this team will continue to be a 5 win per year squad.

Comment

• L.M.
      Vitalstatistix
      • Oct 2006

Well we did get blown by the Chefs, but I feel better at this point in Fangio's first year than I did at this point in VJ's first year when the team was in an out-of-control downward spiral under a completely clueless coach.

By all accounts (including oddsmakers at Vegas) we should have been steamrolled in MInn from beginning to end. It least it was close with a legit chance to win it at the end that barely came up short. Next year, I think we will win these close matches, especially if we can drop dead weight like #72.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Joshua2585
        All-Pro
        • Jun 2011

I agree... there are some bright spots, but until we find a franchise QB we'll be in the doldrums. Maybe Lock is that guy? I hope he is that guy.

This place would be going nuts and we would have had to rename Denver "Allentown" if he could have pulled off that drive. those 20-30 seconds that were bled off the clock at the very end of the game ended up being our demise, I believe. Those last couple plays felt rushed. The challenge on the PI was also a really bad coaching call that cost us a timeout.

Comment

• beastlyskronk
          Football Immortal
          • Jun 2007

No I’m excited, there’s a solid young core to build around. Sutton is a monster who still can get better, Fant is flashing potential, the RBs look good, Risner has been solid. Simmons, Johnson, Chubb, Walker, and jones look good on the defense as well.

Add in a franchise QB and this team will have a much better record. Hopefully we find out if Lock can be that guy moving forward.

Comment

• CanDB
            Football Immortal
            • Mar 2008

In our last 3 equivalent seasons (including this year and the latter part of 2016), we are 16 and 32, which is a 33.3% winning rate. Hardly acceptable.

I do think this team has many of the right components, including some talented youth that will be here for years to come. And yes, this team can play with the better teams on most given Sundays. But I can not condone the efforts of the FO over this timeframe, because they have not properly addressed the most obvious aspects of an O - QB and Oline. How we have evolved to this point without making clear inroads, is beyond me. And it's not just the fact we are not there yet, but it's the waste in money/draft capital, and the lost time, that annoys me.

Sad truth is, we should improve going forward, because it looks we will again be provided some good draft possibilities...if we use them correctly.
            Last edited by CanDB; 11-18-2019, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• shadowlands
              Practice Squad
              • Sep 2013

I sure hope Lock is our guy. We're long overdue.
              Former Colorado resident, stuck in Texas. Broncos fan since 1987

Comment

• RocketArm006
                Totally Worth It
                • May 2008

I’m encouraged by some of the young talent n this team. Have to find our QB though.

Comment

• Capt. Jack
                  Football Immortal
                  • Oct 2010

I'm not sure, sometimes I think we're doing good, and then some of the play calling by the coaching staff on BOTH sides of the ball makes me scratch my head, and wonder what they're thinking.
                  The bottom line is you have to win football games, and we haven't been doing that in a long time.
                  We should have won that game yesterday.

Comment

• Saddletramp
                    Captain
                    • Nov 2005

I think the biggest thing is, we all want a winning team. And, we're not a winning team. Regardless of where we end up in the draft a winning team is a good thing. I'm sure we all think our OC is not qualified. I don't think he is. After dropping a 20 point lead and losing wonder if fangio is the defensive guru everyone says he is.
                    Last edited by Saddletramp; 11-18-2019, 02:46 PM.
                    [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                    Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• champ&dreallday
                      Playmaker
                      • Sep 2007

I think I feel completely different than you. I'm very disappointed with this season. Not getting blown out is not an indicator of team success in my mind. The Cleveland Browns lost about 9 games by less than 7 a couple years ago. You could argue they were right there and would learn to win some of those games going forward. I hate to say it and argue if you like, but we're very much in the bottom feeder league with the Browns and have been for a couple years. Our O line and QB play have been horrible for years, which isn't a recipe for success. Our coaching has been horrible for years as well. However, we've fired so many coaches recently, we're stuck with the guys we have. I can't recall another franchise hiring a head coach, D coordinator and O coordinator where NONE of them have any experience doing that job before. It's clearly showing this season. Offensive playcalling in key moments has been head scratching. The defense has fallen apart in many of the close losses that we've had and gave up points to snatch the win away from us. A lot of this falls on Elway. The man who fired Fox, wanting to see kicking and screaming doesn't seem to have that same attitude. I haven't seen kicking and screaming lately.

Comment

• L.M.
                        Vitalstatistix
                        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
                        I think I feel completely different than you. I'm very disappointed with this season. Not getting blown out is not an indicator of team success in my mind. The Cleveland Browns lost about 9 games by less than 7 a couple years ago. You could argue they were right there and would learn to win some of those games going forward. I hate to say it and argue if you like, but we're very much in the bottom feeder league with the Browns and have been for a couple years. Our O line and QB play have been horrible for years, which isn't a recipe for success. Our coaching has been horrible for years as well. However, we've fired so many coaches recently, we're stuck with the guys we have. I can't recall another franchise hiring a head coach, D coordinator and O coordinator where NONE of them have any experience doing that job before. It's clearly showing this season. Offensive playcalling in key moments has been head scratching. The defense has fallen apart in many of the close losses that we've had and gave up points to snatch the win away from us. A lot of this falls on Elway. The man who fired Fox, wanting to see kicking and screaming doesn't seem to have that same attitude. I haven't seen kicking and screaming lately.
                        Ed Donatell has had this job before -- 8 yrs experience as the DC for the Packers, Falcons and Redskins.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                          Super Moderator
                          • Dec 2008

I also share your sentiments. They've lost 4 games by a total of 9 points. 5 losses have been 1 score games. This team is competing hard and are a few breaks from legitimately having 2-3 more wins. And when you look at the team, although there are holes, there's also a lot of young talent.

Much like many of us didn't realize how bad things were and how poor drafts were as they were happening, I think a lot of people right now are missing out on how far along the Broncos are in the rebuild. Right now they have 3 big holes, LT, QB and CB (RT would be the 4th hole, but it's not quite as big as the other 3) there's a draft pick at QB that we're waiting to see. If Lock proves to be even serviceable and they can have a good draft and find an LT and CB early, then this team could quickly turn those close losses into wins.

I'm going to paraphrase Benjamin Allbright:
                          There are 4 clear stages of a rebuild:
                          1. Losing big
                          2. Losing close
                          3. winning close
                          4. winning big

The Broncos have gone from stage 1 to stage 2, hopefully 2020 brings stage 3.

Comment

• rst08tierney
                            VISIONS OF CONFETTI
                            • Nov 2006

when you are at the bottom you cant get any lower.

Comment

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
                              Football Immortal
                              • Mar 2017

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                              when you are at the bottom you cant get any lower.

Truth LOL !!

Comment

Working...
                              X