Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    No I do not believe we can. Although, it would be awesome if we could. I'd rather have a winning team than draft position. But, I am sure thats just me
    I would rather have the draft position. Broncos need another good draft to become perennial PO contenders. If we go 9-7 we'll be drafting around 20th. Top 10 picks in each round, should put the Broncos back into the PO's for years to come. But, give me the draft pick if we can't make it to the postseason and being that Tebow is long gone........so are the PO's this year.

Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Dotst View Post
    I know it sounds crazy, but if we can play as well as we did against a good team like the Vikings, the rest of our schedule isnt too difficult IF we continue to play like this

@Bills
    Vs Chargers
    @Texans
    @Chiefs
    Vs Lions
    Vs Raiders

The only two teams I see us struggling against is the Texans and Chiefs. Bill's arent as good as their record shows. Almost all of their wins have been again very bad teams like the dolphins, browns and Bengals. Ravens straight up embarrassed the Texans last night and I dont see the chargers or raiders as much as a threat as Statue Joe is not on the field. Then are the Lions really that great? I'm not saying it will be easy but there is still hope for this season to end 9-7 and maybe get a wildcard spot. It's so unfortunate how many games we have almost won or a wildcard spot would be that much more possible
    We actly lost a heartbreaker to the Browns... just sayin lol

I know it sounds crazy, but if we can play as well as we did against a good team like the Vikings, the rest of our schedule isnt too difficult IF we continue to play like this

@Bills
    Vs Chargers
    @Texans
    @Chiefs
    Vs Lions
    Vs Raiders

The only two teams I see us struggling against is the Texans and Chiefs. Bill's arent as good as their record shows. Almost all of their wins have been again very bad teams like the dolphins, browns and Bengals. Ravens straight up embarrassed the Texans last night and I dont see the chargers or raiders as much as a threat as Statue Joe is not on the field. Then are the Lions really that great? I'm not saying it will be easy but there is still hope for this season to end 9-7 and maybe get a wildcard spot. It's so unfortunate how many games we have almost won or a wildcard spot would be that much more possible
    Hey Dotst….my initial response is no way. First off, few teams will win out in this league. Clearly we have not shown evidence that we are, as or more capable then the better ones. But listen pal, those first 4 games are not easy! Three of them are on the road, and three of those games are against playoff contenders. Yes, injuries can happen. But that should not be part of the expectation.

Even the last two might not be too easy, even though at home.....unless Stafford does not recuperate as he should. Oakland is now a team to deal with, and are surprisingly tough.

If I try to remain as objective and unbiased as possible, I would predict 2 wins, maybe 3. I have them at 6 and 10, but that's as far as I can go.

You have to remember as well, that we may be trying out Lock, which I firmly believe we have to, and that comes with rookie errors. So 3 wins is the very best I would go.

anything is possible, though it would be very difficult to accomplish...

i will just say this to everyone laughing at the idea - if somebody told you that the broncos would be up 20-0 at half @ minnesota, i guarantee every last one of you would be laughing at that & saying no chance, but we in fact did do just that against a very hot vikings team that is on a roll.

so don't ever say something is not possible because that damn sure is proof that anything can happen

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    We're not winning much more until Allen steps up or is replaced, anyway.

Over the last decade, teams are 27-137 when their starting QB completes less than 44% of his passes. Minimum 20 attempts.

Allen got really lucky with his two TDs against Cleveland. Should he continue to play the way he has, his luck will run out. A multi-pick affair is looming unless he adapts. Conventional wisdom would lead one to expect his benching sometime during or immediately after losing the Buffalo game.
    To add on to what papa is saying the tape is out now. Dont think d coordinators arent about to take the tape from the 2nd half of the vikes game and game plan us the same way. Allen will have to adjust the question is can he? I doubt it but we shall see. He hasn't been terrible but like Papa said I think his streak is about to run out Bill's d is legit so Allen will be in for a long day.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    Bravo!!! 👏

The Bottom line is, until we have a winning record, WE ARE LOSERS!
    (For 3 straight seasons now)

What is the deal with second half play calling? Some say we fail to do half-time adjustments, but it seems it IS the half-time adjustments that kill us, and if we just keep playing like we did the first half we'd be much better off.

Quote Originally Posted by jmag View Post
    What is the deal with second half play calling? Some say we fail to do half-time adjustments, but it seems it IS the half-time adjustments that kill us, and if we just keep playing like we did the first half we'd be much better off.
    I totally agree and its on both offense and defense. The second half debacles have been a trend this year. In all fairness, the players own some culpability as well, but second half coaching / play calling has been a noticeable issue.

Just beat the Texan's, please! I would love that!!! So I could come in to work with my Broncos polo and upset my office. PLEASE!!!!
    Former Colorado resident, stuck in Texas. Broncos fan since 1987

@Bills
    Vs Chargers
    @Texans
    @Chiefs
    Vs Lions
    Vs Raiders

To be honest, I don't see Denver winning any of their remaining games. The Bills are playing very good at home. The Chargers can move the ball on offense. They struggle in the red zone, but their kicker can make field goals. The Texans are hot an cold. The Chiefs at Arrowhead, not a chance. The Lions are actually playing well. They can score a lot of points which doesn't bode well for Denver. The Raiders may well be playing for a wild card and won't let the opportunity slip by them. This of course, is just my opinion. I did say that they would finish 2-14, so if they finish 3-13 I wasn't off by much.

I expect us to go 2-4 or 3-3.

First, there is no way this team wins out.

Second, why would we want to? They have no shot at the playoffs. And, the more losses they sustain, the higher the draft pick and the better chance of getting rid of our incompetent GM and head coach.

depends what you mean by win out........... maybe we can win 1st overall draft pick
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese