Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Why is there no blame for McManus???

The guy can't make a clutch kick to save his life! Missed several important field goals this year, and the one missed in Minnesota proved pivitol. Tired of watching him making meaningless kicks, but when the game is on the line....shank, hook, wide,.......

I feel the same way. I made a thread about both him and Wadman but no one seemed interested to partake. They both need to be replaced.

I've lost confidence in them both
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

The Broncos need to replace McManus and Wadman. McManus has a great playoff run in 2015. He hasn’t been the same and definitely not a clutch kicker. Wadman was brought in after the debacle with Marquette King. If McManus would have made the last FG the Broncos would have easily been in range to win the game last Sunday...then again we would have relied on him again.

I knew we had a problem with McManus when he was missing extra points and also easy 'chip shot' field goals under 30 yards. He's regressed a lot.

Wadman is just trash as well. Never understood why we traded Riley Dixon (not that he was all that great, but he is better than Wadman).

Probably shouldn’t have let Prater go.

Never should have traded Kern.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Should of kept King

McManus should have made that, but let's be real....

3rd and 7 and you call a draw play to Booker? That was a terrible call and in my mind, that's when we lost the game. We didn't play to win, we played to not lose.

McManus was a vital part of the Superbowl run. Won us a lot of games. He gets more slack because of the ring he earned and the championship he brought us.

He has been spotty lately though...

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    I feel the same way. I made a thread about both him and Wadman but no one seemed interested to partake. They both need to be replaced.

I've lost confidence in them both
    Wadman????? You can punt better than Wadman, and I don't even know you.......

We definitely need to look to improve special teams this offseason. I don't know if we need to find an upgrade over McManus this offseason, but we should certainly be looking.

They are kickers.....

Although wadman needs to go now...
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

it may just be me but i feel like the broncos have a history of getting rid of punters to early it happened with kern and dixon for sure. tehn we tried to get cute and replace colquipp would is really good.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Bronco fans have had the pleasure of seeing some of the best FG kickers in the game for years. Elam, Karlis, and Treadwell were automatic from 50 in, and Elam was automatic from 55 and in. You rarely saw those guys miss a game winning or critical kick. I think the importance of kickers is, for some reason, unappreciated, and yet, other than the QB, that one player is more responsible for winning games than any other player. And now we see just how important they are. McManus is not even close to the caliber of those kickers. Even Jim Turner, who didn't have the range of the other guys, was automatic from 40 in. If he doesn't get better, they had better get a seasoned kicker. Just ask Bears fans about the importance of a kicker.

For his Career, McManus has made 80.7% of his field goals, the exact same % as Jason Elam. For comparison, Matt Prater has made 84% of kicks over his career.

The problem isn't the misses, all kickers miss, it's when the misses happen for McManus, they always seem come at the worst part of the game, when the pressure is on and he has to make it. He's a decent kicker, though he's not clutch whatsoever.

The sad thing is they brought in competition for him this offseason