Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Are we seeing the last of philip Rivers ?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...cid=spartandhp

you won’t find us saying that Philip Rivers is washed up, not a year after he enjoyed arguably the best season of his career. However, it’s 2019 now and a new season, and Rivers has not come close to replicating the Hall of Fame-level play he showed last season, raising serious concerns about his future.

Rivers was intercepted four times in Monday night’s 24-17 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs in Mexico City. For the second straight game, Rivers threw multiple interceptions and was picked off on his final pass of the game as he was trying to lead his Los Angeles Chargers to a comeback win.
    Rivers went 28-for-52 for 353 yards with a touchdown and four picks. He fumbled once, but his team recovered the ball. The Bolts had a few drops, while the offense’s plan seemed to be having Rivers heave the ball into traffic and hoping his receiver would come down with the ball. He didn’t see Tyrann Mathieu on an interception that led to Kansas City’s first touchdown of the game. The way he was picked off on that play was reminiscent of what happened in the loss to the Raiders when Erik Harris got him three times, although the third interception was negated by a penalty.

Rivers appears to be telegraphing passes. When he’s not doing that, he’s getting fooled by coverages, according to ESPN analyst Booger McFarland. He also was sloppy in getting balls batted down at the line of scrimmage or even throwing balls into a teammate’s head.
    rivers has always been a competitor and at times his ability to be deadly accurate, make smart throws was frustrating as an opposing fan, but Father time wins all battles.

considering that rivers is on the last year of his contract, seeing his play this year leads to the question will the chargers offer another short contract in the range rivers has been paid (23 mill per season) or will they low ball him...or not even attempt
    to resign him....the chargers may be in the draft looking to move up for a qb in a year there are some good ones

as a opposing fan I will be torn on this...rivers was a competitor you could just dislike immensely when losing
    and jeer and cheer when you could beat him, make him scream at his helmet

but in the end rivers being gone is kinda an end to a era in bronco and afc west football which is sad in its own way as a fan of the game
    Last edited by arapaho; 11-19-2019 at 11:13 AM.

hoping the chargers resigning him for 30 mill per year fully guaranteed for another five years

Yeah, I'm bummed out that he's done. This is a QB we love to hate on...just tailor made for divisional trash talk. Dude was devastating as long as the game wasn't important - but in the biggest of moments, he was at his hilarious worst.

It'll be sad to see him leave the game. He was a respected opponent, but also Three Stooges at times from our side of the aisle.

Thanks for the memories #17, and the many classic faces. I propose this rendition of Popeye be used for his HOF bust.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    rivers has always been a competitor and at times his ability to be deadly accurate, make smart throws was frustrating as an opposing fan, but Father time wins all battles.

considering that rivers is on the last year of his contract, seeing his play this year leads to the question will the chargers offer another short contract in the range rivers has been paid (23 mill per season) or will they low ball him...or not even attempt
    to resign him....the chargers may be in the draft looking to move up for a qb in a year there are some good ones

as a opposing fan I will be torn on this...rivers was a competitor you could just dislike immensely when losing
    and jeer and cheer when you could beat him, make him scream at his helmet

but in the end rivers being gone is kinda an end to a era in bronco and afc west football which is sad in its own way as a fan of the game
    it really does seem like it's over and ive been saying i think this is his last season since the off season so if it is his last season it won't be a surprise to me at all.

but it's gotten to the point where hes losing games for the team. I didn't see the game last night but from the sounds of it this one for sure is on him. the defense stopped the chiefs three times in a row at the end of the game and he still couldn't make anything happen.

but one thing i will say is if you look at the pass/run ratio, i would say that there needs to be more emphasis on the running game. rivers can't carry the team anymore like he used to, he needs to be like elway was at the end of his career and just mange the offense, not carry it.

but oh well, the seasons done for us and if it is over for rivers, i will always respect him and he will always be my favorite chargers QB of all time. he will always be my guy.

hoping the chargers resigning him for 30 mill per year fully guaranteed for another five years
    not gonna happen, at most a 1 year contract and he's not going anywhere else to win either. I actually think that if he doesn't take a discounted 1 year contract that he shouldn't be re-signed. I honestly think at this point tyrod gives us the better chance to win.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    it really does seem like it's over and ive been saying i think this is his last season since the off season so if it is his last season it won't be a surprise to me at all.

but it's gotten to the point where hes losing games for the team. I didn't see the game last night but from the sounds of it this one for sure is on him. the defense stopped the chiefs three times in a row at the end of the game and he still couldn't make anything happen.

but one thing i will say is if you look at the pass/run ratio, i would say that there needs to be more emphasis on the running game. rivers can't carry the team anymore like he used to, he needs to be like elway was at the end of his career and just mange the offense, not carry it.

but oh well, the seasons done for us and if it is over for rivers, i will always respect him and he will always be my favorite chargers QB of all time. he will always be my guy.
    I watched and there were times he was on, making the right read, great passes....and others like the back to back ints..it just seems like dude what was you thinking there was no body open!!!

hard to see it, its different that what we seen with manning, manning still had the smarts, knew where to go...he just didn't have the arm...rives still flinging it, but some passes were just a mile off and others to well covered wrs like hes not seeing the field

I think Rivers is much like Brady - they can still be solid QBís, but canít carry the heavy load. Both teams need to be run first and then allow PR/TB to pass here and there. Last year the Patriots were successful through the post season and ultimately won the SB by developing a successful run game. I believe the Pats had 150 yds (+) in all their post season games.

With that said, the 2018 Pats had a great O-line (something not present this year) and their D improved significantly leading up to and including the SB.

Had the Chiefs not cut Kareem Hunt, I think they would have been last yearís SB champs. This is why I have a hard time not respecting their franchise.

The Road to the SB is still led by the running game IMO.

I watched and there were times he was on, making the right read, great passes....and others like the back to back ints..it just seems like dude what was you thinking there was no body open!!!

hard to see it, its different that what we seen with manning, manning still had the smarts, knew where to go...he just didn't have the arm...rives still flinging it, but some passes were just a mile off and others to well covered wrs like hes not seeing the field
    it could be that he thinks he can make the throw but his deteriorating physical ability doesn't allow him to. ive seen him make throws that were way off and intercepted this year, that is attributed to his age. but IDK how he could forget how to read defenses, it could be teams watching the Denver tape and figuring out how to confuse him like they always seem to do.

other than that it is kind of a mystery.

We may have seen the last of him. His flight back to San Diego was apparently intercepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainrnxile View Post
    I think Rivers is much like Brady - they can still be solid QBís, but canít carry the heavy load. Both teams need to be run first and then allow PR/TB to pass here and there. Last year the Patriots were successful through the post season and ultimately won the SB by developing a successful run game. I believe the Pats had 150 yds (+) in all their post season games.

With that said, the 2018 Pats had a great O-line (something not present this year) and their D improved significantly leading up to and including the SB.

Had the Chiefs not cut Kareem Hunt, I think they would have been last yearís SB champs. This is why I have a hard time not respecting their franchise.

The Road to the SB is still led by the running game IMO.
    Brady has put the team on his back on numerous occasions. Maybe not so much anymore for him, but Rivers has always been like this. And even if the Chiefs kept Hunt, he would have remained suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Brady has put the team on his back on numerous occasions. Maybe not so much anymore for him, but Rivers has always been like this. And even if the Chiefs kept Hunt, he would have remained suspended.
    What each PR & TB were in the past isnít the discussion - itís what they are now

. As for Hunt, KC played 7 more games after his suspension before they faced NE. I think there is a pretty strong possibility he would have been reinstated by then.

Rivers has not always been like this. Do you even watch football or do you just troll and bandwagon Jump?

Whoís your next team going to be? No let me guess! Baltimore, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mainrnxile View Post
    What each PR & TB were in the past isnít the discussion - itís what they are now

. As for Hunt, KC played 7 more games after his suspension before they faced NE. I think there is a pretty strong possibility he would have been reinstated by then.
    Dude thinks rivers has always been the turnover machine he is now, I donít think heís knowledgeable enough to have a real discussion.

When any QB is on the decline and older they should not be carrying their team anymore.

Even Tom Brady.

Baph are you tired of Rivers yet?
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Damn sure gotta respect Phyllis.....gonna be a shame when he is gone.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey