Are we seeing the last of philip Rivers ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    team preacher
    • Mar 2008

There were a few throws that looked like they weren’t finishing the way Rivers intended which would be a sign of decline, however the replays show he was getting hit while throwing, at least on the few I paid attention to.
    I think SD is having issues protecting him, which begs the question why did they not lean on the running game?
    sigpic
    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• arapaho
      reserved for losing bet
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
      There were a few throws that looked like they weren’t finishing the way Rivers intended which would be a sign of decline, however the replays show he was getting hit while throwing, at least on the few I paid attention to.
      I think SD is having issues protecting him, which begs the question why did they not lean on the running game?
      because by the time the bolts got the ball back with 3 minutes left in the 3rd they were down 24-9
      and they are the 25th ranked rush offense to start with
      sigpic
      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• baphamet
        Family Trust Beer
        • Nov 2006

They have for sure struggled protecting him this year. Going into the KC game the chargers lead the league in pressures given up.

That said, I heard the pass protection was better against KC and their back up tackles for sure played better as they only surrendered 4 pressures and no sacks between the two.

Something definitely isn’t right with rivers this year. This is the first time in his career I can honestly say he’s holding the team back.

Sure pass protection had been a big problem but all I know is rivers, behind that OL, isn’t cutting it anymore and it’s really sad to see.

Comment

• baphamet
          Family Trust Beer
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
          because by the time the bolts got the ball back with 3 minutes left in the 3rd they were down 24-9
          and they are the 25th ranked rush offense to start with
          Statistically their running game was effective, their ranking had nothing to do with it.

Comment

• L.M.
            Vitalstatistix
            • Oct 2006

I really hope he's not done. He's a talker and will likely be in the broadcasting booth, and the last friggin' thing we need is another Dan Fouts calling the games.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• arapaho
              reserved for losing bet
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
              Statistically their running game was effective, their ranking had nothing to do with it.
              it wasn't enough to stop the score from being 24-9 with 3 minutes left in the 3rd
              sigpic

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
                team preacher
                • Mar 2008

52 pass attempts compared to 19 run attempts. They played right into the only strength the KC defense has. Does Rivers call his own plays or is this on the coaching staff?
                sigpic
                Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• arapaho
                  reserved for losing bet
                  • Mar 2004

52 pass attempts compared to 19 run attempts. They played right into the only strength the KC defense has. Does Rivers call his own plays or is this on the coaching staff?
                  rivers had 353 passing yards

in the first four drives the ratio was 14 pass 12 runs

so the next two drives it went 14 pass 2 rush, so somebody figured the way to go was passing the ball and abandoned the run
                  sigpic

Comment

• baphamet
                    Family Trust Beer
                    • Nov 2006

it wasn't enough to stop the score from being 24-9 with 3 minutes left in the 3rd
                    It wasn’t used enough, that’s the point. Like AL said, 19 runs vs 52 pass attempts.

At this stage of rivers’ career that can’t happen no matter what the score.

Comment

• baphamet
                      Family Trust Beer
                      • Nov 2006

No matter who the QB is next year they will need to bring in a new play caller.

Comment

• arapaho
                        reserved for losing bet
                        • Mar 2004

It wasn’t used enough, that’s the point. Like AL said, 19 runs vs 52 pass attempts.

At this stage of rivers’ career that can’t happen no matter what the score.

like I said the ratio was 14 passes 12 runs in the chargers first 4 drives

in the next two drives alone it was 14 passes and 2 runs....something changed either in the KC defense or rivers thought he could pass on them because they started the game committed to the run and then completely abandoned it...with the game close
                        sigpic

Comment

• arapaho
                          reserved for losing bet
                          • Mar 2004

No matter who the QB is next year they will need to bring in a new play caller.
                          I hear ken wisenhunt is available or mike McCoy
                          sigpic

Comment

• Sam_Z
                            Banned User
                            • Dec 2004

I hear ken wisenhunt is available or mike McCoy
                            Not even Spano or Telesco are silly enough to bring back McCoy for a second go round like someone else we both know...

Comment

• arapaho
                              reserved for losing bet
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                              Not even Spano or Telesco are silly enough to bring back McCoy for a second go round like someone else we both know...
                              you mean the mike Mcoy who was hired as Qbs Coach and OC in 2009... two years before Elway came back, and then left to become the head coach of the chargers

so how did Elway bring him back a second time...he was here when Elway came back fool

you might wanna check telesco actually hiring wisenhunt in 2013 as the OC...then rehiring him in 2016...only to fire him mid season
                              sigpic

Comment

• Sam_Z
                                Banned User
                                • Dec 2004

you mean the mike Mcoy who was hired as Qbs Coach and OC in 2009... two years before Elway came back, and then left to become the head coach of the chargers

so how did Elway bring him back a second time...he was here when Elway came back fool
                                “Fool”?

lol I always get the best of you when controlling your attitude.

Anyway Elway did not have to hire him the first time, however Elway still brought him back to the organization for MIKE’s second go around so don’t call me a fool, why don’t you pay attention to what you’re reading

Originally posted by Arapaho
                                you might wanna check telesco actually hiring wisenhunt in 2013 as the OC...then rehiring him in 2016...only to fire him mid season
                                No need for me to do that. If you’re so worried about it, you do it because your concerns are no more than on a minuscule level with me.
                                Last edited by Sam_Z; 11-21-2019, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X