View Poll Results: So What's The Starting QB Plan You Endorse Beyond The Season?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Play Lock Soon, and Determine If He's The Guy (or go Draft/Vet Signing)

58 96.67%
  • Allen Or Draft/Vet Signing

1 1.67%
  • Flacco Or Draft/Vet Signing

0 0%
  • Draft or Vet Signing

1 1.67%
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

So What's The Starting QB Plan You Endorse?

I guess I have no clue anymore. A series of backups since Manning. Then there was Keenum and Flacco. In the midst of things, we have Lock, a 2nd rounder. And we have Allen, who is backup at best.

I'm sticking by my views....it's Lock or we start over. But there's apprehension about Lock's initial start. Baffling stuff, given you have no other starter in sight. Out of the playoff race. Baffling!!!

So gang, this poll is simply asking how you see our FO addressing this critical situation. Do we know who our starter is, or are we going to keep on swinging until we hit one deep? Do we even know where that commodity lies? Are we going to use yet another high pick, and keep missing out on filling other serious gaps....ie Oline??

Quite frankly I am very disappointed in the FO. It's come to the point that I have lost trust in their ability.

I am a broken record, but my hope is that we start Lock very soon, and see what he is made of. If he's not the guy, we don't have the guy. Which means, yes, another high draft pick, or some how we land a quality vet.....SOMEHOW.

Iíll vote when Iím not on mobile, but...

Gotta see Lock first. If he isnít the guy, then I say draft a QB #1. Commit to your young franchise QB and build the team around him.

Please, lord, no more FA vet band aid mercenary QBs.

Lock has to take over next week no matter what. It is absolutely ludicrous if he doesn't. The FO needs to let him go and see what he offers. Anyone who thought Allen could/would be an option were fooling themselves. It's Lock or draft a new guy, period. I personally believe Lock will shine and the off-season plan will be to build the line and weapons around him

Quote Originally Posted by rocketarm006 View Post
    i’ll vote when i’m not on mobile, but...

Gotta see lock first. If he isn’t the guy, then i say draft a qb #1. Commit to your young franchise qb and build the team around him.

please, lord, no more fa vet band aid mercenary qbs.
    that!

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Pay Peyton $40 million to come out of retirement. We won't win any more than we are now, but at least we'll be interesting and he can't be any worse than the guys that have played for us since.

Quote Originally Posted by jvdub95 View Post
    lock has to take over next week no matter what. It is absolutely ludicrous if he doesn't. The fo needs to let him go and see what he offers. Anyone who thought allen could/would be an option were fooling themselves. It's lock or draft a new guy, period. I personally believe lock will shine and the off-season plan will be to build the line and weapons around him
    lol! !
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    lol! !
    What's LOL? ....you know it's going to happen

I was okay with Allen after he beat the Browns, but he's not good. I hate the idea of starting Lock this year, but it's really the only option moving forward.

Lock should get a shot and if he sucks Rypien should also get a game or 2.

At this point, I wouldn't mind if we go into next preseason with 3 brand new QBs. None of the guys on the roster right now wow me.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Lock has to take over next week no matter what. It is absolutely ludicrous if he doesn't. The FO needs to let him go and see what he offers. Anyone who thought Allen could/would be an option were fooling themselves. It's Lock or draft a new guy, period. I personally believe Lock will shine and the off-season plan will be to build the line and weapons around him
    He has to! I really can not believe that we are 3 and 8, still needing help on our Oline, and without a QB for the future.

What on earth has the FO been doing over these last 3 sub par years???

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    What's LOL? ....you know it's going to happen
    Im guessing they meant to reply to the Peyton Manning post and fat fingered your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    I was okay with Allen after he beat the Browns, but he's not good. I hate the idea of starting Lock this year, but it's really the only option moving forward.

Lock should get a shot and if he sucks Rypien should also get a game or 2.

At this point, I wouldn't mind if we go into next preseason with 3 brand new QBs. None of the guys on the roster right now wow me.
    If they go into next year with 3 different QBs, one of them better be a #1 pick with a full commitment. If they bring in yet another wash and repeat style FA and another 2nd day drafted QB Iíll freak out lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    If they go into next year with 3 different QBs, one of them better be a #1 pick with a full commitment. If they bring in yet another wash and repeat style FA and another 2nd day drafted QB Iíll freak out lol.
    That's what I'm thinking. Find a guy they really like in the top 5, grab him, and commit to him. Then get a vet back up and a 3rd guy to run the 3/4th string in preseason. Maybe keep Rypien for that role if he doesn't play this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    That's what I'm thinking. Find a guy they really like in the top 5, grab him, and commit to him. Then get a vet back up and a 3rd guy to run the 3/4th string in preseason. Maybe keep Rypien for that role if he doesn't play this year.
    Iíd be all for that. Unfortunately, I have absolutely zero faith this FO would do that ever.

Broncos moved to the 5th pick after the loss today. Need to lose out to pick 5th or potentially higher. Starting Lock is fine to get a preview but it wonít be nearly enough snaps to fully evaluate his potential. Trade Von, package draft picks and move up for Joe Burrow. No way would I trust Lock as the long term answer at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Iíd be all for that. Unfortunately, I have absolutely zero faith this FO would do that ever.
    Never say never. No matter what, we really need to find an answer at QB. Hopefully Lock is the guy, I just have trouble seeing him as a franchise passer.