View Poll Results: So What's The Starting QB Plan You Endorse Beyond The Season?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Play Lock Soon, and Determine If He's The Guy (or go Draft/Vet Signing)

58 96.67%
  • Allen Or Draft/Vet Signing

1 1.67%
  • Flacco Or Draft/Vet Signing

0 0%
  • Draft or Vet Signing

1 1.67%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Any QB not picked by Elway or his scouting department!

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Broncos moved to the 5th pick after the loss today. Need to lose out to pick 5th or potentially higher. Starting Lock is fine to get a preview but it wonít be nearly enough snaps to fully evaluate his potential. Trade Von, package draft picks and move up for Joe Burrow. No way would I trust Lock as the long term answer at this point.
    I would love to get Burrow but I donít think we could get him. Heís probably gonna go #1 and CIN will most likely get him. But we can hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Broncos moved to the 5th pick after the loss today. Need to lose out to pick 5th or potentially higher. Starting Lock is fine to get a preview but it wonít be nearly enough snaps to fully evaluate his potential. Trade Von, package draft picks and move up for Joe Burrow. No way would I trust Lock as the long term answer at this point.
    You think cinci will pass on the #1 QB in the draft and be content with dalton?

I chose Lock, or draft. I threw in the vet option, because I'd be down with signing Watson or Jackson or Mahomes, if they suddenly became available!!!

So yeah, say our FO actually lets us see what Lock has, and he looks absolutely lost. Then I would hope we tank enough to land the best QB in the draft. But if we draft high, and miss out on the right QB, we will have again lost a high quality non QB, and that would be criminal at this point. These misses are killing this team.

We need a GM type who can assess QB talent. Elway has shown little comprehension of what a drafted QB looks like. He has done ok in some other areas, but seems lost in his O choices, other than finding Lindsay in the woods, and a few other decent selections.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    I would love to get Burrow but I donít think we could get him. Heís probably gonna go #1 and CIN will most likely get him. But we can hope.
    Likely so. It never hurts to put a package together and make an offer. Worst they say is no.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    You think cinci will pass on the #1 QB in the draft and be content with dalton?
    They wouldnít be content with Dalton but they might with another quarterback other than Burrow. Put a package of picks together to make them think about it. Worst they could say is no.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    Never say never. No matter what, we really need to find an answer at QB. Hopefully Lock is the guy, I just have trouble seeing him as a franchise passer.
    We shall see how it unfolds. As a fan, Iím rooting hard for Lock to work out because it would make a lot of things easier.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    We shall see how it unfolds. As a fan, Iím rooting hard for Lock to work out because it would make a lot of things easier.
    I hope he does well too, but I wouldn't put money on him becoming good.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    I hope he does well too, but I wouldn't put money on him becoming good.
    Doesnít even have to be good, even if heís mediocre thatíd be a massive improvement over what we had the last few years.

He doesnít have to be the next Aaron Rodgers, Iíd be happy if he can simply complete a pass in the wind.

You have to start Lock, even if he's not ready and it won't be pretty. If nothing else he gets some reps and you have a slightly better idea what you're going to do in the off season.

#Tank4Tua...

With is picking as high as we are its imperative we see what we have in Lock. If Lock doesnt show any potential then we trade up and get Burrow . If Lock looks promising then we need OL with our first pick . Either way we need to upgrade our line of scrimmage so I lean with Lock .

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    With is picking as high as we are its imperative we see what we have in Lock. If Lock doesnt show any potential then we trade up and get Burrow . If Lock looks promising then we need OL with our first pick . Either way we need to upgrade our line of scrimmage so I lean with Lock .
    Imo, no way Cincy isn't taking Burrow. Denver's best option would be to target Thomas no matter what. We do what we have to do to build the absolute best offensive line.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    What would make you think that Cincy would trade out of the pick and not pick him up themselves?
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Iím for playing Lock, but I donít think itís an absolute must before deciding to draft Burrow, if Cincinnati will let them.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!