View Poll Results: So What's The Starting QB Plan You Endorse Beyond The Season?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Play Lock Soon, and Determine If He's The Guy (or go Draft/Vet Signing)

58 96.67%
  • Allen Or Draft/Vet Signing

1 1.67%
  • Flacco Or Draft/Vet Signing

0 0%
  • Draft or Vet Signing

1 1.67%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Bridgewater would have been so much better than an aging, non mobile QB, who lost his job to a rookie.
    Committing to a young franchise QB seems to be working out pretty darn well over in Bmore.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Committing to a young franchise QB seems to be working out pretty darn well over in Bmore.
    Let me think about it for a...…………...YES IT HAS!!!

That was a brilliant draft pick, by the former GM - Ozzie Newsome, who has a track record of excellent drafts!

And what I agree with, is when experts praise Harbaugh and company for not forcing a player to fit their system, rather fit the team around the skills and style of the new QB.....a rookie at that!

Let me think about it for a...…………...YES IT HAS!!!

That was a brilliant draft pick, by the former GM - Ozzie Newsome, who has a track record of excellent drafts!

And what I agree with, is when experts praise Harbaugh and company for not forcing a player to fit their system, rather fit the team around the skills and style of the new QB.....a rookie at that!
    That's the difference between being innovative and adaptive vs. dogmatic and stubborn. There is a noticeable shift in the NFL. It doesn't have to be an RPO offense with a running QB. However, there has been a noticeable shift to committing to young QBs and adapting your offense to suit their strengths. The days of relegating young QBs to the bench for 3 years are over.

To be clear, I don't guarantee commitment to a young franchise QB will work instantly. I do know that constantly bringing in bridge QBs while you hide a developmental QB on the bench takes too long and its making the Broncos fall way behind.

Lock has all of the physical talent in the world. Arm strength, good build, mobile, etc. letís see if he has it upstairs, give him 5 games and see if he has the potential. Outside of Burrow (who will go #1) Iím not crazy about any QBs in next years class. Or should I say none of them are better than Lock!

In the press conference today, at least Fangio didn't rule it out (Lock starting this week). Said they would decide in next couple of days (duh). I guess that's progress?

That's the difference between being innovative and adaptive vs. dogmatic and stubborn. There is a noticeable shift in the NFL. It doesn't have to be an RPO offense with a running QB. However, there has been a noticeable shift to committing to young QBs and adapting your offense to suit their strengths. The days of relegating young QBs to the bench for 3 years are over.

To be clear, I don't guarantee commitment to a young franchise QB will work instantly. I do know that constantly bringing in bridge QBs while you hide a developmental QB on the bench takes too long and its making the Broncos fall way behind.
    Good stuff Rocket! I have to be brutally honest, but I am tired of Elway and his gang, given the criticality of such decisions. Almost everyone who responded to this poll see it the same....it is obvious....play the guy.

I have no idea what their agenda might be, but I could not care less. He's either injured or not. He should be ready enough to give it a go.

Based on what's ahead, this offseason, this one player could not be more important in the long term strategy. Not for who he is, but what he stands for. He is possibly the guy, but we don't know. Why? Because this stubborn group can not see the forest for the trees. They keep missing it in terms of the importance of The QB and The Oline. It's like they have "QB Whisperer" powers, and can turn so so vets and backups to become long term starters. Not happening!!!

Stop with the current plan. it sucks! Do the most logical thing that most of us could tell them. FIND OUT if your beloved 2nd rounder has it or not. The season is done. This is the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good stuff Rocket! I have to be brutally honest, but I am tired of Elway and his gang, given the criticality of such decisions. Almost everyone who responded to this poll see it the same....it is obvious....play the guy.

I have no idea what their agenda might be, but I could not care less. He's either injured or not. He should be ready enough to give it a go.

Based on what's ahead, this offseason, this one player could not be more important in the long term strategy. Not for who he is, but what he stands for. He is possibly the guy, but we don't know. Why? Because this stubborn group can not see the forest for the trees. They keep missing it in terms of the importance of The QB and The Oline. It's like they have "QB Whisperer" powers, and can turn so so vets and backups to become long term starters. Not happening!!!

Stop with the current plan. it sucks! Do the most logical thing that most of us could tell them. FIND OUT if your beloved 2nd rounder has it or not. The season is done. This is the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Right? They have this golden path laid in front of them. They have no hopes of winning this year, theyíre set to have a high draft pick, there is a good group of QBs and OTs in the draft. If they give Lock a look and he looks like he has the goods, then we have some nice picks to get some o-line help high in the draft. If he looks completely lost, then they can pick a QB high in the draft and commit to him immediately. Itís a golden opportunity this year to change your philosophy.

Right? They have this golden path laid in front of them. They have no hopes of winning this year, they’re set to have a high draft pick, there is a good group of QBs and OTs in the draft. If they give Lock a look and he looks like he has the goods, then we have some nice picks to get some o-line help high in the draft. If he looks completely lost, then they can pick a QB high in the draft and commit to him immediately. It’s a golden opportunity this year to change your philosophy.
    Is it cocky of me to ask this.... isn't this an easy set of decisions to make? I mean, really easy!

Not like what I mentioned earlier, Ozzie Newsome deciding to go with a mobile young man named Lamar, late first round, even though he looks nothing like a Raven QB. And The Ravens brass not only draft him, but build the team more around him then otherwise. Now that's gutsy stuff!

But our current situation is 101, simple as can be stuff. That's why almost everyone of us endorses the Lock approach, followed by the draft (if he fails to progress)….and given we are done for the season. I mean, how simple can it get????

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Broncos moved to the 5th pick after the loss today. Need to lose out to pick 5th or potentially higher. Starting Lock is fine to get a preview but it wonít be nearly enough snaps to fully evaluate his potential. Trade Von, package draft picks and move up for Joe Burrow. No way would I trust Lock as the long term answer at this point.
    I hate the idea of trading Von for two reasons. (though I'm not disagreeing with you)

1. Von darn-near singlehandedly won SB50 for us so I will always be partial to him

2. The picks we get in return would be wasted as long as Elway/whoever is still in charge. (IMO)
    Sept. 10, 2006, Den@StL 10-18, Sept. 28, 2008, Den@K.C. 19-33, Nov. 16, 2014, Den@Stl 7-22 <--Broncos games I've attended

Totally agree, nowhere to go but up. You selected him, put him in position to prove he can lead a NFL team.

Quote Originally Posted by colowoz View Post
    Totally agree, nowhere to go but up. You selected him, put him in position to prove he can lead a NFL team.
    Iím all for that but could we actually draft highly graded O-linemen over who the FO thinks will turn out to be good players!

If Lock has it, will find out but it wouldnít hurt to put some strong blockers in front of him.
    We already have Dalton Risner and Andy Janovich, letís compliment them with the additions of Andrew Thomas and Tyler Biadasz if possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Iím all for that but could we actually draft highly graded O-linemen over who the FO thinks will turn out to be good players!

If Lock has it, will find out but it wouldnít hurt to put some strong blockers in front of him.
    We already have Dalton Risner and Andy Janovich, letís compliment them with the additions of Andrew Thomas and Tyler Biadasz if possible!
    I'm hoping this is the route they go .

Somewhere in all of this, when it comes to drafting, there's a "lost value" factor that a team has to manage/monitor. I am using that to describe the players you did not draft, because you made a poor decision on someone else.

And before I go too far, every team experiences this. No team is perfect in the draft.

Regardless, say we do not know what we have at QB, and draft yet another one. How many fairly high QB picks have we failed on, in the last 5 years or so. Translate those picks to players we needed in other positions, and the "lost value" goes up significantly. Not to forget, because a team misses out on players in various positions of need, they may end up signing FAs to cover for their mistakes. That becomes very costly. And sometimes you overpay in FA, or the player does not live up.

So yes, drafting is not a perfect science. But failure to acquire players "you need", will eventually cost you time and big money.....and yes, in the W column.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    I'm hoping this is the route they go .
    If Devonte Booker could suddenly become a better running back, heíd be another great addition to the starting line up because dude can block as well.

I know Tua, Herbert, Jeudy are pretty and flashy but we need stronger blocking up front to give any of these QBs a fair chance.

I know Matt Ryan and Pat Mahomes names have been brought up and they adjust well but asking any young QB to be like them is a lot to ask.

I just want better blocking upfront, Im old school and it starts in the trenches for me.

Hmmmm…..just wondering which option Elway and his group would check off in this poll????

He'd probably just send in a written comment, something like, "we're going with our plan A".