• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RocketArm006
    Totally Worth It
    • May 2008

Pat Bowlen: The True Architect

Pat Bowlen was one of the most respected and adored owners in all of sports. His contributions and love of the sport have been well documented. He made this organization great and his influence kept this organization great for over four decades. He was always willing to do anything possible to keep this franchise a class act and one of the winningest franchises in the NFL. He is the real reason why this franchise maintained such a high level of class and competitiveness.

How quickly this organization has fallen since his parting. It has become glaringly clear that Pat Bowlen was really the true architect behind all of the success we have enjoyed over the years. I hope this franchise can regain some of it's legacy, but I fear it will never be the same now that he is gone.

I give Pat Bowlen full credit for the winning culture and family atmosphere that used to exist here. I still mourn his parting and I believe he should live on in all of our memories as The Greatest Bronco Of All Time!!!

The tragic fall from grace we have witnessed is completely due to the fact that nobody in this trust and regime can hold a candle to his vision and unwavering commitment to winning and positive culture.

Pat Bowlen's greatness should never be forgotten or underestimated. He is truly the greatest owner we could have ever wished for and his legacy should remain in our memory forever.

I miss you, Mr. Bowlen. You were the best thing that has ever happened to this franchise and you will always remain the Greatest Bronco in my heart and mind.
  • Sam_Z
    Banned User
    • Dec 2004

This FO doesn’t seem to care as much as Pat did!

Comment

• rst08tierney
      VISIONS OF CONFETTI
      • Nov 2006

The Raiders were the same with Al Davis at the helm into the early 2000's before his health got the best of him.

Men like Bowlen and Davis worked hard to be where they ended up but when the spoiled kids take over they dont care the same.

Its just about the money moving forward.

Comment

• RocketArm006
        Totally Worth It
        • May 2008

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
        The Raiders were the same with Al Davis at the helm into the early 2000's before his health got the best of him.

Men like Bowlen and Davis worked hard to be where they ended up but when the spoiled kids take over they dont care the same.

Its just about the money moving forward.
        You're absolutely right. I'm no Al Davis fan, but he's another great example of a great owner.

That said, I wrote this as a tribute and dirge to the man who made this franchise so great for so long.

People can credit whoever they want, but my loyalty lies with the true genius behind all of the Broncos success - Pat Bowlen.

Comment

• RocketArm006
          Totally Worth It
          • May 2008

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
          This FO doesn’t seem to care as much as Pat did!
          Pat put his heart and soul into this team. He was a great man who truly wanted the best for everyone around him. I had the pleasure of meeting him. He was a very genuine and friendly person. He didn't treat me like he was above me in any way. Just a very genuine person.

It is obvious he made this team what it is. The people in charge now aren't even close.

Comment

• AZBobalu
            Playmaker
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
            Pat Bowlen was one of the most respected and adored owners in all of sports. His contributions and love of the sport have been well documented. He made this organization great and his influence kept this organization great for over four decades. He was always willing to do anything possible to keep this franchise a class act and one of the winningest franchises in the NFL. He is the real reason why this franchise maintained such a high level of class and competitiveness.

How quickly this organization has fallen since his parting. It has become glaringly clear that Pat Bowlen was really the true architect behind all of the success we have enjoyed over the years. I hope this franchise can regain some of it's legacy, but I fear it will never be the same now that he is gone.

I give Pat Bowlen full credit for the winning culture and family atmosphere that used to exist here. I still mourn his parting and I believe he should live on in all of our memories as The Greatest Bronco Of All Time!!!

The tragic fall from grace we have witnessed is completely due to the fact that nobody in this trust and regime can hold a candle to his vision and unwavering commitment to winning and positive culture.

Pat Bowlen's greatness should never be forgotten or underestimated. He is truly the greatest owner we could have ever wished for and his legacy should remain in our memory forever.

I miss you, Mr. Bowlen. You were the best thing that has ever happened to this franchise and you will always remain the Greatest Bronco in my heart and mind.
            The BEST post on any of these threads in a long time. I think every fan is learning who Mr B was and how important to the Broncos he was now. Leadership, a love for his team and the fans, and most of all the sport. He got it, which seems lost on the the folks running the team now.

Comment

• RocketArm006
              Totally Worth It
              • May 2008

Originally posted by AZBobalu View Post
              The BEST post on any of these threads in a long time. I think every fan is learning who Mr B was and how important to the Broncos he was now. Leadership, a love for his team and the fans, and most of all the sport. He got it, which seems lost on the the folks running the team now.
              Thank you. Pat Bowlen deserves to be known as the greatest Bronco of all time. Period.

Comment

• AZBobalu
                Playmaker
                • Jan 2005

Thank you. Pat Bowlen deserves to be known as the greatest Bronco of all time. Period.
                He is. No superbowls and no amazing win record without him. A truly quiet legend that let his actions speak

Comment

• ozzies94ta
                  Captain
                  • Jan 2007

It got a tad dusty at work all of a sudden
                  Sept. 10, 2006, Den@StL 10-18, Sept. 28, 2008, [email protected]. 19-33, Nov. 16, 2014, Den@Stl 7-22 <--Broncos games I've attended

Comment

• FL BRONCO
                    Traveling Mod
                    • Mar 2010

My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• colowoz
                      Bench Warmer
                      • Jan 2006

Question is will the team get back to where it was with his leadership. Today may be a good start with his daughter learning the business side , and eventually total control.

Comment

• RocketArm006
                        Totally Worth It
                        • May 2008

Originally posted by colowoz View Post
                        Question is will the team get back to where it was with his leadership. Today may be a good start with his daughter learning the business side , and eventually total control.
                        I certainly hope so. He had a unique vision and commitment to a positive culture. I do find it a bit fishy that the trust has a pretty hefty hand in the situation, but I’m hoping for the best. We‘ve been missing a sense of comradery for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                        X