Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    The jury is still out on that. The Chargers totally shut him down in the second half so we'll see going forward.

Aside from forcing the pass that resulted in the INT, I think he looked pretty good in his first outing against an equally bad team. I think he could have done more but I'm left questioning how much was playing conservative and lackluster play-calling and how much was it their defense adjusting to him. I'm sure it's a combination but how much, IDK.
    I saw, with my own eyes, Lock going through progressions and directing traffic after the snap. I also saw, with my own eyes, Allen locking onto receivers and getting fatalistic tunnel vision after the snap. I also saw Lock go to the quick open guy enough that he is making at least some good pre-snap reads, yet the quick plays that Allen made appeared to be to his only option on the play. So let me rephrase that. Lock reads the Defense better and it's obvious. Play calling was crap for a lot of the second half. I think they were trying to establish a run game and when it didn't work Scang couldn't come up with complimentary pass play calls. That's understandable. I would imagine that they tried to build a simple game plan and didn't think they'd be defending a big lead by the end of the first quarter. Still...room for improvement all around.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    I've been really hard on McManus and I stand by what I've said. But I really love the passion he displayed today. He's telling me something. Did you know he came out after halftime and hit a practice kick from 65 and nailed it? Didn't count but ..............
    Good for him. I did not know that.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    That was a good call on that pass interference.
    You’re not allowed to impede the receiver even if you are faking like you’re going for the ball. He should have ran to the ball the moment he realized it was going to the outside. Instead, he clearly stepped in Sutton’s way.

I wish the Broncos had found a way to generate some offense outside the first quarter.

They need to work on keeping a team down once they’re up by multiple scores.
    Sure it was opportunistic ..........was a good call......... but

........it's part of what's wrong with the NFL nowadays
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

In the post game speech Fangio gives McManus a game ball and McManus says,"...and I think not kicking the 65 yarder was your worst and best idea..."

A couple of things from the presser; Fangio didn't want McManus to kick the long FG because he thought it might lead McManus to change his mechanics which would mess up later attempts, and it was Fangio's decision to go for a long sideline pass that ended up being the PI call that changed the game. I feel better about the Head Coach hearing those two things. At least there was some thought about the FG try and there was a methodology to the decision. I don't agree with it but it wasn't just some random gutless call.

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    So does this SD jumps us in the draft order?

Went from 5th to 11th and the Chargers are one spot ahead of us.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    A couple of things from the presser; Fangio didn't want McManus to kick the long FG because he thought it might lead McManus to change his mechanics which would mess up later attempts, and it was Fangio's decision to go for a long sideline pass that ended up being the PI call that changed the game. I feel better about the Head Coach hearing those two things. At least there was some thought about the FG try and there was a methodology to the decision. I don't agree with it but it wasn't just some random gutless call.
    Remember last season when VJ went for the 62 yard FG with 18 seconds left in the half? McManus missed and the Texans ran a couple of plays and kicked a FG. Nearly the entire fan bases ripped VJ for another bad decision. Although there was only 1 second left, attempting the FG risked a blocked kick for a TD return. Aside from what Fangio said about affecting McManus’ mechanics it was the right decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Remember last season when VJ went for the 62 yard FG with 18 seconds left in the half? McManus missed and the Texans ran a couple of plays and kicked a FG. Nearly the entire fan bases ripped VJ for another bad decision. Although there was only 1 second left, attempting the FG risked a blocked kick for a TD return. Aside from what Fangio said about affecting McManus’ mechanics it was the right decision.
    I dunno. I thought the potential points with 1 second left outweighed the risk. Also, the clunky play calling and indecisiveness that led up to that moment was just really bad all around. Remember they attempted (and failed) to run the clock in the previous series, gave up quick points after punting and then got into range for a record setting FG, but then tripped over their own feet and couldn’t decide, so they threw a long pass to finish the half.

It was just a real bad several series going into the half. I personally wanted them to try for the points, but it’s all moot at this point. Other than the atrocious coaching going into the half.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    I've been really hard on McManus and I stand by what I've said. But I really love the passion he displayed today. He's telling me something. Did you know he came out after halftime and hit a practice kick from 65 and nailed it? Didn't count but ..............
    Doing it without any rush, a tee holding the ball, and the placement of your choice is a lot different than a game situation. And I haven’t seen that kick, so did he change his mechanics like he would in a game situation or did he get a full run up? There probably isn’t a K in the NFL that can’t kick the ball 65 yards, we see them kick further than that on kickoffs all the time yet the majority of the time Kickers are attempting a FG like that they come up short.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    I dunno. I thought the potential points with 1 second left outweighed the risk. Also, the clunky play calling and indecisiveness that led up to that moment was just really bad all around. Remember they attempted (and failed) to run the clock in the previous series, gave up quick points after punting and then got into range for a record setting FG, but then tripped over their own feet and couldn’t decide, so they threw a long pass to finish the half.

It was just a real bad several series going into the half. I personally wanted them to try for the points, but it’s all moot at this point. Other than the atrocious coaching going into the half.
    You're right. One second on the clock and a try at an NFL record. It certainly was an acceptable risk.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post

It would have been cool to see McManus get a chance to set the record.

Justin Simmons: “You know at first I was like, ‘why would we try for a 65-yarder?’ But BMac is one of my closest friends on the team, and I asked him later, ‘did you really want to kick that?’ And he said, ‘If I get a shot and I make it, I’m in the NFL record book.’ So I respected that, and I was like, ‘yeah, you should have kicked it.’

[Hearing about Fangio’s comment that kicking a 65-yarder could mess with McManus’ mechanics] - “That’s a very Vic response.”

[Hearing McManus’ retort asking if it messes with a QB’s mechanics after a hail mary?] “That’s a very BMac response"

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/...ag-to-his-game