Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Weapons for Lock

I think Lock is the guy, so now we need to build around him.
    Other than an Oline I think finding another Wr is a top priority for the offense
    Sutton is a stud obviously and Patrick is great too but kind of a similar mold.
    I think its becoming clear that Hamilton isnt great so unless Winfree is it I think we need another slot or speed guy

What do you guys think?

I think the biggest thing the offence needs, is reps and maturity. So many young players, and so many players with too few reps. They need a speed guy, but with Sutton, Patrick and Fans they've got a lot of big weapons. I wouldn't mind seeing them draft another speedy RB (Chuba Hubbard) and then using Lindsay in the slot more. Make Lindsay more of an all over the field weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I think the biggest thing the offence needs, is reps and maturity. So many young players, and so many players with too few reps. They need a speed guy, but with Sutton, Patrick and Fans they've got a lot of big weapons. I wouldn't mind seeing them draft another speedy RB (Chuba Hubbard) and then using Lindsay in the slot more. Make Lindsay more of an all over the field weapon.
    Yup , agreed

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Yup , agreed
    I'd love to see them add a veteran speed guy. Someone like what Ted Ginn was for Carolina for a couple of years. A veteran guy that adds speed to give you the vertical threat, adds in the return game, but also knows his role so won't say a word about being the third or fourth target in the pass game. And maybe Spencer can become that (it was his role in the CFL) but they need to develop that aspect.

He needs some beef and talent on that online..and a reliable slot receiver...and I think life is good...
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

After today's win, the Broncos will most likely end up selecting
    in the 10-20 range.

With top OL prospects gone, I'd be OK with WR in R1.
    WR Lamb or Higgins would be ideal.

Sutton opposite Lamb on the perimeter would leave the middle
    of the field open for Fant and Lindsay.

RB Etienne in R2 followed by WR Devonta Smith in R3
    would give Lock speedy weapons for days.

Sutton.....Fant................Smith........Lamb
    ...........................Lock
    ...................Lindsay/Etienne

OL in FA.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    ...as much as I want us to draft o-line early & often I would not be upset if we drafted Jerry Jeudy or CeeDee Lamb with our very first pic if either is available when we first pick.

My thoughts taken from the "Game Day" thread.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    My thoughts taken from the "Game Day" thread.
    Ahem.....
    https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...03-CeeDee-Lamb

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    LOL!

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

If we draft an wr with the way our oline is. I may be out. We need a starter at lt at og at oc and potentially at rt. We may need to triple dip. Our first round pick should go into the best o-line prospect on the board

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    If we draft an wr with the way our oline is. I may be out. We need a starter at lt at og at oc and potentially at rt. We may need to triple dip. Our first round pick should go into the best o-line prospect on the board
    That's why I like Bryan Edwards. He is more talented then the stats show. If you watch him it's the team around him that drag him down.

I would love O line to be our 1st pick though but if Wirfs is not in that means reaching for a LT

Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    That's why I like Bryan Edwards. He is more talented then the stats show. If you watch him it's the team around him that drag him down.

I would love O line to be our 1st pick though but if Wirfs is not in that means reaching for a LT
    if thomas is gone and Wirfs doesn't declear i would also look at the option of trading down, but we need help there more then at WR. we have a few good optios and some good developmental prospects. we need to get Lock an O-line so he isn't as rushed and we can develop a running attack.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    if thomas is gone and Wirfs doesn't declear i would also look at the option of trading down, but we need help there more then at WR. we have a few good optios and some good developmental prospects. we need to get Lock an O-line so he isn't as rushed and we can develop a running attack.
    I would agree with that. It was thought S was a problem, but Kareem has made much more of an effort to not be out of position. CB might be a problem but if we keep Harris we might be able to find a number 2 outside the 1st. LB is a major problem but there are guys in the middle of the draft worth targeting.

We have several needs but nothing as glaring as our LT. Falling back can also make those other needs fill up easier. Granted it might be hard to fall back as well

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    After today's win, the Broncos will most likely end up selecting
    in the 10-20 range.

With top OL prospects gone, I'd be OK with WR in R1.
    WR Lamb or Higgins would be ideal.

Sutton opposite Lamb on the perimeter would leave the middle
    of the field open for Fant and Lindsay.

RB Etienne in R2 followed by WR Devonta Smith in R3
    would give Lock speedy weapons for days.

Sutton.....Fant................Smith........Lamb
    ...........................Lock
    ...................Lindsay/Etienne

OL in FA.
    That approach hasn't worked out for us and to boot, it's costly with the cap.

I'm OK trading up to get the best OT we can.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    I would agree with that. It was thought S was a problem, but Kareem has made much more of an effort to not be out of position. CB might be a problem but if we keep Harris we might be able to find a number 2 outside the 1st. LB is a major problem but there are guys in the middle of the draft worth targeting.

We have several needs but nothing as glaring as our LT. Falling back can also make those other needs fill up easier. Granted it might be hard to fall back as well
    i wouldn't expect harris to be here next year, i do like Bausby how he was playing before his injury was really nice he also showed up in pre-season. he would be my in house #2 Cb if he wasn't injuried.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait