Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 67
  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,627
    Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    That approach hasn't worked out for us and to boot, it's costly with the cap.

    I'm OK trading up to get the best OT we can.
    This team has too many holes to fix.
    I don't think trading away draft picks is smart at this juncture.

    If WR Jerry Judy is available when we select without moving up,
    then I think he's our WR opposite Sutton.

    I would be content with any of these pending-OL free agents
    as stop-gap players until Denver can draft them without losing
    draft capital. (Munchak should get his guys)

    https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/offensive-line/

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,627
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    I see us losing Wolfe...too many injuries...CHJ gone, . I am guessing we reach out to Shelby....and Simmons....see if we can get them to stay...

    The ja-Wuan situation is a mess... highest paid RT... whoís not emotionally available to the team..

    I hope we can keep a few of our homegrown guys around... this team is building a core..
    Does Denver have an opt-out in RT James' contract for not being mentally fit to perform the job he was hired to do?

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    16,508
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i don't think we need WR it could help but it is not a huge need

    i would have OT OG and OC over it along with CB and ILB. we need a speedy ILB with top cover skills. cb is kinda scary with CHJ probably out. plus i would like to look into adding some more Beef to our o-line if we could get another 330 pound DE-DT hybrid with a bit a pass rush skills it would be a major upgrade to our Defense. we need to our Akiem Hicks. if we can get a really scary consistant pass rush on the QB we will be in a great spot. all we need a few guys who cause penetraition or pressure from the inside.

    plus if you want a slot WR then i would suggest you can find those easier later in the draft. we have a pretty solid Core of WR with Sutton Looking to be an asending playing at the position. i also really like our Youth at that position in Fred Brown and Jawuan Winfree. our WR core is also super young the oldest WR we have under contract is Diontae Spencer at 27. i could also see him taking a step or two forward and compete for a starting WR spot. his speed is undeniable
    I disagree. Sanders is going to finish as the 2nd WR with the most catches and yards and thatís with him playing less than half a season with us and getting phased out the offense. Brown is just a guy, Spencer offers little outside of gadget stuff on offense, Hamilton has 6 games without a catch and a handful without even a single target, Winfree canít get on the field for whatever reason and has durability concerns. Patrick flashed last season and against the Vikings this season, I think he can be a solid option but going into next season with this group will be a mistake.

    Like I said I believe WR, OT are our biggest needs with CB not too far behind. Then ILB although i like Watson and you can find good coverage LBs later in the draft. CBs arenít generally very good their rookie year so Iíd be more comfortable going with a WR or an OT. RG should be fine with Wilkinson there next season, I donít think replacing McGovern is a huge need. James will still be here so hopefully we get something out of him but we probably need at least 2 OTs in the draft.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I disagree. Sanders is going to finish as the 2nd WR with the most catches and yards and thatís with him playing less than half a season with us and getting phased out the offense. Brown is just a guy, Spencer offers little outside of gadget stuff on offense, Hamilton has 6 games without a catch and a handful without even a single target, Winfree canít get on the field for whatever reason and has durability concerns. Patrick flashed last season and against the Vikings this season, I think he can be a solid option but going into next season with this group will be a mistake.

    Like I said I believe WR, OT are our biggest needs with CB not too far behind. Then ILB although i like Watson and you can find good coverage LBs later in the draft. CBs arenít generally very good their rookie year so Iíd be more comfortable going with a WR or an OT. RG should be fine with Wilkinson there next season, I donít think replacing McGovern is a huge need. James will still be here so hopefully we get something out of him but we probably need at least 2 OTs in the draft.
    Spencer has the speed to contribute he is a bit raw but he has elite speed.


    It also generally take 2 to 3 years for a wr to break out. You have to be alot more precise with routes not to mention run more complex stuff in the nfl. Year 3 is a break out year for alot of great wr. Wr is one of the hardest position to adjust between college and pro. Just cause every one is super athletic so you have to be near perfect to pull it off. Your giving up on Hamilton way to early.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,988
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    But would you go WR over OT in round one? I would prefer we go the reverse, because a 2nd round WR should be just fine! An elite LT would be more imperative from my perspective.

    And the very thought of potentially starting next season with a youthful, talented backfield, along with at least 2 quality WRs, supported by an improved Oline, gets me even more pumped!
    If it's between Andrew Thomas and Jerry Jeudy where we pick, I'm taking Thomas. If it's between Tristan Wirfs and Ceedee Lamb where we pick, I'm taking Wirfs. But that's where it stops.

    I do agree a 2nd round receiver would still be very good (I mean, look at Sutton lol). But the only elite OT prospects I see are Thomas and Wirfs, and I do believe Wirfs could play LT in the NFL.

    I would like to see a CB chosen within the first two rounds too.
    2014 Adopt-A-Bronco: #43 T.J. WARD & #38 QUINTON CARTER
    2013 Adopt-A-Bronco: #25 CHRIS HARRIS

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    If it's between Andrew Thomas and Jerry Jeudy where we pick, I'm taking Thomas. If it's between Tristan Wirfs and Ceedee Lamb where we pick, I'm taking Wirfs. But that's where it stops.

    I do agree a 2nd round receiver would still be very good (I mean, look at Sutton lol). But the only elite OT prospects I see are Thomas and Wirfs, and I do believe Wirfs could play LT in the NFL.

    I would like to see a CB chosen within the first two rounds too.
    This....except for the CB in first 2 rounds.

    I agree that Wirfs and Thomas are the only 2 worthy of a top 15 selection. After that the drop off from the leatherwoods of the world to the Wanoghos and Cosmi's is negligible when you consider the rawness and high ceilings of the latters. Mix in Manchuk as a their mentor and I could easily see their value after 2 years being higher than Leatherwoods etc when taking in draft position. Im high on their intangibles and what chuk can do with them. Add to the idea that we double dip on oline, and within 2 years of his coaching we could have one heck of a line.

    Now based on where we stand draft wise, I could easily see due to the Lamb and Juedy being 1a and 1b this year at WR that their value will fall right in line with BPA and need. Lock needs a true 2nd. Now if one of the top defensive studs fall Simmons, Okudah and or Brown, then all bets are off. But based on where everything currently (pre combine, physicals, underclassmen declerations, FA etc) it is not out of the realm of possibility that we draft one of the top WRs, nor would it be bad drafting.
    I need more Oline, please and thank you

  7. #37
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    This....except for the CB in first 2 rounds.

    I agree that Wirfs and Thomas are the only 2 worthy of a top 15 selection. After that the drop off from the leatherwoods of the world to the Wanoghos and Cosmi's is negligible when you consider the rawness and high ceilings of the latters. Mix in Manchuk as a their mentor and I could easily see their value after 2 years being higher than Leatherwoods etc when taking in draft position. Im high on their intangibles and what chuk can do with them. Add to the idea that we double dip on oline, and within 2 years of his coaching we could have one heck of a line.

    Now based on where we stand draft wise, I could easily see due to the Lamb and Juedy being 1a and 1b this year at WR that their value will fall right in line with BPA and need. Lock needs a true 2nd. Now if one of the top defensive studs fall Simmons, Okudah and or Brown, then all bets are off. But based on where everything currently (pre combine, physicals, underclassmen declerations, FA etc) it is not out of the realm of possibility that we draft one of the top WRs, nor would it be bad drafting.
    I kinda disagree with you leatherwood game from this year at tackle and stuff shows he has a massive him upside. He struggles a bit with str though. But he is worth a top ten pick.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    16,609
    IMO corner is one of our biggest needs.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    IMO corner is one of our biggest needs.
    Agreed. The whole position is a question mark. Will CHJ come back next year? Will Bryce Callahan ever be healthy? Who will step up consistently out of Davontae Harris, Isaac Yiadom, Duke Dawson, or DeVante Bausby (assuming those guys are brought back next year)? We lack stability at a position we were once elite in. Fangioís defense doesnít rely on its corners as much as it relies on its defensive linemen, BUT we need talent at that position. Iím all for a Day 2 corner, and I really like Shaun Wade or AJ Terrell for us where we pick.

    I would say our biggest needs are LT, CB, WR, DL, and IOL.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    Agreed. The whole position is a question mark. Will CHJ come back next year? Will Bryce Callahan ever be healthy? Who will step up consistently out of Davontae Harris, Isaac Yiadom, Duke Dawson, or DeVante Bausby (assuming those guys are brought back next year)? We lack stability at a position we were once elite in. Fangioís defense doesnít rely on its corners as much as it relies on its defensive linemen, BUT we need talent at that position. Iím all for a Day 2 corner, and I really like Shaun Wade or AJ Terrell for us where we pick.

    I would say our biggest needs are LT, CB, WR, DL, and IOL.
    i do still want a speedy ilb to compete with/replace Todd Davis. i would like to see us get more speed at that position

    also i think a big question is Simmons i think you have to fanchise him if you can't resign him, but Safety may be a question mark coming up

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i do still want a speedy ilb to compete with/replace Todd Davis. i would like to see us get more speed at that position

    also i think a big question is Simmons i think you have to fanchise him if you can't resign him, but Safety may be a question mark coming up
    We have been needing that speedy, sideline-to-sideline guy at LB for awhile now. AJ Johnson is the starter and the heart of our defense for the foreseeable future, and I think the coaches will challenge Josey Jewell to compete with Todd Davis. While Davis isn't the most athletic, fluid guy, he's been steady at the position. Unfortunately that means we may not see a talent upgrade there for awhile as our FO fills out the holes in our roster and continues rebuilding.

    I think our #1 priority is to bring back Simmons. I'm not so sure if Will Parks will be re-signed but I would love for him to have the chance to continue developing in Fangio's defense. I think Kareem Jackson plays out the remainder of his contract with us, so really safety depth is the only concern. I would love Antoine Winfield Jr. in the 3rd round, but I could see any safety we draft struggle to get snaps on defense early on. Overall, our entire secondary needs talent and depth across the board.
    2014 Adopt-A-Bronco: #43 T.J. WARD & #38 QUINTON CARTER
    2013 Adopt-A-Bronco: #25 CHRIS HARRIS

  12. #42
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    We have been needing that speedy, sideline-to-sideline guy at LB for awhile now. AJ Johnson is the starter and the heart of our defense for the foreseeable future, and I think the coaches will challenge Josey Jewell to compete with Todd Davis. While Davis isn't the most athletic, fluid guy, he's been steady at the position. Unfortunately that means we may not see a talent upgrade there for awhile as our FO fills out the holes in our roster and continues rebuilding.

    I think our #1 priority is to bring back Simmons. I'm not so sure if Will Parks will be re-signed but I would love for him to have the chance to continue developing in Fangio's defense. I think Kareem Jackson plays out the remainder of his contract with us, so really safety depth is the only concern. I would love Antoine Winfield Jr. in the 3rd round, but I could see any safety we draft struggle to get snaps on defense early on. Overall, our entire secondary needs talent and depth across the board.
    Winfield JR has looked great i would love him

    i am still on the train we need a coverage backer DAvis is getting Exposed covering Hbers and TE. mainly Hb cause Johnson seems to be covering TE alot. WE need a Lb to match up better in coverage then DAvis cause he is MEh to very Below Average in coverage and is a bit slow to cover the elite Receiving backs in this league, and if we have Johnson mainly on TE it adds a really easy spot to attack.

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,054
    I would love us to get Lamb or Shenault both high potential Big Play receivers. Either one of them I would be verry happy with. Donít know where there supposed to be drafted.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    8,538
    the other thing i do want to say. WR tend to take a year to 2 years to get used to the speed and the preciseness of the routes they have to run. the top WR in yrds this year is metcaft at 700ish. and like there has only been a short list of WR who hit 1000 yards on there rookie season. i am not 100% we can expect even the top rookie to step in and be better as a rookie then what we have now.

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    6,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Montoya View Post
    I would love us to get Lamb or Shenault both high potential Big Play receivers. Either one of them I would be verry happy with. Donít know where there supposed to be drafted.
    Shenault might be gone before we pick.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •