Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    the other thing i do want to say. WR tend to take a year to 2 years to get used to the speed and the preciseness of the routes they have to run. the top WR in yrds this year is metcaft at 700ish. and like there has only been a short list of WR who hit 1000 yards on there rookie season. i am not 100% we can expect even the top rookie to step in and be better as a rookie then what we have now.
    I believe the rest of our wide receiving corp barely has that and not even close if you remove sanders. 700 yards would be a boon but more importantly it would be the threat thst we dont have to keep Ds from bracketing Sutton and Fant in the red zone
    I need more Oline, please and thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    I believe the rest of our wide receiving corp barely has that and not even close if you remove sanders. 700 yards would be a boon but more importantly it would be the threat thst we dont have to keep Ds from bracketing Sutton and Fant in the red zone
    your giving up on our core way to early most these guys are second year guys who has 1 year of being in the nfl or less. this is not an experienced WR core and one could easily still break out.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

your giving up on our core way to early most these guys are second year guys who has 1 year of being in the nfl or less. this is not an experienced WR core and one could easily still break out.
    I just dont see anything beyond roll guys. No one with the combined hands, speed, tenacity and attitude that makes defensive coordinators take notice and gameplan. Theres 100 others just like them around the league. JAGs all of them. Youd know of they had IT. And none of them appear to do so. Is that giving up on them. No. Just accepting their limitations and acknowledging that defenses will keep doubling or presnap shading both Fant and Sutton. We need a legit threat to help open it up for these guys. The last 2 games that to be the case.

Yes sutton had 2 amazing td catches. But it died after that
    Between ultra conservative playcalling and the defense begging someone else to step up (which they failed to do....looking at you hamilton) we got stuck...again.

Lets open up this thing. We want to truly see what we got, grab a top tier WR, go after 2-3 olinemen between the draft and FA, grab another CB and DL in thr draft, and franchise Simmons. Lets roll!

CeeDee Lamb or bust.

Well, if we miss out on Jeudy/Lamb there is still so much talent at WR this year. If I’m Elway, I’m salivating at how the first three rounds could play out and where we could possibly snag great receiving talent at each pick we have there.

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    CeeDee Lamb or bust.

Well, if we miss out on Jeudy/Lamb there is still so much talent at WR this year. If I’m Elway, I’m salivating at how the first three rounds could play out and where we could possibly snag great receiving talent at each pick we have there.
    If we draft a multiple wr this draft expecially in the first 3 rounds I am out till elways not the gm

If we draft a multiple wr this draft expecially in the first 3 rounds I am out till elways not the gm
    To your earlier point, I think Hamilton still has the potential to be a really good WR in the NFL and he has been running amazing routes this year, it’s just that the ball isn’t finding him and he had two bad drops (compare that to how much DT was dropping back in the day). Patrick is a nice find and I hope he continues to develop. Winfree has yet to prove himself but I think he’s talented if preseason is any indication.

There’s no doubting that this core is young. But why not grab a top, reliable talent with ONE of the FIVE picks we have in the first 3 rounds? I am firmly against drafting multiple receivers, so I agree with you on that. It definitely wouldn’t make sense.

The best weapon for Lock is oline,,, it doesn’t need to be Dallas good... but top 10 would be nice....
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    The best weapon for Lock is oline,,, it doesn’t need to be Dallas good... but top 10 would be nice....
    Agreed. Multiple OL need to be drafted next year. If we fall out of Thomas/Wirfs range, I’m not reaching for Wills/Leatherwood in the 1st round. One guy I like in the 3rd round is Hakeem Adeniji from KU. He has a lot of great tools that Munchak can work with to make him into a terrific pro. Would also love Lloyd Cushenberry III to compete for the starting center position, as well as Ben Bredeson to compete at RG.

To your earlier point, I think Hamilton still has the potential to be a really good WR in the NFL and he has been running amazing routes this year, it’s just that the ball isn’t finding him and he had two bad drops (compare that to how much DT was dropping back in the day). Patrick is a nice find and I hope he continues to develop. Winfree has yet to prove himself but I think he’s talented if preseason is any indication.

There’s no doubting that this core is young. But why not grab a top, reliable talent with ONE of the FIVE picks we have in the first 3 rounds? I am firmly against drafting multiple receivers, so I agree with you on that. It definitely wouldn’t make sense.
    Because I am trying to fix our holes in the defensive and oline. I wanna give this group at least a year to develop unless we get an absolute steal. If I am running the team I am trying to get it to a point where lock has to do little more then being a game manager and we are still a major contender with our defense and running game.

Because I am trying to fix our holes in the defensive and oline. I wanna give this group at least a year to develop unless we get an absolute steal. If I am running the team I am trying to get it to a point where lock has to do little more then being a game manager and we are still a major contender with our defense and running game.
    Got it, I like how you would build this team. OL has to be #1 priority this offseason. That’s how the running game gets better and Lock can continue to develop without “seeing ghosts” a la Sam Darnold. CB and DL must be addressed with the sheer amount of free agents and aging guys we have at those positions. We have to re-sign at least one of CHJ, Shelby Harris, or Wolfe IMO (after Simmons of course).

Looking at this team overall, we need more pure talent across the board. At each position, we have guys that we picked up off the street or practice squads and they’ve done ~just~ well enough to where they outplay their cap number and stick on the roster for next year, but not well enough to where we can say they’re going to be a cornerstone for our franchise for the next 5 years and onward. We need more of those cornerstone guys (besides Sutton, Lindsay, Fant, Risner, and Simmons).

Got it, I like how you would build this team. OL has to be #1 priority this offseason. That’s how the running game gets better and Lock can continue to develop without “seeing ghosts” a la Sam Darnold. CB and DL must be addressed with the sheer amount of free agents and aging guys we have at those positions. We have to re-sign at least one of CHJ, Shelby Harris, or Wolfe IMO (after Simmons of course).

Looking at this team overall, we need more pure talent across the board. At each position, we have guys that we picked up off the street or practice squads and they’ve done ~just~ well enough to where they outplay their cap number and stick on the roster for next year, but not well enough to where we can say they’re going to be a cornerstone for our franchise for the next 5 years and onward. We need more of those cornerstone guys (besides Sutton, Lindsay, Fant, Risner, and Simmons).
    If lock can be the type of qb with in a year or 2 who is a game manager with the knack of pulling off a big play when he needs to alot like a dark Prescott or a young tom Brady. Then I feel we are at a good spot to get him to take the next step. But I want him to play but if we don't have to rely on him to win I feel it will help him grow

I feel Johnson may end up being one of those corner stone guys

Plus the best way to beat an elite qb like mahomes is to keep them off the field though controlling time of posession
    Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 12-07-2019 at 12:06 PM.

If lock can be the type of qb with in a year or 2 who is a game manager with the knack of pulling off a big play when he needs to alot like a dark Prescott or a young tom Brady. Then I feel we are at a good spot to get him to take the next step. But I want him to play but if we don't have to rely on him to win I feel it will help him grow

I feel Johnson may end up being one of those corner stone guys

Plus the best way to beat an elite qb like mahomes is to keep them off the field
    Right, if he can at minimum drive the offense down the field on a consistent basis, other weapons on offense can take care of the rest.

Johnson is great, but he’s already 27 years old. I would’ve included him in that cornerstone list, but since he’s squarely in his prime and I’m not sure how much more upside he has. He is definitely a lot better than Todd Davis for sure.

Right, if he can at minimum drive the offense down the field on a consistent basis, other weapons on offense can take care of the rest.

Johnson is great, but he’s already 27 years old. I would’ve included him in that cornerstone list, but since he’s squarely in his prime and I’m not sure how much more upside he has. He is definitely a lot better than Todd Davis for sure.
    I think he has some more upside he would have been taken in the top two rounds probably a first round talent if he didn't have legal issues. I think the few years out should have saved his body a bit but he still has room to grow I feel like as he learns the play book better and he plays more his instincts will get better and he will get better.

My simple approach....

- OT in the first round....possibly even trade down to acquire one of them, still in round one, and gain draft capital. I am good to go with our pick, but only if we do not reach for an OT. I'd rather get fair value, gain capital, and still end up with a legit round oner.
    - WR with our 2nd pick....if we can add capital with a trade back, maybe we can move back up if the right WR is there. I can see Sutton and a talented draft pick making this a long term, productive WR corps.

These two moves makes us almost complete on O. Plus we can utilize FA as required....at the right price.

Much more to FA and the Draft, but these 2 straightforward selections will make us solid for the future, while enhancing the performance of our QB and our weapons.
    Last edited by CanDB; 12-07-2019 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    My simple approach....

- OT in the first round....possibly even trade down to acquire one of them, still in round one, and gain draft capital. I am good to go with our pick, but only if we do not reach for an OT. I'd rather get fair value, gain capital, and still end up with a legit round oner.
    - WR with our 2nd pick....if we can add capital with a trade back, maybe we can move back up if the right WR is there. I can see Sutton and a talented draft pick making this a long term, productive WR corps.

These two moves makes us almost complete on O. Plus we can utilize FA as required....at the right price.

Much more to FA and the Draft, but these 2 straightforward selections will make us solid for the future, while enhancing the performance of our QB and our weapons.
    We need more help on offense than a wr and a lt