Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 98-O-Line View Post
    Not including last Sunday’s game Denver has posted 35 three & outs. Ouch.
    What got me, and you don't notice until the stats guys find them, is that Denver only has 3 second half TD's all season, and none of them are passing TD's. The next worse team has 5 second half TD's. That is scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    What got me, and you don't notice until the stats guys find them, is that Denver only has 3 second half TD's all season, and none of them are passing TD's. The next worse team has 5 second half TD's. That is scary.
    That is unacceptable.

Whoa ! That is scary .

I don't think that stat was any kind of surprise, just really sad...

But things are looking up!
    [

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    That is unacceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Whoa ! That is scary .
    I do not know how that stat is in any way shocking to anyone. To me this shows that we have a serious OC coaching issue. This is the type of thing which happened when Kubiak was here (his last year), as well as the last three OC's we had after him. In fact I'd argue that given Elway's personality he is likely aligning himself with others who somewhat match his own. We need someone who is more aggressive and thinks a bit more outside the box....

Rich called one heck of a game last night. I really like the designed plays, much better than any I've seen in years, really. We just need(ed) consistency and keeping up tempo towards the end of games without getting cute.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    Rich called one heck of a game last night. I really like the designed plays, much better than any I've seen in years, really. We just need(ed) consistency and keeping up tempo towards the end of games without getting cute.
    Maybe he finally has the right quarterback running the system.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Maybe he finally has the right quarterback running the system.
    Thatís definitely a big part of it, IMO. I also think heís done a better job staying away from the ďcuteĒ plays. Seems to be finding better rhythm in the second half. I like the personnel heís going with. Heís definitely developing before our very eyes.

Go back and watch all of the touchdown passes, and count how many post snap reads Lock has to make. The whole game, really. Now you know why Elway hired this guy.

What makes Shanahan a great coordinator is his ability to scheme players open, and furthermore scheme chunk plays in the running game. This is what we got from Scangarello yesterday, and I feel really good about his future with Lock. The Fant pick makes more and more sense when you see us running multiple tight end sets, and putting defenses in a bind. What's more, we've got a good defensive coach. We haven't closed games strong via busted coverages in the second half, but Fangio has clearly gotten the most out of what we have personnel wise on the defensive side of the ball. If we close this season strong, all will be well in Broncos Country.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Go back and watch all of the touchdown passes, and count how many post snap reads Lock has to make. The whole game, really. Now you know why Elway hired this guy.

What makes Shanahan a great coordinator is his ability to scheme players open, and furthermore scheme chunk plays in the running game. This is what we got from Scangarello yesterday, and I feel really good about his future with Lock. The Fant pick makes more and more sense when you see us running multiple tight end sets, and putting defenses in a bind. What's more, we've got a good defensive coach. We haven't closed games strong via busted coverages in the second half, but Fangio has clearly gotten the most out of what we have personnel wise on the defensive side of the ball. If we close this season strong, all will be well in Broncos Country.
    I just hope scant can do it against against the kc. I loved how much attack mode he was in lock. I feel like he has been steadily growing towards a good coordinator and it would be a mistake to get rid of him. His scheme will work in this league

Rich Scangarello got fired... Pat Shurmer?

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
    According to Klis and Tom Pelissero

Iím a bit surprised they fired Scangarello. Although he didnít do a good job overall, I thought he did a fairly good job with play calling for Lock down the stretch. Thought they would give him another season.

I think Shurmur to the Vikes, and perhaps Gary or Klint(with Gary) to Denver.

I dunno. I'm surprised. I'm thinking it has to be somebody big.