Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

How does Elway keep his job with constant bad decisions - one year with a guy they had to have, great that Lock gets to start over again with a second OC.

My only concern going into next season with our offense was with our OC. I was hoping he'd make a big improvement calling/designing plays and scheming so I'm not upset one way or the other!

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Quote Originally Posted by dukes88 View Post
    How does Elway keep his job with constant bad decisions - one year with a guy they had to have, great that Lock gets to start over again with a second OC.
    It's being reported this was Fangio's decision, not Elway's.

Because he's a very good GM

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Because he's a very good GM
    LOL, signed Peyton Manning... and??

There was that rumor 3/4 of the way into the season that Scangs was rubbing peeps wrong. About the time Sanders was traded.............remember that?
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    It's being reported this was Fangio's decision, not Elway's.
    I missed that note - still Elwayís decision to get him last year I assume. Hopefully Fangio can find someone that will work here.

I missed that note - still Elway’s decision to get him last year I assume. Hopefully Fangio can find someone that will work here.
    Elway suggested Scangarello to Fangio because he wanted the Kubiak system. Fangio still interviewed and hired Scangarello.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I would be good with Shurmer. I don't know how I feel about Joe Brady, but to his credit he did great things with Burrow.
    He was with Sean Payton at the Saints prior to going to LSU. He has NFL experience. Cannot remember his role though thinking he was a quality control coach.

But Iím all for getting an experienced OC to groom Lock and this young offense. They cannot mess this hire up especially with an inexperienced OC like Scangarello was.

Well, I don't like seeing YET ANOTHER OC in 5 seasons 5 OC's

........but from Fangio's point of view, if he's convinced Scangs isn't his guy- then just make the change asap. I think with Lock showing VERY well late in the season, this could lure a quality guy back to Denver...........and I think Fangio has a guy already penciled in if he went and got the OK from Elway to make this change

I expect a positive change here. And I expect the change to suit Lock

This can't be some controversial hire like it was last year. Scangs was despair laden hire and I suspect we gave the Niners some draft capital although it was never official..............to get Scangs
    Last edited by dizzolve; 01-12-2020 at 02:53 PM.
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

I donít like this.

How do you know this was a bad decision? We have no idea what's happening behind closed doors

Is Kubiak coming back here?
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

All I heard was complaining about him for 11 weeks... then Lock comes in and all of a sudden itís a surprise the OC for one of the worst offenses in NFL is fired. People just looking for a reason to complain.