Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    #Broncos are moving fast. Fangio has targeted Pat Shurmur for OC job.. Pushing to land him. #Denver7

Renck

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Itís fair to give credit to Elway for signing Manning, building the defense and hiring Kubiak/Phillips. Elway should receive credit for SB50. At the same time many fans tend to isolate that success while conveniently making excuses for Elway on whatís happened since 2015. Trending in a positive direction is good, and it has to be backed up with success moving forward. Scangarello wasnít fully qualified for the job and it showed. I think he showed some success late in the season, calling plays favorable to Lockís strengths. Hopefully theyíll get the next hire right and finally build continuity with the offense.
    Agreed, there were a number of very good FA signings when we had PM - he was a major draw as the veterans knew we had a chance to win. He does deserve more credit for SB50, with Peyton being the catalyst. I hope we are moving in the right direction - and we get an OC/QB combo that we can build around. I am just not sold with all the bad OL signings/draft (Risner being a beast though and maybe a good sign). I really hope Lock is what we need - donít want a new OC to come in and say anything good about Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    Scags probably called a tight end sweep again on his way out. I won't miss him, guy lacked creativity and had no understanding of game flow
    i like his playbook and stuff but he was over his head with understanding the game flow and play calling in general. he needs some more time in the nfl. i could see him taking a simular path as Wink Mattindale. he came he for a year a sDC was absolutely terrible went to the ravens and learn from Pees now is one of the better DCs in the nfl. now that it is not over his doing it.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Scangarelloís resume was extremely light, especially when youíre trying to rebuild a team coming off back to back losing seasons. Took a gamble on the OC? I donít believe effective managers gamble on who they hire. For the record the VJ hire wasnít one miss, hiring him was a miss and not firing him was the second. I donít subscribe to Elway being a very good GM after three straight losing seasons, the bad drafts and coaching hires that led to the skid. I wouldnít expect a winning season every year, but you just canít perform that badly over the last three years.
    He gave the HC time, you can't complain about OC consistency and then say he was wrong for keeping VJ. I also wouldn't call this season a bad season. Turnarounds won't be overnight, it was very good in a lot of aspects, especially in establishing a culture for the future. As for the drafts other than the Bolles draft, they have actually been good the last couple of years, yes that includes the Paxton draft.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Also, what candidates are run first coordinators ? Guys who place a large emphasis on building a bulky offensive line and running it straight at teams ? With a young quarterback, I want that guy. I like the news about Fangio being displeased with Scrangerello deviating from the script too much, we need an identity, and that needs to be a run heavy team.
    If we could draft another QB to go with Sutton and Fant we should be a passing team (play action). Our OL needs an identity for sure - Boles and whatever James is doesnít give me confidence. Lol.

Kliss saying Pat wants to coach Lock and the young offense!

According to PFN Insider @AllbrightNFL, some names are emerging for the #Broncos OC job.

At this time, it looks like Pat Shurmur is the leader in the clubhouse for Broncos OC. Other names include LSU's Joe Brady, Ken Whisenhunt, Mike McDaniel, Jason Garrett, and Jim Caldwell.

Also from @AllbrightNFL - the #Broncos will have competition from Bears and possibly Eagles for Pat Shurmur.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Those guys are HCs or not available
    Pat Shurmur has had some pretty recent success. In 2017 he had the 7th ranked rushing offense, and that was the year that got Keenum paid by Elway, and got Shurmur a head coaching gig. Also, Shurmur got a pretty good showing out of Daniel Jones, and probably still has a job as such if Daniel Jones doesn't tie the record for lost fumbles in a season, probably adding at least 3 loses to the loss column. Shurmur is the target apparently, and that excited me more than a Scrangerello hiring ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by MHOC View Post
    Watch us sign Jason Garrett
    He's a decent OC, so that would be okay. Here's his run as Dallas OC:
    2007: 3rd in yards, 2nd in points
    2008: 13th in yards, 18th in points
    2009: 2nd in yards, 14th in points
    2010: 7th in yards, 7th in points

Plus Head Coaching experience for 9 years. He's an extremely qualified OC, and I would be pretty happy if Denver brought him in.

According to PFN Insider @AllbrightNFL, some names are emerging for the #Broncos OC job.

At this time, it looks like Pat Shurmur is the leader in the clubhouse for Broncos OC. Other names include LSU's Joe Brady, Ken Whisenhunt, Mike McDaniel, Jason Garrett, and Jim Caldwell.
    That's a decent list, but hiring Mike McDaniel would be essentially going down the same path they were just on. And he's never been an OC at any level. The only positive for him would be that the offense would likely keep the same terminology and would have a certain level of continuity.

My wish list from these candidates would be: 1. Jason Garrett, 2. Pat Shurmer, 3. Ken Whisenhunt, 4. Jim Caldwell, 5. Todd Haley

Shurmur it is!

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Pat Shurmur has had some pretty recent success. In 2017 he had the 7th ranked rushing offense, and that was the year that got Keenum paid by Elway, and got Shurmur a head coaching gig. Also, Shurmur got a pretty good showing out of Daniel Jones, and probably still has a job as such if Daniel Jones doesn't tie the record for lost fumbles in a season, probably adding at least 3 loses to the loss column. Shurmur is the target apparently, and that excited me more than a Scrangerello hiring ever did.
    Shurmur is solid, what scares me is that playoff game where keenum threw it nearly 50 times and they had 16 rushes.

Former #Giants head coach Pat Shurmur is expected to be the #Broncosí new offensive coordinator, sources tell me and @RapSheet. Deal not done but decision made on Shurmurís end and itís headed that way. Drew Lock gets a new OC.

He gave the HC time, you can't complain about OC consistency and then say he was wrong for keeping VJ. I also wouldn't call this season a bad season. Turnarounds won't be overnight, it was very good in a lot of aspects, especially in establishing a culture for the future. As for the drafts other than the Bolles draft, they have actually been good the last couple of years, yes that includes the Paxton draft.
    The issue with consistency started long before Scangarello, and hiring him led to more inconsistency because he was the wrong hire. Validated by the fact heís been fired after one season. A 7-9 record isnít a good season. Are there a few positive signs, sure.