Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Former #Giants head coach Pat Shurmur is expected to be the #Broncosí new offensive coordinator, sources tell me and @RapSheet. Deal not done but decision made on Shurmurís end and itís headed that way. Drew Lock gets a new OC.

Yeah just saw it scrolling across the ticker on NFL Network.

Not upset at all.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Former #Giants head coach Pat Shurmur is expected to be the #Broncos’ new offensive coordinator, sources tell me and @RapSheet. Deal not done but decision made on Shurmur’s end and it’s headed that way. Drew Lock gets a new OC.
    This had to have been lined up before they let Rich go...

Alright I guess...

What do we know about Pat? What kinda offense he run?

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
    Shurmur it is!
    Not a done deal yet.

Former #Giants head coach Pat Shurmur is expected to be the #Broncosí new offensive coordinator, sources tell me and @RapSheet. Deal not done but decision made on Shurmurís end and itís headed that way. Drew Lock gets a new OC.
    I wander, is there any history between Vic and Pat? Did they ever work together? This seemed like the decision was already made before Scang was fired

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    The issue with consistency started long before Scangarello, and hiring him led to more inconsistency because he was the wrong hire. Validated by the fact heís been fired after one season. A 7-9 record isnít a good season. Are there a few positive signs, sure.
    Developing a necessary culture, finding your potential QBOTF, and building momentum is a necessary good step.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    Yeah just saw it scrolling across the ticker on NFL Network.

Not upset at all.
    For our disagreeing this morning, Denver has certainly gone about getting someone with a lot more experience. Hopefully this will help fix the issues that both of us had with Scangarello.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Not a done deal yet.
    There's no ink on paper, officially, but it's pretty much a done deal.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I wander, is there any history between Vic and Pat? Did they ever work together? This seemed like the decision was already made before Scang was fired
    With Rich Scangarello fired league source says Vic Fangio will move fast to secure Pat Shurmur as Broncos new offensive coordinator. Shurmur has offers from multiple teams but Broncos are his top choice in large part because of talented young core led by Drew Lock. #9sports

This was a Vic want, I don't know the specifics, but Vic has been around long enough I'm sure they have some history.

They've never coached together, but did coach against each other in the NFC North.

Not a done deal yet.
    Not officially but it's everywhere....he's expected to sign

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    There's no ink on paper, officially, but it's pretty much a done deal.

Until there's ink on paper it's not a done deal. Remember Sanders to KC, McDaniels as the Indy HC, and Kubiak as Denver's OC last year.

Drew Lock was one of Shurmur's favorites in the draft last year.

Dave Gettleman ultimately seleted Daniel Jones. Now Shurmur will get to coach Lock.

Quote Originally Posted by dukes88 View Post
    Agreed, there were a number of very good FA signings when we had PM - he was a major draw as the veterans knew we had a chance to win. He does deserve more credit for SB50, with Peyton being the catalyst. I hope we are moving in the right direction - and we get an OC/QB combo that we can build around. I am just not sold with all the bad OL signings/draft (Risner being a beast though and maybe a good sign). I really hope Lock is what we need - donít want a new OC to come in and say anything good about Flacco
    The line is definitely a work in progress. The Broncos will need ďinsuranceĒ in case James goes down again. His pattern is to play one season and take the next off so hopefully heíll be on the field in 2020. Munchak might be able to salvage Bolles, although we canít count on it. If they can draft a tackle capable of playing both sides that might be the answer to cover the possibility of losing James or stepping in for Bolles.

For our disagreeing this morning, Denver has certainly gone about getting someone with a lot more experience. Hopefully this will help fix the issues that both of us had with Scangarello.

No doubt!

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

https://www.google.com/amp/s/cardswi...-is-coach/amp/

Shurmur wanted to bring Vic to Arizona if they picked Shurmur to be the HC. Arizona ended up getting Steve Wilks at the time instead.