View Poll Results: What's Your "Gut" Feeling About Our QB Situation?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Drew Lock Will Be The Guy

44 78.57%
  • Drew Lock Will Not Be The Guy

3 5.36%
  • 5 Games Aren't Enough, So We Need To Invest In Another QB This Offseason

9 16.07%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    My gut says that Lock would be good if we gave him enough time as a starter, but we have a couple of tough games ahead. People here will freak out, claim hes an Elway bust, and want to draft another QB after the first bad quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by chessic View Post
    My gut says that Lock would be good if we gave him enough time as a starter, but we have a couple of tough games ahead. People here will freak out, claim hes an Elway bust, and want to draft another QB after the first bad quarter.
    Yeah, we'll know what we have the last half of next season. He should be at NFL speed by then. No doubt he has some questionable games ahead, but I think underneath the childish looks and demeanor is a man that hates to lose. Telling Sutton to run a different route tells me he's going for the juggler. This kid may turn into a beast right before our eyes.

I really like Drew Lock. He's like a more personable and likable Jay Cutler.

If he can just be a 25 TD/10 INT type quarterback, then I will be fine with that. Hopefully the coaches tailor the offense to his skill set.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    I really like Drew Lock. He's like a more personable and likable Jay Cutler.

If he can just be a 25 TD/10 INT type quarterback, then I will be fine with that. Hopefully the coaches tailor the offense to his skill set.
    Thats how I feel too.

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    What's up with all these Danish Broncos fans!?!? What the blazes are you guys doing way the hell over there!??
    I used to live there, my wife was born there and has verified family roots there dating back to before the 1880'ties.
    I am old enough to have lived there back when people knew how Elway actually played - not just the selective memory stuff. Back when domestic violence shot up if Broncos had lost in the weekend.
    Indoctrination with the Broncos for more than 3 decades!

These poll results and comments so far, are encouraging, given that assessing new QBs often provides a wide range of expectation. Having said that, it is no where near a scientific pol, therefore it could be slanted towards one side, or another. Plus I made you go "gut feeling", which minimized probabilities. But it does at least shows for now, that 4 of 5 seem to be a bit optimistic about Lock's chances.

Good discussion gang!

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    because he sucked at throwing the ball
    Yet still managed - in two playoff games - to be the best Broncos passer ever in a playoff game and in his failure game with his lung torn from his rib cage to match Elway's statistical performance in SB32 and Manning's in SB50.

Back to Drew Lock - he gets a chance to grow - lets hope he can and that we have the coaching staff to help him.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    It is?

I know November has passed us by but I'd still like you to take on a challenge. Your next hundred posts cannot contain the word "Tebow" or reference of any sort. Are you up for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    Yet still managed - in two playoff games - to be the best Broncos passer ever in a playoff game and in his failure game with his lung torn from his rib cage to match Elway's statistical performance in SB32 and Manning's in SB50.

Back to Drew Lock - he gets a chance to grow - lets hope he can and that we have the coaching staff to help him.
    Well that didn't last long

I used to live there, my wife was born there and has verified family roots there dating back to before the 1880'ties.
    I am old enough to have lived there back when people knew how Elway actually played - not just the selective memory stuff. Back when domestic violence shot up if Broncos had lost in the weekend.
    Indoctrination with the Broncos for more than 3 decades!
    Now that's just cruel... forcing an American to learn the Danish language. Good luck with that!

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    Well that didn't last long
    Hahaha... tell me about it.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

one game does not a career make...unless your tebow

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    one game does not a career make...unless your tebow

Well, we had no business being AFC west champs that year and certainly no business beating the #1 defense in the playoffs...but Tebow made it happen. Say what you will about him, but that was one of the craziest and most fun Bronco seasons I ever lived through since becoming a fan in '84
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
    LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
    Well, we had no business being AFC west champs that year and certainly no business beating the #1 defense in the playoffs...but Tebow made it happen. Say what you will about him, but that was one of the craziest and most fun Bronco seasons I ever lived through since becoming a fan in '84
    Yeah, that whole season was bizarrely fun- Like we were playing with the houses money the whole time.

As for the point of the thread, Uh... let's go with the 5 games thing since the other two answers are probably impossible to tell. As for the draft... IF we were picking high enough and IF no one would trade down to take them, it would be awfully hard to turn down some of the QB's coming out. Ideally, Lock balls out the rest of the year and we go BPA / Best lineman but the more realistic scenario is that he shows enough that he MIGHT be the guy but not enough to say that he IS the guy going forward. That would make the draft really interesting.

In lock I trust

that is all.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Should be interesting how everyone feels after The Houston game, then KC, then.....you get the idea. It might change, but if anything, it may reinforce.

Never done this before, but maybe I will start the same thread again later.....but only if it makes sense.

The next 4 games are a decent test, as the combined record we face is 25 W / 22 L / 1 T. No excuses either way. It will continue the test of this young man. It should give us plenty of tape.
    Last edited by CanDB; 12-06-2019 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    My gut says were set for 10 years 😁
    Hopefully, I like what I see so far but I worry he might end up being another Ryan Leaf....
    Utah Bronco Freak