View Poll Results: What's Your "Gut" Feeling About Our QB Situation?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Drew Lock Will Be The Guy

44 78.57%
  • Drew Lock Will Not Be The Guy

3 5.36%
  • 5 Games Aren't Enough, So We Need To Invest In Another QB This Offseason

9 16.07%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    Hopefully, I like what I see so far but I worry he might end up being another Ryan Leaf....
    Ryan Leaf..? The same Leaf who's first 5 starts saw him fumble the ball 5 times and throw 9 interceptions to 1 TD?

What similarities does Lock share with Leaf? In terms of personality, playstyle, work ethic, strengths, and weaknesses they are wildly different prospects.

Leaf was an almost immediate failure, completing 45% of his passes and averaging a turnover every 10 passes as a rookie. And it could have been worse than that.

Leaf had 3 games with more than one TD and over half of his starts saw him turn the ball over multiple times. Not once in his 25 game career did Leaf complete over 60% of his passes and throw more than one TD in the same game. Lock did so in his very first start. Heck, Lock already has 14% of Leaf's career TDs in just one game!

Again, I ask, what similarities do you see? And I thought the Lynch comparison was bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Ryan Leaf..? The same Leaf who's first 5 starts saw him fumble the ball 5 times and throw 9 interceptions to 1 TD?

What similarities does Lock share with Leaf? In terms of personality, playstyle, work ethic, strengths, and weaknesses they are wildly different prospects.

Leaf was an almost immediate failure, completing 45% of his passes and averaging a turnover every 10 passes as a rookie. And it could have been worse than that.

Leaf had 3 games with more than one TD and over half of his starts saw him turn the ball over multiple times. Not once in his 25 game career did Leaf complete over 60% of his passes and throw more than one TD in the same game. Lock did so in his very first start. Heck, Lock already has 14% of Leaf's career TDs in just one game!

Again, I ask, what similarities do you see? And I thought the Lynch comparison was bad...
    The only reasonable comparison I see is Jay Cutler.....partly because they look a bit alike. But they both had zip, and both could go long ball. Plus they both have some mobility complementing their strength. Both confident. So actually, a number of similarities.

The real difference is personality. Very different, and thankfully so. Jay was Jay, and Drew seems like a good young man, respectful, and easy to talk to. Highly doubt we will ever hear Drew stating he has a stronger arm than Elway, hands down!...

Not like Leaf at all....

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    The only reasonable comparison I see is Jay Cutler.....partly because they look a bit alike. But they both had zip, and both could go long ball. Plus they both have some mobility complementing their strength. Both confident. So actually, a number of similarities.

The real difference is personality. Very different, and thankfully so. Jay was Jay, and Drew seems like a good young man, respectful, and easy to talk to. Highly doubt we will ever hear Drew stating he has a stronger arm than Elway, hands down!...

Not like Leaf at all....
    He seems like a jay Cutler with a better attitude and work eithic

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Oddly enough, Lock and Cutler were both SEC QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Funny thing....that's all I could have asked for from Jay, except the odd non recommended "tight window" attempt!

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    Oddly enough, Lock and Cutler were both SEC QBs.
    They are both SEC QBs that didn't achieve much with their teams. It seems odd to compare the two - Jay had a much better arm though Lock is not limited and has a better release. What kind of attitude and behaviour Lock will ultimately show remains to be seen. Hopefully the current coaching staff are less biased than Shanny's primadonna club was.

Lets hope that Lock will do well - but it is quite over the top to talk mediocre performance up so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post

Stand down Papa, stand down. I wasn't COMPARING Lock to Leaf and I definitely could have done a better job of making my point. I was attempting to say, as we all know, sometimes players don't live up to the expectations imposed on them like Cutler, Tebow, Lynch, Osweiler, Flacco, etc.
    My apologies to you.

I'm as hopeful as any Bronco fan that Luck will have excellent success and would love to see him become the next John Elway, Dan Marino or Joe Montana. How cool would that be!
    Utah Bronco Freak

He's like Jay Cutler, but with a stronger arm!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    He's like Jay Cutler, but with a stronger arm!!!!
    Jay Cutler was an emotionally dumb version of Ryan Fitzpatrick with a better arm. That's exactly who Jay Cutler was.

The go to comparison for Cutty is Lock, just because he plays for the Broncos, but until I see Lock consistently make throws with no regard for what the defense is giving him, I won't lump them together. I see the similarities in how they look on the field, but right now, no. I won't do that to the kid.

Just imagine Ryan Fitzpatrick, with a better arm, acting like he's got better things to do than play quarterback in the NFL, and smoking a cigarette on the sidelines. There you go. Jay Cutler.
    Last edited by Spice 1; 12-07-2019 at 07:54 PM.

Comparing Lock to Cutler isn't fair in the least right now. They may have similar arm strength but that's all anyone can say at this point. And to lump Lock in with Cutler, a literal pick machine, just isn't accurate, so please just stop with that comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverJay View Post
    Comparing Lock to Cutler isn't fair in the least right now. They may have similar arm strength but that's all anyone can say at this point. And to lump Lock in with Cutler, a literal pick machine, just isn't accurate, so please just stop with that comparison.
    Easy there, the comparison is solely on athleticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Easy there, the comparison is solely on athleticism.
    Ok, whatever, that's not what I got from it. But ok.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverJay View Post
    Ok, whatever, that's not what I got from it. But ok.
    I canít speak for everyone, but that was my intention.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I canít speak for everyone, but that was my intention.
    Sure, no worries.

I was just being facetious comparing Drew Lock to Jay Cutler, I was just kidding around about saying he had a stronger arm, remember when Jay Cutler said that he had a stronger arm Than John Elway?People get so serious about stuff, it's kind of funny. I like Drew Lock for who he is, and hopefully he can have a decent career? (The jury is still out.)