View Poll Results: What's Your "Gut" Feeling About Our QB Situation?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Drew Lock Will Be The Guy

    44 78.57%
  • Drew Lock Will Not Be The Guy

    3 5.36%
  • 5 Games Aren't Enough, So We Need To Invest In Another QB This Offseason

    9 16.07%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 115
  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,388
    I voted for Drewís the guy. Like his attitude. Like his swagger. Conducts himself like a starting QB. Good talent. Like every one is saying, thereís still a way to go. Gut feeling though, I think he can be the guy.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dinner Table, Hungry
    Posts
    2,455
    He's got a lot going for him....

    He moves like a natural athlete, although his footwork needs work. He's got leadership qualities. He appears intelligent... Plays aggressive.

    I am optimistic.

    Gut feeling..... There's a chance.
    Last edited by Zealander; 12-04-2019 at 08:34 PM.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,716
    I would have voted for "I don't know" if it was there. This reminds a bit of 2010 when they put Tebow in near the end of the season, and he brought hope, enthusiasm, leadership, poise, etc. yet he was not the guy.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
    I voted 5 games isn't enough because I want us to draft Burrows from LSU...Geaux Tigers
    Lock has all the talent to succeed and I hope he has the mentality to go along with the Physical. As he spends more time working with the Offense he will Improve.

    Now as for Burrows in next years draft, he would cost too much as he will be the Number 1 Pick. Lets hope we have our future QB, as Giving up on re-building would be very difficult without any draft picks

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    33,305
    Like the way this discussion is going. Gut feeling is all I ask. And thanks for responding that way, given it is not easy to make such a decision without more data/evidence.


  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,981
    I voted "Drew Lock" will not be the guy. I personally like him, but based on the fact that franchise quarterbacks are extremely hard to find, and the likelihood of succeeding at the quarterback position is slim at best, especially as a second round pick, my gut and my head tell me Lock probably wont be the long-term answer here. In saying that, I just hope we re-evaluate the way we have attempted to develop quarterbacks in the past, because it isn't working.

    I want Lock going through the whole off-season as the guy, with the offense built around him, with him getting every single rep with his offensive teammates, and getting as much actual experience as he can get to be prepared for week 1 next year. Quarterback competitions do not work, that is proven, and the examples you could rattle off to support this are endless. Play the young guy, and actually try to develop him, development doesn't happen from the sidelines.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Taos, New Mexico
    Posts
    3,407
    The glass is AT LEAST half full, Coach him up!

    Two thumbs up here.
    [

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    85
    With the way these last few years have been going, i wont hold my breath. He does have potential, but we will have to wait and see. I sure hope he is the player they say he is. Time will tell.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,087
    It's too early to say for me, I like what I saw so far, but the real test will come this week. There Texans aren't likely to be held to 10 points or less in the first half. We're going to likely need 25+ to win this game. We haven't scored that most of the season.

    I don't blame QBs for lack of scoring anymore, that's clearly on scangerello... I don't know that we're going to be able to properly evaluate lock as long as scangerello is here.


  10. #25
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,388
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I voted "Drew Lock" will not be the guy. I personally like him, but based on the fact that franchise quarterbacks are extremely hard to find, and the likelihood of succeeding at the quarterback position is slim at best, especially as a second round pick, my gut and my head tell me Lock probably wont be the long-term answer here. In saying that, I just hope we re-evaluate the way we have attempted to develop quarterbacks in the past, because it isn't working.

    I want Lock going through the whole off-season as the guy, with the offense built around him, with him getting every single rep with his offensive teammates, and getting as much actual experience as he can get to be prepared for week 1 next year. Quarterback competitions do not work, that is proven, and the examples you could rattle off to support this are endless. Play the young guy, and actually try to develop him, development doesn't happen from the sidelines.
    I really like your take. Although I voted or Lock being the guy, it was basically based around the same philosophy. Time to commit to a QB and stop the turnstile. I admit Iím very hopeful because I want a Bronco at QB, no more vet FAs.

    I agree that development takes time and Lock needs to develop. Iím personally ready to endure watching a young QB develop as opposed to watching another mediocre vet FA.

    Only time will tell, but Iím hopeful.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I voted "Drew Lock" will not be the guy. I personally like him, but based on the fact that franchise quarterbacks are extremely hard to find, and the likelihood of succeeding at the quarterback position is slim at best, especially as a second round pick, my gut and my head tell me Lock probably wont be the long-term answer here. In saying that, I just hope we re-evaluate the way we have attempted to develop quarterbacks in the past, because it isn't working.

    I want Lock going through the whole off-season as the guy, with the offense built around him, with him getting every single rep with his offensive teammates, and getting as much actual experience as he can get to be prepared for week 1 next year. Quarterback competitions do not work, that is proven, and the examples you could rattle off to support this are endless. Play the young guy, and actually try to develop him, development doesn't happen from the sidelines.
    I agree that the probability of long-term success at the quarterback position (i.e., finding that needle in a haystack draft pick), is slim.

    The real test for a young quarterback comes after enough video exists for defensive coordinators to know their every weakness and tendency, and exploit that knowledge. That takes time and games to accrue...but will inevitably lead to the eventual failure (or at least mediocre play) of most.

    We'll see what happens with Drew. My hope is that he's that needle in a haystack, because I'm sick and tired of this QB carousel crap.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Roskilde, Denmark
    Posts
    2,863
    Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    I would have voted for "I don't know" if it was there. This reminds a bit of 2010 when they put Tebow in near the end of the season, and he brought hope, enthusiasm, leadership, poise, etc. yet he was not the guy.
    Lets hope that if Lock performs as well that he gets a lot better treatment. Whether the bible fanatic would have been the guy if a demigod had not come along is hard to say. Watching the slew of mobile less accurate passers tear up the league now with coaching that support and buy into their skill set makes it hard to judge.

    We cannot really say that we have provided our young QBs with good coaching and it seems that Lock/Allen whoever is better will have to live with that for a while. Lock has the support of the FO and the organization, so it is up to him to keep growing.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Left of Colorado
    Posts
    1,033
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    I voted for "Drew Lock the the guy", but I actually have a different perspective. Roll with him rest of the season, go into training camp next season with him as the starter, and build around him. If he doesn't have what it takes, we take a QB in 2021. I like what I've seen from him, but he's still got a ways to go. Better give him some reps now.
    I totally agree with you. A quality and talented supporting cast is paramount starting next year.

    Isn't this why we drafted him? You never know who the next Tom Brady will be.

    Remember, Brady was a 6th round draft pick, somewhat of a nobody at the time.
    Utah Bronco Freak

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Coast, Denmark
    Posts
    8,488
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    Lets hope that if Lock performs as well that he gets a lot better treatment. Whether the bible fanatic would have been the guy if a demigod had not come along is hard to say. Watching the slew of mobile less accurate passers tear up the league now with coaching that support and buy into their skill set makes it hard to judge.

    We cannot really say that we have provided our young QBs with good coaching and it seems that Lock/Allen whoever is better will have to live with that for a while. Lock has the support of the FO and the organization, so it is up to him to keep growing.
    It is?

    I know November has passed us by but I'd still like you to take on a challenge. Your next hundred posts cannot contain the word "Tebow" or reference of any sort. Are you up for it?
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    33,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    I agree that the probability of long-term success at the quarterback position (i.e., finding that needle in a haystack draft pick), is slim.

    The real test for a young quarterback comes after enough video exists for defensive coordinators to know their every weakness and tendency, and exploit that knowledge. That takes time and games to accrue...but will inevitably lead to the eventual failure (or at least mediocre play) of most.

    We'll see what happens with Drew. My hope is that he's that needle in a haystack, because I'm sick and tired of this QB carousel crap.
    Good post!

    As for the bolded, I agree with you. And this is why OCs and coaches have to be one step ahead, in terms of improving the player, and designing the playbook to counter (and stay ahead) of opposing Ds. Belichick is a genius at staying one step ahead, and in my opinion, any decent OC/coaching tandem should know what they have at the helm, who they are playing, and how to maximize....considering any weak spots in the armour.

    It is true, once the flaws are exposed, it becomes more difficult. But I believe a team should also appreciate the flaws of their QB, know their opponents and of course, their flaws, and design each game with all of that in mind. Not a perfect science, but a good plan must encompass all aspects of what you bring and what they bring.

    Now....if a QB is known for a more "impactful" flaw or two, things can get hard to camouflage. If he can not hit the "broad side of a barn", you may be dealing with a limited shelf life!
    Last edited by CanDB; 12-05-2019 at 12:18 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •