View Poll Results: What's Your "Gut" Feeling About Our QB Situation?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Drew Lock Will Be The Guy

    44 78.57%
  • Drew Lock Will Not Be The Guy

    3 5.36%
  • 5 Games Aren't Enough, So We Need To Invest In Another QB This Offseason

    9 16.07%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 115
  1. #76
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I was just being facetious comparing Drew Lock to Jay Cutler, I was just kidding around about saying he had a stronger arm, remember when Jay Cutler said that he had a stronger arm Than John Elway?People get so serious about stuff, it's kind of funny. I like Drew Lock for who he is, and hopefully he can have a decent career? (The jury is still out.)
    Right. Itís just a goof. Heck, I even turned to my wife during the draft and was like ďhaha. He kind of looks like CutlerĒ. I just want him to be Drew Lock. I too have high hopes. We shall see.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    482
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Jay Cutler was an emotionally dumb version of Ryan Fitzpatrick with a better arm. That's exactly who Jay Cutler was.

    The go to comparison for Cutty is Lock, just because he plays for the Broncos, but until I see Lock consistently make throws with no regard for what the defense is giving him, I won't lump them together. I see the similarities in how they look on the field, but right now, no. I won't do that to the kid.


    Just imagine Ryan Fitzpatrick, with a better arm, acting like he's got better things to do than play quarterback in the NFL, and smoking a cigarette on the sidelines. There you go. Jay Cutler.
    I don't think Fitzpatrick is a fair comparison for Cutler. Cutler never developed into anything special, but he did make the playoffs a couple times. Fitzpatrick never lead a team to the playoffs.

    Cutler was more like Dalton. Put up nice stats. Kept his team from mediocrity. But never really lead them anywhere. Fitzpatrick is all mediocrity.

    There's a reason Fitzpatrick bounced around so much and spent the majority of his career as a #2. Cutler was a sure QB1, he just so happened to not care enough to actually make himself great.

    If Fitzpatrick had Cutler's physical attributes, he probably would've been a franchise QB making franchise money.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    I don't think Fitzpatrick is a fair comparison for Cutler. Cutler never developed into anything special, but he did make the playoffs a couple times. Fitzpatrick never lead a team to the playoffs.

    Cutler was more like Dalton. Put up nice stats. Kept his team from mediocrity. But never really lead them anywhere. Fitzpatrick is all mediocrity.

    There's a reason Fitzpatrick bounced around so much and spent the majority of his career as a #2. Cutler was a sure QB1, he just so happened to not care enough to actually make himself great.

    If Fitzpatrick had Cutler's physical attributes, he probably would've been a franchise QB making franchise money.
    Cutler never really put up "nice" stats. They were always average at best. At least Fitzpatrick has a season throwing over 30 TDs. His 2015 season was miles better than any season Cutler has ever had.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    7,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    I don't think Fitzpatrick is a fair comparison for Cutler. Cutler never developed into anything special, but he did make the playoffs a couple times. Fitzpatrick never lead a team to the playoffs.

    Cutler was more like Dalton. Put up nice stats. Kept his team from mediocrity. But never really lead them anywhere. Fitzpatrick is all mediocrity.

    There's a reason Fitzpatrick bounced around so much and spent the majority of his career as a #2. Cutler was a sure QB1, he just so happened to not care enough to actually make himself great.

    If Fitzpatrick had Cutler's physical attributes, he probably would've been a franchise QB making franchise money.
    Cutler trolled a lot of people into thinking he was a QB1. He looked the part, but had little regard for situational football or learning from his mistakes. He would go through short periods where he would play well before inevitably doing things like throwing into triple coverage to Brandon Marshall, trying to make impossible throws to beat zone coverage, throw a 50/50 ball off his back foot, etc. Ryan Fitzpatrick looks amazing at times, but he'll inevitably do the same things. I don't think Dalton has the gunslinger mentality that Cutler and Fitzpatrick have. The reason guys like Dalton and Cutler last as long as they do with the same team is because of how much the team has invested in them.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    7,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I was just being facetious comparing Drew Lock to Jay Cutler, I was just kidding around about saying he had a stronger arm, remember when Jay Cutler said that he had a stronger arm Than John Elway?People get so serious about stuff, it's kind of funny. I like Drew Lock for who he is, and hopefully he can have a decent career? (The jury is still out.)
    I wasn't trying to be an ass with my response. Just talking about the Cutler/Lock comparison. Physically, I get it.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I was just being facetious comparing Drew Lock to Jay Cutler, I was just kidding around about saying he had a stronger arm, remember when Jay Cutler said that he had a stronger arm Than John Elway?People get so serious about stuff, it's kind of funny. I like Drew Lock for who he is, and hopefully he can have a decent career? (The jury is still out.)
    It's all good Captain. We all know the negatives Cutler brought to the table and I just don't think Drew is that kind of person. Obviously it's wishful thinking on my part that Drew will succeed here in Denver and in the end, be a much better quarterback than Cutler, as I know everyone here if hopeful of the same.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    8,036
    More I watch him the more and more I like him I am 100% sold on lock

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    33,311
    Anyone want to change their vote....

    Last edited by CanDB; 12-08-2019 at 11:59 AM.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    33,311
    Anyone want to change their vote....


  10. #85
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Coast, Denmark
    Posts
    8,488
    I haven't voted yet, simply because I wasn't sure. I am now. Scoring aside, I'm quite simply blown away by what I'm witnessing. I knew Drew Lock had moxy but the way he's dealt with pressure and reading the field is so far above expectations. I did not see this coming. Let me have some of that crow and hopefully there's room for me aboard the Lock train.

    He's still going to struggle at times, he's only human and a rookie after all. But I'm fine with that. The finer details, that's what I wanted to see and I've seen that already. I'm sold. He's our guy and I couldn't be happier!




    (edit.. just voted lol)
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,804
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    They are both SEC QBs that didn't achieve much with their teams. It seems odd to compare the two - Jay had a much better arm though Lock is not limited and has a better release. What kind of attitude and behaviour Lock will ultimately show remains to be seen. Hopefully the current coaching staff are less biased than Shanny's primadonna club was.

    Lets hope that Lock will do well - but it is quite over the top to talk mediocre performance up so much!
    What did you say about Lynch and Lock? LOL

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,087
    My gut feeling pretty dang good at the moment. I still want to see how he adjust once teams have film on him.

    I feel like 8-8 might be an outside possibility now.


  13. #88
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    33,311
    I am thankful right now. Because we often talk about how hard it is to find the guy....and I firmly believe we have. Last week I felt really good. Now I am convinced.

    Bring in the new era of Broncos football!!



    (might have to drop some more spots in the draft as a result...oh well!!)

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    8,511
    I donít know that my gut feeling has changed, but Iím certainly hoping we donít have to address the quarterback situation in the near future.

    It would be nice if they can just build around Lock and keep the defense playing well enough.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,722
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    I haven't voted yet, simply because I wasn't sure. I am now. Scoring aside, I'm quite simply blown away by what I'm witnessing. I knew Drew Lock had moxy but the way he's dealt with pressure and reading the field is so far above expectations. I did not see this coming. Let me have some of that crow and hopefully there's room for me aboard the Lock train.

    He's still going to struggle at times, he's only human and a rookie after all. But I'm fine with that. The finer details, that's what I wanted to see and I've seen that already. I'm sold. He's our guy and I couldn't be happier!




    (edit.. just voted lol)
    I like the energy he brings to the entire offense-- they're all playing better because of him. Words like "feeble", "inept", and "hopeless" aren't going off in my mind anymore when the offense takes the field and are now replaced with "exciting" and "dangerous"!
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •