What about trading back for Patrick Queen or Cesar Ruiz

I was thinking about different draft options and came up with these 2 players. On most mocks Queen is projected between 20-28, and Ruiz is projected 25-32.

If we could find a trade partner at 15 and jump down 8-10 spots and pick up another round 2 would you do it ? Looking at the NFL draft value chart our pick at 15 is worth 1050 points, which is the equivalent to pick 25 and 57.

I'm high on Queen and think he would be gone at 25, but if he is still there it would be an excellent pick. He is a 3 down LB who has speed, can tackle, and most importantly is very good in coverage which would end our search for a LB who can cover TE's. He would be in the perfect situation learning under Fangio, and imagine having a LB core of Miller, Chubb, and Queen. We are thin at ILB with Davis, AJ, and Jewell the current options.

If Queen is gone then turn our attention to the OL and take the best interior lineman in the draft in Cesar Ruiz. He can play Center or Guard and our interior would look pretty strong with Risner, Glasgow, and Ruiz. These could also play together for a long time as Glasgow is still a few months away from turning 28 and lineman can play into their mid 30's.

Then with our two round 2 picks we could take a receiver, as there will be plenty of good ones available like a Mimms, Shenault, Reagor, Hamler, etc...............

Then maybe a CB depending on who is available.

We would come away with 3 quality players who could contribute immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    I was thinking about different draft options and came up with these 2 players. On most mocks Queen is projected between 20-28, and Ruiz is projected 25-32.

If we could find a trade partner at 15 and jump down 8-10 spots and pick up another round 2 would you do it ? Looking at the NFL draft value chart our pick at 15 is worth 1050 points, which is the equivalent to pick 25 and 57.

I'm high on Queen and think he would be gone at 25, but if he is still there it would be an excellent pick. He is a 3 down LB who has speed, can tackle, and most importantly is very good in coverage which would end our search for a LB who can cover TE's. He would be in the perfect situation learning under Fangio, and imagine having a LB core of Miller, Chubb, and Queen. We are thin at ILB with Davis, AJ, and Jewell the current options.

If Queen is gone then turn our attention to the OL and take the best interior lineman in the draft in Cesar Ruiz. He can play Center or Guard and our interior would look pretty strong with Risner, Glasgow, and Ruiz. These could also play together for a long time as Glasgow is still a few months away from turning 28 and lineman can play into their mid 30's.

Then with our two round 2 picks we could take a receiver, as there will be plenty of good ones available like a Mimms, Shenault, Reagor, Hamler, etc...............

I love the idea of trading back for Ruiz!

Sound idea IMO.

Nice work.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by Kansas Bob View Post
    I love the idea of trading back for Ruiz!
    It would be pretty sweet

Listen pal, I am not sure if I really want Queen or Ruiz (though they might be great fits), but I am sure I want to trade down for the most part. That's my thing this year. I definitely do not want to trade up unless it's a great opportunity and only if it's reasonably low trade currency lost.

My belief is, because we are in the WR market, and there are good ones to be had throughout the first 2 rounds, this is the year you grab capital from others via a trade back, because you know you can wait on a WR, while filling other holes/key positions. In your example, we pick up a really good 2nd round selection. By having a 1st, 2 2nds and 3 3rds alone, we are sitting pretty! That's a load of talent, and can fill not only WR, but Oline, CB, ILB and DT, or whatever our brass is gunning for.

I would love one of the top 3 WRs, but we may not have to be so sensitive about the quality player we get, because we have Sutton and we have other needs. But don't get me wrong, even a 2nd round WR could be more than enough weapons for our O. And I can see a player like Shenault or one of the others going in 2, and possibly being pro bowlers down the road.

In one of my preferred routes, we trade back a little, and still get Jefferson, who is often #4 on WR lists, and another 3rd....which I then propose we move up in 2, for 2 3rds. Many possibilities. Either way, real talent and lots of it!

I would take Queen at 15 (but I think he has Luke Keuchly upside), so trading back and picking up anything more and grabbing him would be an A+ for me
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Love this idea. I'm obsessed with Mims, Hamler and Shenault....not so much on Reagor though. I also think if we pick up a 2nd with the trade back...instead of CB we should look at Safety. Particularly if Winfield or Chinn are there. Top it off with drafting Willie Gay in the third and this would be my dream draft scenario.
    New England Patriots GM