Could Clyde Edwards-Helaire be the first running back taken ?

I was just listening to Chris Simms Unbuttoned (check it out on youtube, its a podcast and he is really interesting on it). He ranked his top 5 backs in the draft and said that Clyde EH was the best back and it wasn't even close. For his ability to accelerate after making a guy miss and his quickness, along with him being the best route runner at the position and he has really good hands. He also said that Clyde EH could get the most out of every carry, if the hole was there he could find the EZ, and if he was going to be stuffed for a 2 yard gain then suddenly he would acelerate and get 15-20 yards.

He thinks CEH will be a complete mis-match for defenses around the league.

Interestingly he had Swift ranked number 6 at the position. He liked Swift but didn't see any remarkable traits and said the same defenders who couldn't catch Edwards was chasing Swift down from behind, and that the OL would blow open big holes that any back could gain 30-40 yards on. He thought CEH did more with less with his carries.

Like I say if you go on youtube and search for 'Chris Simms Unbuttoned' you won't be disappointed, its a really interesting podcast.

What do you guys think who follow college football alot closer then I do. Has he got a point ?

I don't know man, Swift is one heck of a back. He can make cuts on a dime and has power to go with it. I'm no Chris Simms but this guy is special

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I don't know man, Swift is one heck of a back. He can make cuts on a dime and has power to go with it. I'm no Chris Simms but this guy is special
    Agreed. I rather that the Chiefs, Raiders, and Chargers don't get either one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Fair points, if you get a chance check out some points he was making. His top 5 starts at 23:00