Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I saw a mock draft with Tee Higgins and Justin Jefferson chosen before Lamb (who was predicted to go to The Broncos), Jeudy, Ruggs and Mim (who went before Ruggs!).

Is there any possibility that the big 3 we keep talking about (Lamb/Jeudy/Ruggs III) do not go first??

Heck, I could put out a mock with a different outcome, but I am certainly not an expert.

Thoughts??? (haha...not about me being an expert!!)
    I don't believe so, imo, the big 3 will be gone 1st. Now, we don't have access to players like scouts and coaches do obviously so there may be some character issues we don't know about that make a kid fall. I have yet to hear anything on any of them so I am inclined to keep my opinion on the best still going where they should

I saw a mock draft with Tee Higgins and Justin Jefferson chosen before Lamb (who was predicted to go to The Broncos), Jeudy, Ruggs and Mim (who went before Ruggs!).

Is there any possibility that the big 3 we keep talking about (Lamb/Jeudy/Ruggs III) do not go first??

Heck, I could put out a mock with a different outcome, but I am certainly not an expert.

If that happens I will be surprised I doubt any of the big 3 makes it pasted the 15 mark. Either way we should see alot of wr go in the first at least 6

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

There are always “surprises “. Were a lot of mock drafts predicting Jones and/ or Ferrill going in the top 10? Jones maybe a whisper.

As for which OT or WR order actually happens or which “surprises” we are discussing after round one... who knows.

I just think the OP has a good feel for the picks before the Broncos. They just can’t miss on a solid starter whichever position they choose.

I think Jeudy is the most "sure thing" offensive player in the draft and would take him over any RB, TE or WR especially since he ran faster than expected at the combine. He's getting comparisons to Marvin Harrison and is consider by some to be the best route runner to come out in 20 years.

Lamb is the one of the three that I've seen the most concern with among the "experts". I think the concern is he greatly benefited from being at OK and their QBs and coach. I kind of have the same concern with Lamb, but also Ruggs and Jeudy, but still like all three. Ruggs and Jeudy both had pretty good QBs and coaches too.

I am not sure the source I got the info from is that sound, BUT I have no doubt, based on the past, that 1 or even 2 more WRs will give the so called top 3 a run, come the end of April. Workouts/interviews/specific player type need might alter the strategy a little bit

But as for Lamb, who does follow Hopkins' game....if he's anywhere like Hopkins as a producer, I am all for him. In a passer driven league, I really like the idea of 2 top tier WRs, complemented by a solid TE...anchored by a solid run game that has pass receiving capability. When you have that formula, Ds can not possibly stop everything, unless they are so dominant that they deserve to win it all.

And in those last 5 games of the season, I saw evidence of our team moving the ball quickly and smartly. If receivers get open, and backs can find holes, and a QB can release quickly and run if necessitated, and the play design involves multiple players with varying types of "timing"... as long as your Oline is average (at worst), you can move the yardsticks.
    Last edited by CanDB; 03-08-2020 at 02:37 PM.

I still say top defenses can stop everything. We stopped Panthers juggernaut cold. Seattle stopped one of the greatest offenses of all time, cold. You need to be good all around but a top D will beat a top O. Even SF which had a very good D stopped KC most of the game, that D had some holes in it though, otherwise the narrative would have been the same.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    I still say top defenses can stop everything. We stopped Panthers juggernaut cold. Seattle stopped one of the greatest offenses of all time, cold. You need to be good all around but a top D will beat a top O. Even SF which had a very good D stopped KC most of the game, that D had some holes in it though, otherwise the narrative would have been the same.
    lol That San Francisco D stopped them but it was Jimmy G who stopped the San Francisco 49ers. Kyle put him in position with a good WR to make the play and Jimmy G failed them all.

I agree that D stopped the chiefs offense!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    lol That San Francisco D stopped them but it was Jimmy G who stopped the San Francisco 49ers. Kyle put him in position with a good WR to make the play and Jimmy G failed them all.

I agree that D stopped the chiefs offense!
    You are correct Sir. The 9ers had them. Jimmy blew it hard

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Not so sure about that anymore. The rules have changed for the offense. A great D can slow down a great offense, but I think it is tough to win with a top D when you can’t score points. At a minimum a great D needs an offense that can stay on the field

Quote Originally Posted by myoung View Post
    Not so sure about that anymore. The rules have changed for the offense. A great D can slow down a great offense, but I think it is tough to win with a top D when you can’t score points. At a minimum a great D needs an offense that can stay on the field
    The rules haven't changed since Denver stopped the Panthers offense with no offense.

As far as the topic at hand one thing with CeeDee is his blocking ability. I watched him destroy secondary players down the field allowing four good runs to turn into great runs or even touchdowns. Obviously you aren't picking a receiver because if blocking ability but having a guy like that on the outside can help with springing huge runs.

Ruggs on the other hand with his speed will probably force a safety over the top which should help sutton and the run game if he can prove top beat the press.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    The rules haven't changed since Denver stopped the Panthers offense with no offense.

As far as the topic at hand one thing with CeeDee is his blocking ability. I watched him destroy secondary players down the field allowing four good runs to turn into great runs or even touchdowns. Obviously you aren't picking a receiver because if blocking ability but having a guy like that on the outside can help with springing huge runs.

Ruggs on the other hand with his speed will probably force a safety over the top which should help sutton and the run game if he can prove top beat the press.
    What are you talking about? The rules absolutely have changed.

Defenseless receiver rules have changed, the roughing the QB rules have changed, plus the additional emphasis on illegal hands and PI. Do you remember the roughing the passer penalties from a player landing with his body weight on the QB or the defenseless receiver penalties for guys getting hit WHILE they are catching the ball in a defenseless position?

All in the name of player safety ( which I support) but they are clearly net positive for QBs and WRs

Quote Originally Posted by myoung View Post
    What are you talking about? The rules absolutely have changed.

Defenseless receiver rules have changed, the roughing the QB rules have changed, plus the additional emphasis on illegal hands and PI. Do you remember the roughing the passer penalties from a player landing with his body weight on the QB or the defenseless receiver penalties for guys getting hit WHILE they are catching the ball in a defenseless position?

All in the name of player safety ( which I support) but they are clearly net positive for QBs and WRs
    Since the no fly zone the rules haven’t changed.. a good D shuts down a great O, period. Defense also travels, offense doesn’t always.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    Since the no fly zone the rules haven’t changed.. a good D shuts down a great O, period. Defense also travels, offense doesn’t always.
    ...except in the last Super Bowl when it mattered most. Period.

I remember having a D so great we made 3 Super Bowls in 4 years. Our good D didn't shut down the Os in those Super Bowls. Not one time. Period.

"Defense wins championships" is a quote taken from a Steelers DB from the 70s. One D player said it and now it's taken as gospel. Good players and good coaches win Super Bowls. Picking the best players available is the best way to win a Super Bowl. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    ...except in the last Super Bowl when it mattered most. Period.

I remember having a D so great we made 3 Super Bowls in 4 years. Our good D didn't shut down the Os in those Super Bowls. Not one time. Period.

"Defense wins championships" is a quote taken from a Steelers DB from the 70s. One D player said it and now it's taken as gospel. Good players and good coaches win Super Bowls. Picking the best players available is the best way to win a Super Bowl. Period.
    You nailed it. I think we need to be building both. My premise has been that our offense needs more help to get to the level required but totally agree with your statement.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    Since the no fly zone the rules haven’t changed..
    Feel free to google the NFL summary of rule changes and points of emphasis at your leisure if you didn't notice it while watching the games. Here are some of the highlights.

2017 Stiffer penalties on egregious hits. penalties and fines including more freedom to eject players
    2018 lowering the helmet is immediate penalty
    2018 enforcing the defenseless player rule (if you recall it was a point of emphasis because it was never previously enforced). Since that time Defensive players can get penalized for hitting a receiver that is defenseless EVEN if the WR is in the motion of catching the ball.
    2018 the lowering the weight on the QB rule, which went over really well with Clay Matthews
    2019 reviewing of Pass Interference, which I admit didn't have as much of an impact because the referees didn't seem to want to reverse anything