Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by myoung View Post
    hmm not sure I follow that comparison. Jeudy is much faster, quicker, and more nimble than Sutton. He is also not a big guy that goes up for each catch the same way. I see them as perfect compliments. I think Lamb is actually closer to Sutton. Fights for the ball, not as fast but strong tearing it down. Lamb is really good after the catch BUT most of that was in the Big 12 where everyone tears through the secondary.

Higgins is the guy that most resembles Sutton to me. I think Lamb, Jeudy, and Ruggs are all great prospects but I see Jeudy and Ruggs as better with Sutton. We need more speed on the outside.
    Jeudy ran a 4.45 Sutton ran a 4.50, virtually the same. Jeudy is 6'1" CS is 6'3". Vertical jumps, Jeudy is 35" CS was 35.5"...…….If you think that 2 inches makes these guys that much different than I guess that's your belief. Imo, they are mirror images of each other

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Jeudy ran a 4.45 Sutton ran a 4.50, virtually the same. Jeudy is 6'1" CS is 6'3". Vertical jumps, Jeudy is 35" CS was 35.5"...…….If you think that 2 inches makes these guys that much different than I guess that's your belief. Imo, they are mirror images of each other
    Jeudy looks faster on film to me. But I need to watch jeudy in the pros to tell that for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Both players could help the offense. Although Lamb is probably more polished I would lean toward Ruggs. Lock has shown the ability to work the interior and deliver the ball quickly. I could see Ruggs chewing up YAC. Maybe an alternate to Lamb could be Antonio Gandy-Golden. Jalen Reagor could be the alternate pick to Ruggs.
    I would take Ruggs. 4.27 speed would be amazing opposite of Sutton. He has the potential to be better than Hill. Usually guys with his speed have suspect hands. If I recall correctly, Ruggs dropped only one pass last season. Lamb would still be a good pick but I think Ruggs will emerge the better weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Sutton ran a 4.54 at the combine, not a 4.5. He is huge with a massive radius. Has a reputation for being able to catch anything in a large range.

you are making some other strange comparisons. The difference between 6í3 in a WR IS a big difference over 6í1. Take a looking at any scouting tools. A 6í3 receiver is considered a big WR. 6í1 is not. If you also look at the average size of CBs you will see why the 2 inches are such a big deal. Not many CBs come that big. Jeudy will never have the same physical advantage Sutton will have and could not play Suttonís game, of course IMO. The size difference is very real.

That being said, the biggest differences are not size and speed as much as style of play.

Courtland is a huge receiver that makes incredible catches. He uses position very well. After he catches it he is very physical after the catch. Ultimate bully receiver. Excellent size, range, and radius. Fast enough for it not to be an issue but not fast as a trait.

Jeudy is not at all similar. He is faster but also an excellent route runner. But it is the way he runs his routes which is so different than Sutton. He sets the DB up and accelerates out of his cuts. If you watch him at Alabama he excels at crossing routes, deep ins, etc. he runs away from people because of his speed and route running combo. It is why he looks so fast. He accelerates out of everything and runs away from people after a cut in the route. Very few WRs I have seen do this as good as him. He is always running away from people. He will be so powerful with a QB that can throw him open or anticipate where he goes after a cut because he is always open just after he makes a move.

I guess we can agree to disagree but I see two totally different styles and I think they would excel together. I guess that is why we all have opinions but I wonder if you have seen Jeudy play very much if you think he looks like Sutton.

I also think Ruggs would compliment Sutton very well. I am not convinced Ruggs will ever be a #1 WR but I think Jeudy will.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2020/3/...ghts-strengths

Great article here. Make the pick John.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post

Very good possibility Ruggs will be off the board by pick 15. Elway could trade up however Iím not convinced he would for a receiver. Weíll see what happens.

We received the 20th pick a third and a third the next year to go from 10 to 20 last year. If we are wanting to go from 15 to 9, I would assume 15, our first 3rd and our 4th would be enough? I would be stoked about that. I can't see any of the WRs getting selected before 9. If Elway thinks anyone of these guys in particular takes our whole offense to another level then spend it.

Personally I think Jeudy is Marvin Harrison 2.0. I don't know who to compare Ruggs to. Ted Ginn seems like a weak comparison. Honestly Tyreek Hill might be the best, but I don't think Ruggs is as sudden. I like Zierlein's comparison to Chad Johnson for Ceedee Lamb. I would be fine moving up for either Ruggs or Jeudy.

I do think Ruggs would effect game-planning from other teams the most. His skills would provide so much extra field for others.
    Last edited by andrewmlb; 04-05-2020 at 11:00 AM.
    I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
    I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
    I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
    "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
    God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
    Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post

Nice breakdown. Ruggs has the potential to be a lot better in the pros than at Bama. I love Ruggs as a prospect but the only thing that makes me somewhat hesitant is his inability to beat physical press coverage.

I highly recommend checking out this Twitter thread that breaks down the All-22 against LSU (Ruggs vs. Fulton). This gave me a better idea of what Ruggs will face in the pros against more physical, patient corners.

I salivate over Ruggs' uber-athleticism and high character. I think a great OC like Pat Shurmur would maximize Ruggs' strengths. I would expect him to put Ruggs in motion (much like how KC uses Tyreek Hill) and create mismatches. Shurmur uses a LOT of 3-WR, 1-TE, 1-RB sets, so I imagine he would be able to scheme Ruggs open OR not let him get shut-down on an island.
    2014 Adopt-A-Bronco: #43 T.J. WARD & #38 QUINTON CARTER
    2013 Adopt-A-Bronco: #25 CHRIS HARRIS

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmlb View Post
    We received the 20th pick a third and a third the next year to go from 10 to 20 last year. If we are wanting to go from 15 to 9, I would assume 15, our first 3rd and our 4th would be enough? I would be stoked about that. I can't see any of the WRs getting selected before 9. If Elway thinks anyone of these guys in particular takes our whole offense to another level then spend it.

Personally I think Jeudy is Marvin Harrison 2.0. I don't know who to compare Ruggs to. Ted Ginn seems like a weak comparison. Honestly Tyreek Hill might be the best, but I don't think Ruggs is as sudden. I like Zierlein's comparison to Chad Johnson for Ceedee Lamb. I would be fine moving up for either Ruggs or Jeudy.

I do think Ruggs would effect game-planning from other teams the most. His skills would provide so much extra field for others.
    It would probably take moving up to 8 to be in position to get Jeudy or Ruggs. I donít think Lamb will go in the top 10 but I could be wrong.

PIT gave us #20, a 2nd round pick (#52), and a 2020 3rd. To get from #15 to #9, I would hope that our 1st and two of our 3rds would be enough. That would be good value for us, IMO. I would not be surprised if a top 10 team asks for #46, though.

What's funny is I think Chad Johnson is a good comparison for Jeudy (credit to Nate Burleson), although Harrison's elite route running is something I feel like Jeudy could match. For Ruggs, I think of 2-3 comparisons. As a receiver, I see a lot of Hollywood Brown and John Ross in his game (both were great prospects). My last comp would be Tyreek Hill because that is how I would like to see him used in Shumur's offense. CeeDee Lamb reminds me of DeAndre Hopkins and a bigger Emmanuel Sanders.

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    CeeDee Lamb reminds me of DeAndre Hopkins and a bigger Emmanuel Sanders.
    I think LaViska is more Hopkins. I just don't see the physicality of a Hopkins or Boldin with Lamb. He also doesn't have the separation that I think Ruggs or Jeudy have. I just get worried about Lamb.
    I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
    I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
    I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
    "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
    God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
    Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

I think LaViska is more Hopkins. I just don't see the physicality of a Hopkins or Boldin with Lamb. He also doesn't have the separation that I think Ruggs or Jeudy have. I just get worried about Lamb.
    Oh man, I might argue that Viska is even more physical than Hopkins. Shenault Jr. plays like a RB playing receiver-- much like Ty Montgomery and Deebo Samuel. That's one of the reasons why I'm split on him as a prospect due to his injury history.

I agree that Lamb does not have the sheer route running prowess (like Jeudy) or the blazing speed (like Ruggs), but he most certainly gets separation. I would be willing to say that he is the most physical out of the Top 3. And Lamb is also the best blocker in this class. Physicality is often how Lamb wins-- I'm most confident in his ability to beat press compared to Jeudy/Ruggs.

If you have time, I suggest perusing the following video(s) (link me to anything you want me to watch as well-- I'm just a bored college student LOL).

Here is another one. Don't mind Nate Burleson's corniness, but he does a good job of breaking Lamb down here.

We all know that JE will not draft a Player from Alabama so that Takes Ruggs off the Boards.

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    We all know that JE will not draft a Player from Alabama so that Takes Ruggs off the Boards.
    Why is that...I've heard this said before....so he has never drafted an Alabama player ? 1st time could be a charm.....make the pick John.