Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post

Here is another one. Don't mind Nate Burleson's corniness, but he does a good job of breaking Lamb down here.
    Man......, that was dope.....can we get both Lamb and Ruggs ?

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    Man......, that was dope.....can we get both Lamb and Ruggs ?
    One can wish! I really love Lamb’s complete skill-set but I love his competitiveness and heart even more. Unfortunately, we already have our X receiver type in Sutton so I don’t think Lamb would be the ideal compliment. It’s going to be a tough decision for our FO if we are in a position to choose between all 3 receivers.

Is there a consensus idea of which WR is the #1 WR? I am under the impression Jeudy is the top target and Lamb a close 2nd? Is it all 3 are 1A, 1B and Ruggs 1C? At this point I wouldn't make a move up because other top talent will fall. With so many QBs, OTs and WRs going top 10-12 range Denver will be able to land top talent in other areas and go for WR in the 2nd. With guys like Jefferson, Higgins, Reagor, Claypool, Mims...etc. That might be the way to go. Honestly I really don't care what they take because this is the 1st time in while we have the luxury of going BPA because the QB isn't an issue

Did anyone catch Friday's Path to the Draft. They had analytics compare the top three WR's. They had Juedy ahead of Lamb. BUT WAIT......they had Ruggs above all of 'em. Check it out !!

Sorry, no link....working on it

Jalen Reagor dropped weight and apparently ran a 4.22 40 and 6.75 3 cone...back in discussion for a mid to late 1st?
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Jalen Reagor dropped weight and apparently ran a 4.22 40 and 6.75 3 cone...back in discussion for a mid to late 1st?
    Hand timed, not the same.

Maybe he has always been a fringe guy. Some who could go in the first but probably won't unless a team falls in love with him

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Hand timed, not the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Maybe he has always been a fringe guy. Some who could go in the first but probably won't unless a team falls in love with him
    I still don't trust his hands. Yes I know he had crappy QB play....but I've seen stats showing a drop rate ranging from 6% to 15% thats nuts. Especially for a possible 1st or 2nd round prospect. At this point due to the depth of the class and the number of selections we have in the first 3 rounds, he'd be off my board.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    I still don't trust his hands. Yes I know he had crappy QB play....but I've seen stats showing a drop rate ranging from 6% to 15% thats nuts. Especially for a possible 1st or 2nd round prospect. At this point due to the depth of the class and the number of selections we have in the first 3 rounds, he'd be off my board.
    If the Broncos choose not to select one of the top 4-5 WRs in the first rd this is the reality of the next tier of WRs I that will be available for them. For every highlight reel catch or run there is the flaw that gets overlooked. The size, speed, drops, routes running, etc. For all the talent in this WR class there is a distinct drop off the later you wait.

Same applies to trying to land a CB or OT in the third instead of earlier. Elway and Co have a tough job. I don’t envy the pressure they have to be “right” in their priorities and player selected.

Other then the numerous fantasy “trade down “ scenarios that give them 4-5 picks by the end of the 2nd. The reality is the Broncos and fans will need to accept is if they are waiting for WR they are likely getting the equivalent of Latimer, C. Henderson, I. McKenzie or even Winfree. We hope for the best and they defy the odds.

And I fully understand this is the same argument of passing on 1st rd OT , CB, LB and selecting that 3rd rd project.

Someone is going to be disappointed. As I stated, do not envy Elway’s job.

Drops have little to do with bad quarterback play. Balls that aren't catchable aren't in the equation.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    If the Broncos choose not to select one of the top 4-5 WRs in the first rd this is the reality of the next tier of WRs I that will be available for them. For every highlight reel catch or run there is the flaw that gets overlooked. The size, speed, drops, routes running, etc. For all the talent in this WR class there is a distinct drop off the later you wait.

Same applies to trying to land a CB or OT in the third instead of earlier. Elway and Co have a tough job. I don’t envy the pressure they have to be “right” in their priorities and player selected.

Other then the numerous fantasy “trade down “ scenarios that give them 4-5 picks by the end of the 2nd. The reality is the Broncos and fans will need to accept is if they are waiting for WR they are likely getting the equivalent of Latimer, C. Henderson, I. McKenzie or even Winfree. We hope for the best and they defy the odds.

And I fully understand this is the same argument of passing on 1st rd OT , CB, LB and selecting that 3rd rd project.

Someone is going to be disappointed. As I stated, do not envy Elway’s job.
    I hear you, but in the regards it involves a absolute no go for me regarding WRs. You can't coach out bad hands....ok to a degree you can. But a approx 10% drop rate is scary math. For a WR, your hands are your primary ability. Hence my dropping him off my board.

I hear you, but in the regards it involves a absolute no go for me regarding WRs. You can't coach out bad hands....ok to a degree you can. But a approx 10% drop rate is scary math. For a WR, your hands are your primary ability. Hence my dropping him off my board.
    I agree with you. But most of us have a "plan" in mind and will justify or ignore to fit our bias.

For example, some in favor of an OT in the first would absolutely pull their hair out if A. Jackson were selected. I on the other hand would find a WR and Jackson (or a couple other flawed projects) to be miraculous if 1st/2nd selections.

I tend to have strong opinions of CBs that don't tackle well by either will or technique. For others that would be an acceptable compromise and can be "fixed".

"Eye of the beholder"

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    Did anyone catch Friday's Path to the Draft. They had analytics compare the top three WR's. They had Juedy ahead of Lamb. BUT WAIT......they had Ruggs above all of 'em. Check it out !!

Sorry, no link....working on it
    Interesting, but Ruggs also had WAY less production in college. He had the production of a third or fourth option. And while there's nothing wrong with that, especially since he had a lot of TDs, it is difficult to see him going from middle of the road production in college to all of a sudden a superstar in the NFL. It's not impossible, but it's rare.

If given the choice between all 3, I'd take Jeudy or Lamb just because they're guys who have shown the ability to be go to targets in every situation in college. I'd take production and deeper resumes over potential and lesser production when making the choice at 15.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Interesting, but Ruggs also had WAY less production in college. He had the production of a third or fourth option. And while there's nothing wrong with that, especially since he had a lot of TDs, it is difficult to see him going from middle of the road production in college to all of a sudden a superstar in the NFL. It's not impossible, but it's rare.

If given the choice between all 3, I'd take Jeudy or Lamb just because they're guys who have shown the ability to be go to targets in every situation in college. I'd take production and deeper resumes over potential and lesser production when making the choice at 15.
    And that is all part of the evaluation process. Sometimes talent just overcomes stats.

Using a weird comparison, but why would you ever pick a player that dominated a Mid Major Conference over a player that "produced" and had the a 3 yr starting resume at a major college? Yet every year there seem to be a couple that earn their way into the conversation. Look no further then J. Love. QB

I've been on the Ruggs bandwagon since the CFB playoffs. But in reality IMO he is not an option. He gets selected with Jeudy, Lamb and quite possibly Jefferson all before #15. My hope is that one of them slips through. Jefferson being the most likely. That is my bias towards a WR being the most critical addition needed this draft. I know that differs from many. I'm ok with that.