Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23
    Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post

Reagor is slightly faster in a straight-line and better in contested catch situations. I like that Reagor high-points the ball in the air and is not afraid of contact. He can be used as a gadget player as well as a returner. If he is able to turn the corner against the defense-- watch out, he'll be gone. He's a threat with the ball in space, but I've noticed he loses his footing somewhat easily. Also, his route running is pretty mediocre. For someone as dangerous as Reagor is in the open field, he is not as sudden or quick when running his routes. As for his hands, I warn y'all... his 13.0% drop rate is very concerning. Yes, his QB play was abysmal. But his tape reveals too many easy dropped balls for my liking.
    Is the drop rate that concerning? I see many saying things that insinuate WRs canít become better at catching the ball. You even said yourself itís too many EASY dropped balls. Thatís a concentration issue, not a hands issue. You see Reagor high point the ball away from his body with ease, thatís more indicative of his hands IMO than him taking his eyes off the ball trying to make a play because his team isnít very good.

I disagree that his route running is mediocre. They didnít ask him to run a lot of routes so thereís a small sample size but heís devastating on double moves as well as post and corner routes. When you isolate this small sample size and hone in on it, you can see that he really understands the finer details of running routes, or at least those routes. And if weíre looking for a compliment to take pressure off of Sutton why not take a guy whoís best routes (and really heís easily up there in the class on those particular routes) are ones that stretch defenses vertically? He also shows some nuance when it comes to beating press coverage as well as being able to leverage his breaks to create separation even if the route was covered well such as leaning into the defender before accelerating out at the last moment to give himself more space.

No Ruggs at all imo it's either Lamb or Judy in the first or Shenault in 2nd. Ruggs is WAY overvalued.

Quote Originally Posted by nickmeyer View Post
    No Ruggs at all imo it's either Lamb or Judy in the first or Shenault in 2nd. Ruggs is WAY overvalued.
    Judge Judy?

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Is the drop rate that concerning? I see many saying things that insinuate WRs canít become better at catching the ball. You even said yourself itís too many EASY dropped balls. Thatís a concentration issue, not a hands issue. You see Reagor high point the ball away from his body with ease, thatís more indicative of his hands IMO than him taking his eyes off the ball trying to make a play because his team isnít very good.

I disagree that his route running is mediocre. They didnít ask him to run a lot of routes so thereís a small sample size but heís devastating on double moves as well as post and corner routes. When you isolate this small sample size and hone in on it, you can see that he really understands the finer details of running routes, or at least those routes. And if weíre looking for a compliment to take pressure off of Sutton why not take a guy whoís best routes (and really heís easily up there in the class on those particular routes) are ones that stretch defenses vertically? He also shows some nuance when it comes to beating press coverage as well as being able to leverage his breaks to create separation even if the route was covered well such as leaning into the defender before accelerating out at the last moment to give himself more space.
    Agreed. His drops were more from lapses in concentration than bad catching technique. If he can hone in on that (all reports indicate that heís got great work ethic), he could become a good starter in the NFL.

You know what, I went back and watched some more All 22ís with what you said in mind, and I think he has the ability. He fits Shurmurís system like a glove and would pair very well with Sutton. I think he needs to be more consistent when showing those nuances to create separation, though. Against better competition like Ohio State, I saw him struggle to get away from the likes of Okudah and Arnette. Just like Ruggs, he needs to work on beating physical pressó both players struggled to gain any separation when they got hands put on them. What I like about Reagor is that heís similar to Jeudy in the aspect that theyíre both pretty explosive off the LOS, so they already have the corners beat with their feet before they get any chance to get jammed. Reagor is definitely at his best on vertical routes, as he does a good job of getting behind defenses. Heís one of the best deep threats in this class right there with Ruggs.