Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    Posted by a Patriots(******) fan elsewhere:

Be sure to go and wash your eyes if you have not already.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Be sure to go and wash your eyes if you have not already.

Hahaha

(ten char)
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

All I know is that I haven’t been this excited in quite some time. Texans aren’t a “great” pass defense. But Lock carved them up and made them pay for every mistake. His only miscue was getting a bit greedy. But even being greedy, he was pushing for the end zone. And that’s the fire I haven’t seen in our QB in a few years.

But the one thing I love is that we’re back to BIG WR’s on the outside. Coupled with a big TE that’s starting to come into his own. He’s got all the receiving weapons for success. I’m looking forward to storming the NFL in 2020 and getting our mojo and home field advantage back!!!

I wasn’t completely sold on Lock coming out of college but thought he was a great value in the 2nd round. The level of criticism of Lock was overdone IMO. He improved every year at Missouri with little talent around him. His work ethic was not a surprise because it was well documented. All we heard was Lock would get killed behind the line, melt under pressure and fail without holding a clipboard for 2-3 years.

Lock had the potential to be a starter and now we’re seeing why. There are aspects of his game to develop and I’m sure there will be bumps in the road. I believe he’s earned the opportunity to continue being developed as the guy.

Everyone is geeking out over Lock (myself included) and rightfully so but I just want to remind everyone that he will have some bad games. Savor the moment just remember he is human and let's do a good job Bronco country of not hating on him when he falls just be there to help him up!!! This kid is going to be here for a while and we need to give the support he needs to succeed

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Everyone is geeking out over Lock (myself included) and rightfully so but I just want to remind everyone that he will have some bad games. Savor the moment just remember he is human and let's do a good job Bronco country of not hating on him when he falls just be there to help him up!!! This kid is going to be here for a while and we need to give the support he needs to succeed
    Agreed. The key is developing him and not bringing in another veteran “bridge to nowhere”. Build the talent around him and give the process a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Agreed. The key is developing him and not bringing in another veteran “bridge to nowhere”. Build the talent around him and give the process a chance.
    That's exactly what I was saying in my OP. Time to build the trenches up. He's shown more in two games than any QB we've had since 2015. He'll have some head scratchers, that's a given. But he's got the the tools to win for us. Heck, even Bolles couldn't stop him! And as funny as that is, for every other QB, Bolles usually untimely penalty would've killed the drive. Lock hung in there and got us the td. That's huge. Now hopefully Elway can get him a LT that won't do everything to try and kill such great drives.
    #swapping

Look, I know that he will have a coming back to earth game here and there but to actually have something to get excited about that’s not on defense is what I am relishing right now. I am pumped about how he played, carried himself and the toughness he showed more than anything right now.

I mean, when we first saw Paxton, Brock, Trevor and Brandon it was pretty clear we needed to keep looking but with Lock, I feel like we can sit pat for awhile and build up other parts of the team.

The most impressive stat:

2 games and 1 sack. After all the o-line concerns, he’s only been sacked once

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

Yeah, that's an awesome stat to read.

Giving Lock credit for helping out the O-Line with his mobility, but the O-line also deserves credit because they've all stepped up their play. They are blocking well in both departments AND avoiding the stupid penalties that became a norm in the first quarter of the season...
    Last edited by Peerless; 12-08-2019 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

Another great set of stats 27 pass / 27 run plays (30 / 24 if you take out Lock improvising on pass plays) - good commitment to a balanced game.
    Lock completed 81% of his passes. Very, very efficient and decisive with the ball even with the 1 pick play.

I know it’s only a couple of games, but I’m officially all in with Lock. He’s the best prospect we’ve seen in a long time. He’s pretty much checked off all the boxes when it comes to physical ability and I personally think he has good intangibles. He’s a Bronco and I think he should be the undisputed starter going into next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Yeah, that's an awesome stat to read.

Giving Lock credit for helping out the O-Line with his mobility, but the O-line also deserves credit because they've all stepped up their play. They are blocking well in both departments AND avoiding the stupid penalties that became a norm in the first quarter of the season...
    Lock is definitely getting the ball out quick, and his mobility helps. But I also think Scangarello doesn't get enough credit for game planning with respect to this. Some of those plays today were beautifully designed.
    To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Another great set of stats 27 pass / 27 run plays (30 / 24 if you take out Lock improvising on pass plays) - good commitment to a balanced game.
    Lock completed 81% of his passes. Very, very efficient and decisive with the ball even with the 1 pick play.
    Good observation. I believe balance is important even in pro football. Drew displayed remarkable accuracy today, and that was with sloppy footwork on a number of his throws. When Scangarello coaches him up, as time goes by, Drew will have a lot of upside. He seems very coachable.

Quote Originally Posted by Humberg View Post
    Lock is definitely getting the ball out quick, and his mobility helps. But I also think Scangarello doesn't get enough credit for game planning with respect to this. Some of those plays today were beautifully designed.
    I really like a lot of his designs. I think if he can find a little more consistent rhythm with personnel and play calling, particularly in the 2nd half, we’ll have something special.