Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tpoz34 View Post
    Denver to make playoffs

Denver Wins Out
    Cleveland and Indy loose one game
    Pitt Looses out
    And either Tennessee or Houston loose out.

I doubt this all will happen, either way i am getting a little excited for next year, and to see the team still fight hard is a good thing to see, and hopefully we draft well and have a good off-season.
    Sounds like we are a shoe-in then. Better get my playoff tickets! Good post.

1% shot...I'll take it. As a Royals fan I know odds don't matter too much. Also If the seeding stats around the same we would play the Chiefs in the Wildcard game. We playin' with house money.
    Manning to Thomas ev'ry day, all day.

Even though it's a gigantic long shot, it's kind of cool that it's even a conversation. A month ago, it seemed like this team was doomed. Super awesome that we are buzzing with hope and excitement.

We deserve a little excitement and hope after the last 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Beat Ten and Hou in a head to head game, which is the first tiebreaker. If Pit loses out and Denver wins out Denver would have a better conference record (next tiebreaker after head to head), Indy has the tiebreaker over Denver, so Denver need to actually finish ahead of them.
    Incorrect, if there are more then 2 teams with the same record Head-head is thrown out and goes to conference. It boils down to we need everyone at 8-8 including us at the end of the season and we win all other tie breakers.

BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Quote Originally Posted by dipablo View Post
    Incorrect, if there are more then 2 teams with the same record Head-head is thrown out and goes to conference. It boils down to we need everyone at 8-8 including us at the end of the season and we win all other tie breakers.
    I just want to see it happen to watch all the pundits lose their minds.
    Manning to Thomas ev'ry day, all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanataki View Post
    I just want to see it happen to watch all the pundits lose their minds.
    Love it.

Tenn could easily lose out. Hou, NO, Hou.

Pitt has Buff, Jets Bal. Probably beat the jets but you never know, likely the only game they can win.

Cle plays Bal hopefully a lose.
    Ind play NO should be a lose.

If we can find a way to win out our chances aren't too far out there. Den vs KC and Pitt vs NYJ are the keys in my eyes.
    this is how i see things as well, if we can find a way to beat KC then i think there is a legit chance because i believe the stealers are a fraud of a team living by turnovers from that defense...if they fall behind early in a game then they are toast because they have no offense.

they haven't really beaten anybody outside the rams...the other 7 wins are as follows - bengals (x2) dolphins, cardinals, chargers, browns, colts...all have losing records & most of them are terrible, so yes i say if the jets can pull one off then they will lose out & finish 8-8

I was talking strictly about 2 teams, but thanks for correcting me...

But let's play this forward:

If Pittsburgh is to finish 8-8 then their conference record would be 6-6
    If Houston is to finish 8-8 then their conference record would be 7-5
    If Tennessee is to finish 8-8 then their conference record would be 6-6
    If Indy is to finish 8-8 then their conference record would be 6-6
    If Cleveland is to finish 8-8 then their best conference record would be 8-4
    If Denver is to finish 8-8 then their conference record would be 7-5

So Denver would have the advantage over every team in a three way tie except for Cleveland. HOWEVER if there is a three way tie and two teams are from the same division, then the division teams would have their tie broken by division tie rules, and then the other two teams would break that tie. So if Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Denver all finished at 8-8, they would break the tie between Pittsburgh and Cleveland using their division record, then the remaining team would go to tiebreaker with Denver, and Denver would finish ahead of both. They'd beat Pittsburgh based on Conference record and Cleveland based one head to head.

I love the optimism, but I don't see it happening. It's weird, though, I was rooting for us to lose games for a great draft pick so we could finally get our franchise QB earlier in the year. Now I'm ok with us winning, even tho we aren't going to the playoffs, just because it shows Lock is the man for the job and the team as a whole is getting better. Still wish we could pick at number 6 or 7, but I'm guessing we finish 2-1 and end up picking around 16-18. Even if we lose out, as long as Lock looks decent we can pick a lineman, receiver, or DB with our first pick now and start to build around our talent.

More realistically and shocking to me is that Denver could actually finish in 2nd place in the division

Chiefs 9 ~4

Raiders 6 ~7

Broncos 5 ~8

Chargers 5 ~8
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Even though it's a gigantic long shot, it's kind of cool that it's even a conversation. A month ago, it seemed like this team was doomed. Super awesome that we are buzzing with hope and excitement.

We deserve a little excitement and hope after the last 3 years.
    Exactly! Goes to show having two wins in a row creates needed excitement but it's still just two wins with a new QB who might be the one who becomes the next.....I'm going to say it....John Elway.....a really strong maybe. I'm surely hoping like everyone else that Lock and the entire Broncos team and staff continue to make continuing solid progress through the end of this season and into next season. Not to be a naysayer but we should take it week by week, hope for the best knowing it's still very early to get over the top excited too quickly based on the roller coaster ride we've experienced this year.

Go Broncos!
    Utah Bronco Freak

Quote Originally Posted by dgobronco View Post
    Not to be a wet blanket, but there was quite a bit of enthusiasm on these boards about knocking the Chiefs off before the last game, and that one was at home. With our pass rush being what it is, Drew can play great, and we still might lose 42-34. I'll be happy if Lock continues to show good decision making and growth, even if it doesn't result in winning out or playoffs.
    No way in the world we make the playoffs!!!

That nonsense aside, the Chefs looked mortal for the last several weeks except for the .

They cheated their way to a squeak by the Pats last week and are due football Karma.

We need to win out just because it'll put the league on notice... We're baaack!!!
    [

While itís possible for the Broncos to win out, itís almost impossible for all the other stuff to happen.

Letís not get over excited for such a slim chance.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Chicago, Jacksonville, Indianapolis, Minnesota....four wins we had. Would be in the driver's seat for a wild card, and still a shot at the division.

Oh well, we had our chances and we blew it...big time...four times.

Better get it together next year.

I had us winning 6 games, but that was before the arrival of Mr. Lock. But he's just a rookie, and though expectations are rising rapidly...including my own, it is extremely hard to win 5 games in a row in The NFL.

I do not see it, but folks have a right to hope. My main hope is that Drew proves to be the starter....which I am confident he will be, and we learn all we need to prior to our offseason, including FA, The Draft and even trade possibilities. For me, this offseason, if handled really well, will provide the last impetus we need to actually become a prolonged playoff team, and I say, starting next season!

But folks, do not want to ruin the hope for this year. Chances are very, very small, but you know what they say....