Thread: P&r

P&r

so the forum P&R was created in November 2003

it was allowed to run and was a good place to discuss multiple topics over the span of 14 years, it was shut down and stated it would be reopened once the season started 3 years ago

with the disclaimer that this is a football forum, we signed up to talk football

yet we allow
    anything goes...not a football forum...one topic has over 9400 pages in it...obviously high flow
    birthday wishes
    entertainment...not a football forum
    other sports...not football
    graphics...not football

so why are we refusing discuss religion and politics since 2017

im just asking for clarifacation

This has been discussed and to date, nothing has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    How frank should I be?

We have seen the best of people and we have seen the worst of people in P&R. Through the years, at least 2 members were permanently banned from the MB as a direct result of their behavior in P&R. And this past year, a few more should have joined them.

It took a lot of our time. At one point, that's all we did. Football? What football? When one forum takes that much time, something is wrong.

We tried warnings. We tried being peacemakers. We tried discipline. And the results? Complaints. Some would be surprised at the type of PMs mods receive.

If this was the only platform for you all to talk politics, it might be different. But it isn't. There are other websites that you can go to.

We are not saying that P&R will never open again. Just not right now.
    To reply a little more directly to your point, we do have a lot of topics on the boards, but that does not require all topics of all natures, especially those which have caused little more than division and disruption. That which takes away from the positive engagement here has little value overall to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post

To reply a little more directly to your point, we do have a lot of topics on the boards, but that does not require all topics of all natures, especially those which have caused little more than division and disruption. That which takes away from the positive engagement here has little value overall to the forum.
    Don't mods have to read every article posted and check any links to make sure the material doesn't violate the CoC? I'm guessing that the sheer quantity of articles and links that were posted here daily from Politico, etc. was also a drag to process --I wouldn't want to do it! Especially if it was material against my own political beliefs.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Don't mods have to read every article posted and check any links to make sure the material doesn't violate the CoC? I'm guessing that the sheer quantity of articles and links that were posted here daily from Politico, etc. was also a drag to process --I wouldn't want to do it! Especially if it was material against my own political beliefs.
    As a mod, which I am not, if it was against my political or religious beliefs the post would be deleted...
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post

We want the MB to be enjoyable and a safe place for everyone. Division and disruption is a good description of the P&R forum. It got ugly.

We try to read every post and check all links. It's hard to do. That's why we rely on members to help us by reporting things.

There are links that I check only when I'm alone. Just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    As a mod, which I am not, if it was against my political or religious beliefs the post would be deleted...
    Unfortunately, we have been accused of doing that. We have the best mods. Trust me on this.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

I don't think mods had to read every article posted...that's why there is a report mechanism built in for inappropriate posts