• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bfallona
    Starter
    • Mar 2004

About time - Bronco's trying out a new punter

The Denver Broncos are bringing in potential competition for punter Colby Wadman, and they are bringing in former quarterback Frank Tripucka’s grandson.
    Former Texas A&M punter Shane Tripucka had a tryout for the Broncos, according to Mike Klis of 9News.

In 27 games at Texas A&M, Tripucka punted 154 times for 6,826 yards. He averaged 44.3 yards per punt during his collegiate career. Tripucka was previously with the Los Angeles Chargers.
    Wadman has not only been scary but ranks at or near the bottom of the 32 teams in the entire NFL!
    Bronco Bob
  • Rastic
    Modulated
    • Oct 2013

Originally posted by bfallona View Post
    The Denver Broncos are bringing in potential competition for punter Colby Wadman, and they are bringing in former quarterback Frank Tripucka’s grandson.
    Former Texas A&M punter Shane Tripucka had a tryout for the Broncos, according to Mike Klis of 9News.

In 27 games at Texas A&M, Tripucka punted 154 times for 6,826 yards. He averaged 44.3 yards per punt during his collegiate career. Tripucka was previously with the Los Angeles Chargers.
    Wadman has not only been scary but ranks at or near the bottom of the 32 teams in the entire NFL!
    Competition, LOL

That is coach speak for "we are replacing you."

The real question is why now? He should have been replaced weeks ago.

Comment

• RocketArm006
      Totally Worth It
      • May 2008

I’ve been wondering why they’ve taken so long. Wadman is pretty bad.

I really hope they just find a decent FA punter. No need to find a “franchise punter” in the draft lol.

Comment

• JvDub95
        Football Immortal
        • Jan 2005

Anybody has to be better than what we currently roster.....sign him

​​​​

Comment

• JvDub95
          Football Immortal
          • Jan 2005

Bring Tom Rouen out of retirement!!

​​​​

Comment

• bfallona
            Starter
            • Mar 2004

Anybody but Wadman and while I don't want to pull an Al Davis ala Ray Guy a punter can be weapon vs a lilability like we have. And a lot is John's fault as 2 of the top punters in the NFL are former Bronco's ( Dixon & Colquitte!
            Bronco Bob

Comment

• Spice 1
              Football Immortal
              • Sep 2004

The stuff we've been doing lately at punter has been baffling. Did we even try to get Colquitt back when Cleveland cut him?

Comment

• broncolee
                Football Immortal
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by bfallona View Post
                Anybody but Wadman and while I don't want to pull an Al Davis ala Ray Guy a punter can be weapon vs a lilability like we have. And a lot is John's fault as 2 of the top punters in the NFL are former Bronco's ( Dixon & Colquitte!
                You mean Kern and Dixon. They’re both in the top ten. Colquitt is better than Wadman but not by much.
                Stop Feeding The Trolls, Please!!!!!

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                  Super Moderator
                  • Dec 2008

The fact that Denver has almost never (I believe it's happened once or twice) had a punter lead the league in net despite playing 8 games at elevation is insane. Every visiting team punter hammer them in Denver. Meanwhile Wadman either hits a 35 yard kick off the side of his foot, or a 50 yard rope that has a hang time of 2 seconds and gives the returner plenty of room to work with.

Comment

• -Rod-
                    #TeamBroncos
                    • Mar 2008

It's happening!!!

A franchise that has struggled so much on offense for quite some time - since 2016 - should make sure they have one of the top punters in the league. 3-and-out followed by a 30-yard punt [or even 13...] is not a good formula. I thought Riley Dixon was fine, year 2 was not as good as his rookie season, but there was no need to get rid of him, especially with his athleticism and throwing ability for fake punts. Wadman just lacks too much in both leg power and consistency.
                    sigpic

Comment

• listopencil
                      Revenant
                      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                      The fact that Denver has almost never (I believe it's happened once or twice) had a punter lead the league in net despite playing 8 games at elevation is insane. Every visiting team punter hammer them in Denver. Meanwhile Wadman either hits a 35 yard kick off the side of his foot, or a 50 yard rope that has a hang time of 2 seconds and gives the returner plenty of room to work with.
                      Maybe they need to hold tryouts at sea level.
                      Adopt-A-Bronco: Tim Patrick

Comment

• moyer918
                        Practice Squad
                        • Sep 2007

We got rid of Dixon because we signed King who turned out to be horrible and never played in the NFL again. That’s when we ended up with the trash we have now. I’m pretty sure my 10 year old son could punt better

Comment

• FL BRONCO
                          Traveling Mod
                          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by moyer918 View Post
                          We got rid of Dixon because we signed King who turned out to be horrible and never played in the NFL again. That’s when we ended up with the trash we have now. I’m pretty sure my 10 year old son could punt better
                          King was a great punter until we brought him in and then VJ asked one of the best punters in the league to change how he punted the ball and he got hurt trying to do so. Then VJ ran him out of town and we got..... Wadman.

We have deserved every bit of his suck.

Same as Roby/Yiadom after Talib
                          Last edited by FL BRONCO; 12-12-2019, 08:10 PM.
                          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• KWHIT97
                            Master of the Mock
                            • Oct 2007

Elway has been horrible at finding punters.

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                              Super Moderator
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                              Elway has been horrible at finding punters.
                              Not an Elway thing at all. It's a Broncos thing. They've had bad punters for a long time. Tom Rouen was good early in his career, but was really bad 2 of his last 3 seasons in Denver. Todd Sauerbrun in 2005 was probably the last really good season for a Denver punter, and his average that year was down almost 4 full yards from his best season in Carolina. And then he got stupid off of the field.

Comment

Working...
                              X