Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Broncos @ Cheifs week.

So, a big divisional game with the all but mathematically eliminated Broncos facing the Chiefs who sit atop the division. For the past three seasons they've rolled us each time we faced them.

What are your expectations going in to this game?

I think the Chiefs are beatable. Mahomes was hurt last week which may or may not factor in to this game, but their offense has slowed a bit in comparison to the beginning of the year. Their defense has been playing better in the past few weeks.

Denver, in a way is trending - but I would not say upward, I'd say toward the future. A win is not something I really expect. Our defense has been playing great even with the injuries piling up and late game scoring. Our offense looks potent and Lock is fun to watch on the field... but for the offense to stay in the game Lock needs to have a better game. He got away with plays, staring down receivers, sloppy footwork, etc., last week against a weak secondary. Now with more film and a better defense, I expect this game to be a good test for Lock but I think his inexperience will make or break this game. What he can learn and take from the game to build on might be more important.

What do you think? What do you want to see?

So amped for this game...

We've got a good shot to win this. I don't have any expectations. What I hope to see is some offensive continuity. I'd sure like to see Lock put up some more big numbers and have our offense continuously open up the defense and stretch the field. Was our game in Houston a fluke? Was much of Lock's success aided by a very poor TEX defense?

JOIN US SUNDAY

I think it will start rough but Denver will crank out the win in the end.

28-24 Denver after KC ends the half up 17-7. 3 or 4 TDs from Lock and the legend begins.

I think Kareem Jackson is my new favorite player. What I saw from him last week was more than a step up from regular elite if there is such a thing. I hope to see our DB's make a difference in this game. We're gonna need another good game from them to win this week.
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Possible win for us IF we can finish the second half and stop playing not to lose football. Stop all the stoopid trick plays. Gotta stay aggressive on both side of the ball in the second half. And if we can come out offensively to start this game like last week and continue that pace for the entire win...Broncos will mark up another one in the win column. I would love to predict a win this week but it's a complete toss up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I think it will start rough but Denver will crank out the win in the end.

28-24 Denver after KC ends the half up 17-7. 3 or 4 TDs from Lock and the legend begins.
    I hope you're right.
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 12-12-2019 at 07:52 PM.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Broncos at Chiefs baby... let’s have some of this....

http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Broncos at Chiefs baby... letís have some of this....

Yeeeessss!

I feel good about this game. But I also felt good about the first game against the Chiefs and that went horribly. Hopefully, Lock can manage more offense than Flacco could against a so-so KC defense.

And Mahommes hasn't been the same QB since going out in the first meet up. He's still good, but not putting up the video game numbers he was putting up at the beginning of the season.

If our D can play smart, disciplined football, we should have a chance. Can't wait to see what Lock can do in a hostile environment. If Tebow can win in KC, Drew should too.

They prefer to be called the Chefs.

A tough game but again its more about seeing what Lock and the offense can do rather then getting a win at all costs, and I expect us to look good again and keep it close.

IF Fant is out or banged up then it will be tough on Lock, Sutton will get doubled all game and the other options in the passing game are unreliable, but its exciting to see all this young talent for next season and beyond in Lock, Fant, Sutton, Lindsay. We need to get another legit receiver or 2 in the offseason as well.

At least with Lock playing Bronco games are becoming interesting again.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Broncos at Chiefs baby... let’s have some of this....

I remember that! Sure miss players like Atwater....
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    So, a big divisional game with the all but mathematically eliminated Broncos facing the Chiefs who sit atop the division. For the past three seasons they've rolled us each time we faced them.

What are your expectations going in to this game?

I think the Chiefs are beatable. Mahomes was hurt last week which may or may not factor in to this game, but their offense has slowed a bit in comparison to the beginning of the year. Their defense has been playing better in the past few weeks.

Denver, in a way is trending - but I would not say upward, I'd say toward the future. A win is not something I really expect. Our defense has been playing great even with the injuries piling up and late game scoring. Our offense looks potent and Lock is fun to watch on the field... but for the offense to stay in the game Lock needs to have a better game. He got away with plays, staring down receivers, sloppy footwork, etc., last week against a weak secondary. Now with more film and a better defense, I expect this game to be a good test for Lock but I think his inexperience will make or break this game. What he can learn and take from the game to build on might be more important.

What do you think? What do you want to see?
    Any plays you can post or describe in particular? I watched the game casually while doing errands.

For the good of the league I don't want us to win. We have nothing to gain but some meh bragging rights for splitting with KC this season.

However, a win puts them at 10-4. Let us assume the Pats* go to 11-3 this week.

Next week however, with a KC win over chicago and NE* loss over the Bills, KC leaps over NE* for the 2nd seed.

Also, as long as Buffalo wins out they will be tied with NE* record wise, and up until the final week of games, they will have the same divisional record, and same conference record. So they could see possibly 5th seed, and no bye in God knows how long.

I would rather KC win so that makes it 2 teams that right on the tails of NE* to knock them out of the 2nd seed.

A Denver win on Sunday isn't the end of the world, as Buffalo could still get the job done by winning the last 3 games, but with NE* at home against Miami in the final week, I am not even sure what the tie breaker would come down to wit the same divisional and conference records (there are a million rules for these tie breakers), but I'll assume NE* would have the Bills beat.

Also fun fact, if we had won the Chicago, Jax, and Vikings game, it looks like we would be the 6th seed in the AFC. Kind of makes you sad doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bates View Post
    For the good of the league I don't want us to win. We have nothing to gain but some meh bragging rights for splitting with KC this season.

However, a win puts them at 10-4. Let us assume the Pats* go to 11-3 this week.

Next week however, with a KC win over chicago and NE* loss over the Bills, KC leaps over NE* for the 2nd seed.

Also, as long as Buffalo wins out they will be tied with NE* record wise, and up until the final week of games, they will have the same divisional record, and same conference record. So they could see possibly 5th seed, and no bye in God knows how long.

I would rather KC win so that makes it 2 teams that right on the tails of NE* to knock them out of the 2nd seed.

A Denver win on Sunday isn't the end of the world, as Buffalo could still get the job done by winning the last 3 games, but with NE* at home against Miami in the final week, I am not even sure what the tie breaker would come down to wit the same divisional and conference records (there are a million rules for these tie breakers), but I'll assume NE* would have the Bills beat.

Also fun fact, if we had won the Chicago, Jax, and Vikings game, it looks like we would be the 6th seed in the AFC. Kind of makes you sad doesn't it?
    I'm with you on sticking that needle in Belichick's eye, problem is, Andy Reid will screw this up regardless of what transpires between now and then.

Few things would make me happier than winning out. Broncos 31~ Chefs 24

Arrowhead will burn!!!
    [

The Chiefs need a taste of their own medicine and by that we need to overwhelm them with Fant.

The Chiefs are going to have to play a good game to beat us. They very well may do that, but I think the Broncos are ready as well. Our team looks rejuvenated and is having fun despite the reality of the playoffs and that is a great sign.

Fans go home cold this week Den 26-24